April 19, 2014 | 1557 users online

Lip Treatments - By Terry - Baume de Rose

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2013 5:12:00 PM More reviews by siobhan5

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really hesitated to buy this lip balm because the price is quite absurd for a - lip balm. I got the chance to test it with several free samples and I have to admit it is just wonderful. I am a fan of the rose scent and apart from that it gives a lovely shimmer on your lips and worn without further lipstick it enhances your own lipcolor. It also has quite a plumping effect - more than other balms claiming to have it. But the best thing is: it keeps my lips moistured like - forever. When I put this on before work and add my lipstick and I have a full meeting morning with lots of talking it just stays on my lips, keeping them moistured and keeping the lipstick there - until the end. I really never experienced that before. I still think the price is ridiculous but I decided to spend the money anyway due to the really good results. Still just four lippies because of that pricetag.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/4/2013 12:40:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have a deep love for lipbalms, even more than for lipsticks so I don't mind paying a lot for one because I see it as an indulgence.
But the By Terry dissapointed me beyond words. I fell for all the rave reviews and thought that it's a shame for me to never have tried it. I won't even comment on the price, it's well known.
The quality is really deplorable imo, this makes my lips peel. Once I apply it it feels heavy, leaves a nice pinkish colour, smells good but it doesn't do anything for your lips. It just sits on top of my lips without treating them.
Even when my lips are in perfect condition this still makes them peel. What point does it have if it makes my lips worse?
The packaging is very luxurious, the product looks and smells nice but it's not effective at all.
Blistex does a much better job than this and if you want to splurge, Sisley, Omorovicza are far better choices.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2013 1:44:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is by far the most luxurious, rose scented, heavily packaged and expensive lip balm I have ever owned in my entire life (I'm 39). I got this for $60 from Barney's New York online and it shipped for free quickly. You get 10g (0.35 oz) of product in a heavy frosted glass jar with a silver lid. Is is beautiful. The balm itself is a milky light pink that is very creamy and goes on sheer and shiny, then it absorbs into the lips and keeps them moisturized. It feels a tiny bit sticky. Mine has no SPF which I prefer. The rose scent is quite strong and you can detect it while you're wearing it and that is fine with me. I do agree that for what it really is, it is quite extravagant for a lip balm, when there are so many other products that will keep lips hydrated for much less than $60. But hey, I believe you must try everything once if you can and have a generous wonderful husband who usually agrees to your whims! I tried a $100 jar of LaMer many years ago, and I still have the empty jar which I now fill with Nivea Creme. I will most definitely re-use the By Terry Baume de Rose jar for as long as it is able after the original rose balm is gone. I would feel funny recommending this to others because of the price, but it is a nice product and I am very glad I have it to use. Yes, it makes me feel luxurious.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/30/2013 1:20:00 AM More reviews by liseyloo

Let's just be real for a second: it's a LIP BALM. You know what should be exorbitantly expensive? A house. A car. Maybe a Tom Ford lipstick... Don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of this product. Its smell is beautiful and fresh without being overpowering, the texture is silky and luxurious and it imparts a very faint, baby-pink glow. But then I open my eyes and come back down to earth. I'm not paying NINETY TWO DOLLARS for a bloody lip balm! If this made my lips look like Angelina Jolie's, fine. But it doesn't! And a reviewer mentioned that it didn't even keep her lips hydrated during a flight. Sure, it looks gorgeous and angelic and the packaging is luxurious, but don't fall for it! I'm assuming that you work hard for your money, don't waste it on something that contains parabens and could be out-performed by Chapstick. (FYI, I got a sample jar of this from Mecca and have been using it for a couple of weeks, but definitely won't purchase the full size) Now go on, give yourself a pat on the back for not falling for another rip-off. ;)

13 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/16/2012 9:16:00 AM More reviews by Toffee921

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this lip balm is great! I bought mine last winter, still use it now. the smell is so rosy! I only use it at night time though, it moistures my lips so well, you still feel it on next morning. people said you can use it on dry skin too, i only use it for lips.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2012 4:51:00 AM More reviews by irina1411

This Lip baume is one of the best I tried so far. It stays on the lips a great deal of time, it hydrates, softens and gives a tiny sheer. It's not colored, so if you're also going for a little color, it should be accompanied by a dab of lipstick. The major downside is that it's awfully expensive. The cheaper alternative is from Nuxe, offering pretty much the same lip comfort.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/11/2012 12:28:00 PM More reviews by E4XION

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Good lip balm, smells great, nice package. The only drawback is way too expensive. I can get the same result using much cheaper balms, will not buy again unless it is on sale.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2012 7:24:00 PM More reviews by ceen

Gloopiness of product is off-putting: doesn't readily absorb. Not particularly hydrating. Underwhelming all round really.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2012 7:07:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pricey, pricey, pricey, but I haven't regretted this purchase. Beautiful jar packaging, gorgeous light rose scent, and the balm does what it is supposed to do without being extra greasy. I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2012 5:53:00 AM More reviews by SanjaFika

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse Eyes: Black

All the previous reviews have already covered the issue of the insane price tag attached to this, so i wont get into it!
I am currently on my 2nd or 3rd jar of this and even though this was suppose to be a one-time purchase, a luxury treat per say i have repurchased more than once and sadly i will break-down and buy it again i am sure. The skincare fanatic in me is always on the look out for the next best thing, i am very fickle when it comes to brand loyalty and even though i usually buy HE, i've discovered a few drugstore gems that surprised me. My lip balm collection is completely out of control - i have them in every single part of the house, every handbag, pocket, drawer etc for "emergencies". Baume de Rose however never leaves my side and not just because of the price - to put it plainly, it preforms better than anything else i have and can fix my lips in 5 seconds. The texture is like a typical balm, without the stickiness and oily residue of others of course. It sinks in fast, erases any flakes that might be on there, drenches the dry feeling AND smells amazing (i love roses!). I expected some colour but my pigmented rosy lips prevailed and i prefer it that way and even though my lips are already full, the plumping effect is definitively noticable :)
I am sure there might be better lip treatments out there for less but i dont know of them - when i do i will be the first in line to buy them but until then i will carry this little jar everywhere :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No