By Terry Baume de Rose

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (7.5%), Avobenzone (3%) Inactive Ingredients: castor seed oil, synthetic wax, diisostearyl malate tridecyl trimellitate, methyl hydrogenated rosinate, hydrogenated polyisobutene, polyethylene, C10-30 cholesterol/lanesterol esters, petrolatum, shea butter extract, stearalkonium hectorite, C20-40 acid, caprilic/capric triglyceride, fragrance, tocopherol, rosa centifolia flower wax, rosa damascena flower wax, propylene carbonate, pentaerythrityl tetraisostearate, lanolin, sodium pca, water, polysorbate 85, trihydroxypalmitamidohydroxypropyl myristyl ether, alumina, polyhydroxystearic acid, silica, methylparaben, silica dimethyl silylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, butylene glycol, mica, titanium dioxide, carmine, phenoxyethanol, propylparaben, butylparaben, ethylparaben, isobutylparaben

on 1/29/2014 11:31:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I'm in love with this lip balm. I alternate between this and La Mer, and this lip balm is seriously worth every penny. If you're like me and loathe stick lip balms (like fresh brand), and prefer a much more hydrating product, this is for you. The texture is very soft, and melts into the lips providing serious hydration. The lovely pink hue naturally enhances the lips and adds shine. The frosted glass jar is beautiful, and reflects the quality of the product. I always have a backup handy.

I was very curious about this product so when an online beauty store offered a miniature size of this (3 ml instead of 10) as a free gift, I immediately seized the opportunity. I definitely like this lip balm but not enough to pay the full price. The scent, look and feel of this gloss are very luxurious so it does feel special, however the moisturising effect is not as miraculous as some say. It is ok for slightly dry lips but for severe damage I can still say pure Lanolin (such as Lansinoh) works best. I would probably buy the full size if it was 20€, but it is more than twice that price!

on 11/22/2013 10:43:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

The packaging is nice but I tend to agree with the previous reviewer- definitely overrated and overpriced. It's a little lighter than some of the other glosses I own but I don't think it's all that special. I love the rose scent, but I could just as easily get that from Smiths Rosebud Salve. Plus, the fact that it contains parabens annoys me a bit as I can get better quality ingredient lists from much cheaper products. It does leave a slight rosy glow, but not $60 worth of glow. I'm glad I didn't pay full price for this now. I intend to use every bit of what I have, but wouldn't consider buying again at the current price point.

on 10/30/2013 11:13:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This product is so overrated....I'm so upset with myself for giving in to the hype. Yes it has a smell like roses, however I did not notice any special conditioning properties. It felt like a dozen other lip conditioners I have used, waxy no real distinct flavor. ....after trying this I can say hands down. First aid beauty and eve lom have better lip conditioners at a fraction of the price. No I would not shell out another $60 for this product.

on 9/11/2013 11:08:00 PM

I absolutely love this lip balm. Tried other lip treatments that helped, but not like Terry's rose balm. Qtica - loved it in the beginning, but still struggled with scaling. Finding Terry's balm helped My perpetually dry lips suddenly to get transformed into healthy looking, smooth lips without cracks, bleeding and scaling. In one day! The price is outrageous but results are truly amazing!

on 4/4/2013 6:50:00 PM

The packaging is quite unhygienic. Also, the combination of SPF actually has been shown in scientific research *NOT* to be good. The combination is oxinoxate with avobenzone. This degrades faster than other sunscreen combinations. Meaning that it is not as effective as a sunscreen. This was published in a scientific journal as the article title, "Unexpected Photolysis of the Sunscreen Octinoxate in the Presence of the Sunscreen Avobenzone." Anyway, if you just use it as a lip balm, it should be fine. But my quest for the perfect sunscreen lip balm continues...

on 3/17/2013 11:12:00 AM

Once again, MUA has steered me in the right direction. This stuff is heavenly. I am a balm junkie, but the price made me a little wary. $59 for lip balm. Really? REALLY? But it may be the best $59 I've ever spent. I got the baume and the Or De Rose. The smell of both is to die for. I keep the baume by my bed for nighttime moisture and it doesn't disappoint. I think I've been using less balm during the day (maybe this isn't a good thing ... :) ). It does go on a little thick, especially when it's a bit cold, but it warms up and soaks right into the lip. If you have dry lip problems and/or if you just want to treat yourself, this would be an excellent buy!I

EDIT: Thanks to babydolljustina for catching my error! I actually paid $59 for this not $25 (I fixed my review but thought I should 'fess up!) BUT it is still the best $59 I ever spent, and I'll totally buy this again.

on 3/13/2013 11:10:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I live in a cold climate (Scandinavia) and winter makes my skin dry. I have found good products that work for my skin and that is no longer an issue. Only problem has so far been my lips. They are so severely damaged to the point they actually bleed. Every morning I scrub them with a special lip scrub and I have to use tweezers to remove the dead skin. Pain. Enough said.

I have tried everything. Vaseline, vitamin B-cream, Blistex, Carmex, Elisabeth Arden 8 hour lip treatment, 100% shea butter, you name it. All sorts of vitamin supplement ( A, B, E). None of these have worked. This was before I found reviews about Baume De Rose. I though I have to give it a try even though the price was terribly high. I am glad I did. Now, after a week of use my lips are back to normal. My lips are now simply smooth and beautiful. It is for sure, I will never be without this product.

on 3/5/2013 5:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I really hesitated to buy this lip balm because the price is quite absurd for a - lip balm. I got the chance to test it with several free samples and I have to admit it is just wonderful. I am a fan of the rose scent and apart from that it gives a lovely shimmer on your lips and worn without further lipstick it enhances your own lipcolor. It also has quite a plumping effect - more than other balms claiming to have it. But the best thing is: it keeps my lips moistured like - forever. When I put this on before work and add my lipstick and I have a full meeting morning with lots of talking it just stays on my lips, keeping them moistured and keeping the lipstick there - until the end. I really never experienced that before. I still think the price is ridiculous but I decided to spend the money anyway due to the really good results. Still just four lippies because of that pricetag.

on 3/4/2013 12:40:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

I have a deep love for lipbalms, even more than for lipsticks so I don't mind paying a lot for one because I see it as an indulgence.
But the By Terry dissapointed me beyond words. I fell for all the rave reviews and thought that it's a shame for me to never have tried it. I won't even comment on the price, it's well known.
The quality is really deplorable imo, this makes my lips peel. Once I apply it it feels heavy, leaves a nice pinkish colour, smells good but it doesn't do anything for your lips. It just sits on top of my lips without treating them.
Even when my lips are in perfect condition this still makes them peel. What point does it have if it makes my lips worse?
The packaging is very luxurious, the product looks and smells nice but it's not effective at all.
Blistex does a much better job than this and if you want to splurge, Sisley, Omorovicza are far better choices.

Popular Lip Treatments