By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 5/29/2014 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

If you have ever wanted the look/feel of dewy perfect lips you may want this. If you have a man in your life you may need this :). This instantly filled out my lips and has them looking maybe 10% fuller. There is no color but there is a silver sheen that really enhances your lips. If you have darker/reddish lips you will not see the pink color you see in the Blog Review pictures, maybe obvious...but they will still look a bit rosier and have a slight lighted "aura," not bright silver or so pale it will wash you out. The color truly works with your natural tones. I am naturally tawny shade of red and this actually turns slightly mauve on me. I would recommend this to anyone who is on the fence. Why waste money on lipsticks and glosses when you haven't taken care of your lips first? Plus the fragrance is romantic and mood enhacing, very elegant. Like I said, if you have a man, you might need this!!!

EDIT:
After consistent use I realized this stuff was actually drying my lips out rather than moisturizing them. Started getting a weird firm outer lip skin feeling like my lips were a dry barrier. I believe this stuff has humectants in it which actually draw moisture out of your lips, giving you too-good-to-be-true instant moisture at first, then eventually dry you out as it continues to pull moisture out from your skin. If you live in a high humidity area like Florida it could work, just not for me. Keep in mind even Lansinoh Lanolin will do this too as it is pure humectant (what I bought to try and fix my lips after baume de rose). Occlusives are best. Actually Vaseline Cocoa Butter for lips healed my lips for the first time in maybe a YEAR. Crazy!! Never thought the cheapest thing was the best all along. The Vaseline was how I wanted this to be, and now they even carry rose fragrant lip treatment. If you want perfect lips, try the Vaseline (first pick) or the ELF Lip Exfoliator (works like a very expensive prep, my second choice). My lips are now satin, dewy, and no longer dependent on product-never thought I'd say that again! Anyway, very disappointed by this! Don't buy!

on 4/30/2014 1:47:00 PM

Gorgeous packaging but otherwise overrated. Given the high price, I was hoping this would be the ultimate balm for chapped winter lips, but I found that it mostly just sat on top of my lips and I did not see any improvement in condition. Also, while the pot is beautiful, it's not the most hygienic. Will not be repurchasing this product.

on 4/9/2014 1:25:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Such a beautiful balm. I apply it during the day. Very hydrating. I know it's expensive but I love it. I'll have to purchased the gloss one.

This is my HG balm. It hydrates beautifully. I only need a small amount and it doesn't need to be reapplied as often as many others. The price is high, but since I've stopped looking for others and wasting my money, I'm ok with it. I would love if it didn't come in a jar, but the wand packing on this product doesn't feel the same or give as my hydration

on 1/29/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm in love with this lip balm. I alternate between this and La Mer, and this lip balm is seriously worth every penny. If you're like me and loathe stick lip balms (like fresh brand), and prefer a much more hydrating product, this is for you. The texture is very soft, and melts into the lips providing serious hydration. The lovely pink hue naturally enhances the lips and adds shine. The frosted glass jar is beautiful, and reflects the quality of the product. I always have a backup handy.

I was very curious about this product so when an online beauty store offered a miniature size of this (3 ml instead of 10) as a free gift, I immediately seized the opportunity. I definitely like this lip balm but not enough to pay the full price. The scent, look and feel of this gloss are very luxurious so it does feel special, however the moisturising effect is not as miraculous as some say. It is ok for slightly dry lips but for severe damage I can still say pure Lanolin (such as Lansinoh) works best. I would probably buy the full size if it was 20€, but it is more than twice that price!

on 11/22/2013 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The packaging is nice but I tend to agree with the previous reviewer- definitely overrated and overpriced. It's a little lighter than some of the other glosses I own but I don't think it's all that special. I love the rose scent, but I could just as easily get that from Smiths Rosebud Salve. Plus, the fact that it contains parabens annoys me a bit as I can get better quality ingredient lists from much cheaper products. It does leave a slight rosy glow, but not $60 worth of glow. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this now. I intend to use every bit of what I have, but wouldn't consider buying again at the current price point.

on 10/30/2013 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is so overrated....I'm so upset with myself for giving in to the hype. Yes it has a smell like roses, however I did not notice any special conditioning properties. It felt like a dozen other lip conditioners I have used, waxy no real distinct flavor. ....after trying this I can say hands down. First aid beauty and eve lom have better lip conditioners at a fraction of the price. No I would not shell out another $60 for this product.

on 9/11/2013 11:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. Tried other lip treatments that helped, but not like Terry's rose balm. Qtica - loved it in the beginning, but still struggled with scaling. Finding Terry's balm helped My perpetually dry lips suddenly to get transformed into healthy looking, smooth lips without cracks, bleeding and scaling. In one day! The price is outrageous but results are truly amazing!

on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 PM

The packaging is quite unhygienic. Also, the combination of SPF actually has been shown in scientific research *NOT* to be good. The combination is oxinoxate with avobenzone. This degrades faster than other sunscreen combinations. Meaning that it is not as effective as a sunscreen. This was published in a scientific journal as the article title, "Unexpected Photolysis of the Sunscreen Octinoxate in the Presence of the Sunscreen Avobenzone." Anyway, if you just use it as a lip balm, it should be fine. But my quest for the perfect sunscreen lip balm continues...

Popular Lip Treatments