September 21, 2014 | 1138 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 5 of 5 on 9/11/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by lady1974

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this lip balm. Tried other lip treatments that helped, but not like Terry's rose balm. Qtica - loved it in the beginning, but still struggled with scaling. Finding Terry's balm helped My perpetually dry lips suddenly to get transformed into healthy looking, smooth lips without cracks, bleeding and scaling. In one day! The price is outrageous but results are truly amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 PM More reviews by roseb202

The packaging is quite unhygienic. Also, the combination of SPF actually has been shown in scientific research *NOT* to be good. The combination is oxinoxate with avobenzone. This degrades faster than other sunscreen combinations. Meaning that it is not as effective as a sunscreen. This was published in a scientific journal as the article title, "Unexpected Photolysis of the Sunscreen Octinoxate in the Presence of the Sunscreen Avobenzone." Anyway, if you just use it as a lip balm, it should be fine. But my quest for the perfect sunscreen lip balm continues...

7 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2013 11:12:00 AM More reviews by poncholefty

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Once again, MUA has steered me in the right direction. This stuff is heavenly. I am a balm junkie, but the price made me a little wary. $59 for lip balm. Really? REALLY? But it may be the best $59 I've ever spent. I got the baume and the Or De Rose. The smell of both is to die for. I keep the baume by my bed for nighttime moisture and it doesn't disappoint. I think I've been using less balm during the day (maybe this isn't a good thing ... :) ). It does go on a little thick, especially when it's a bit cold, but it warms up and soaks right into the lip. If you have dry lip problems and/or if you just want to treat yourself, this would be an excellent buy!I

EDIT: Thanks to babydolljustina for catching my error! I actually paid $59 for this not $25 (I fixed my review but thought I should 'fess up!) BUT it is still the best $59 I ever spent, and I'll totally buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 AM More reviews by OlivianaVS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I live in a cold climate (Scandinavia) and winter makes my skin dry. I have found good products that work for my skin and that is no longer an issue. Only problem has so far been my lips. They are so severely damaged to the point they actually bleed. Every morning I scrub them with a special lip scrub and I have to use tweezers to remove the dead skin. Pain. Enough said.

I have tried everything. Vaseline, vitamin B-cream, Blistex, Carmex, Elisabeth Arden 8 hour lip treatment, 100% shea butter, you name it. All sorts of vitamin supplement ( A, B, E). None of these have worked. This was before I found reviews about Baume De Rose. I though I have to give it a try even though the price was terribly high. I am glad I did. Now, after a week of use my lips are back to normal. My lips are now simply smooth and beautiful. It is for sure, I will never be without this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really hesitated to buy this lip balm because the price is quite absurd for a - lip balm. I got the chance to test it with several free samples and I have to admit it is just wonderful. I am a fan of the rose scent and apart from that it gives a lovely shimmer on your lips and worn without further lipstick it enhances your own lipcolor. It also has quite a plumping effect - more than other balms claiming to have it. But the best thing is: it keeps my lips moistured like - forever. When I put this on before work and add my lipstick and I have a full meeting morning with lots of talking it just stays on my lips, keeping them moistured and keeping the lipstick there - until the end. I really never experienced that before. I still think the price is ridiculous but I decided to spend the money anyway due to the really good results. Still just four lippies because of that pricetag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a deep love for lipbalms, even more than for lipsticks so I don't mind paying a lot for one because I see it as an indulgence.
But the By Terry dissapointed me beyond words. I fell for all the rave reviews and thought that it's a shame for me to never have tried it. I won't even comment on the price, it's well known.
The quality is really deplorable imo, this makes my lips peel. Once I apply it it feels heavy, leaves a nice pinkish colour, smells good but it doesn't do anything for your lips. It just sits on top of my lips without treating them.
Even when my lips are in perfect condition this still makes them peel. What point does it have if it makes my lips worse?
The packaging is very luxurious, the product looks and smells nice but it's not effective at all.
Blistex does a much better job than this and if you want to splurge, Sisley, Omorovicza are far better choices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the most luxurious, rose scented, heavily packaged and expensive lip balm I have ever owned in my entire life (I'm 39). I got this for $60 from Barney's New York online and it shipped for free quickly. You get 10g (0.35 oz) of product in a heavy frosted glass jar with a silver lid. Is is beautiful. The balm itself is a milky light pink that is very creamy and goes on sheer and shiny, then it absorbs into the lips and keeps them moisturized. It feels a tiny bit sticky. Mine has no SPF which I prefer. The rose scent is quite strong and you can detect it while you're wearing it and that is fine with me. I do agree that for what it really is, it is quite extravagant for a lip balm, when there are so many other products that will keep lips hydrated for much less than $60. But hey, I believe you must try everything once if you can and have a generous wonderful husband who usually agrees to your whims! I tried a $100 jar of LaMer many years ago, and I still have the empty jar which I now fill with Nivea Creme. I will most definitely re-use the By Terry Baume de Rose jar for as long as it is able after the original rose balm is gone. I would feel funny recommending this to others because of the price, but it is a nice product and I am very glad I have it to use. Yes, it makes me feel luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Let's just be real for a second: it's a LIP BALM. You know what should be exorbitantly expensive? A house. A car. Maybe a Tom Ford lipstick... Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of this product. Its smell is beautiful and fresh without being overpowering, the texture is silky and luxurious and it imparts a very faint, baby-pink glow. But then I open my eyes and come back down to earth. I'm not paying NINETY TWO DOLLARS for a bloody lip balm! If this made my lips look like Angelina Jolie's, fine. But it doesn't! And a reviewer mentioned that it didn't even keep her lips hydrated during a flight. Sure, it looks gorgeous and angelic and the packaging is luxurious, but don't fall for it! I'm assuming that you work hard for your money, don't waste it on something that contains parabens and could be out-performed by Chapstick. (FYI, I got a sample jar of this from Mecca and have been using it for a couple of weeks, but definitely won't purchase the full size) Now go on, give yourself a pat on the back for not falling for another rip-off. ;)

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this lip balm is great! I bought mine last winter, still use it now. the smell is so rosy! I only use it at night time though, it moistures my lips so well, you still feel it on next morning. people said you can use it on dry skin too, i only use it for lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

This Lip baume is one of the best I tried so far. It stays on the lips a great deal of time, it hydrates, softens and gives a tiny sheer. It's not colored, so if you're also going for a little color, it should be accompanied by a dab of lipstick. The major downside is that it's awfully expensive. The cheaper alternative is from Nuxe, offering pretty much the same lip comfort.