St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Price: $

Price: $

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I absolutely love St. Ives Blemish and Blackhead Control Scrub. I was previously using a gel based cleanser and kept suffering breakouts. Finally, figured out that the gel cleanser wasn't thoroughly cleansing my face well enough and getting all my makeup. So, the next time I was in Wal-mart I picked St. Ives for the 2% salicylic acid. The grains are super small, great at exfoliating, and has a fresh scent. What's not to love? P.S. the breakouts also stopped :)

on 2/11/2015 2:36:00 PM

This has been a staple in my house growing up (my mom always had it on hand), and honestly I think it does everything that it promises. For the price, you can't beat it. Now, I am a makeup lover. I love the way makeup enhances my beauty, therefore resulting in more confidence even when I have problematic skin. However, if you do not have a great skincare routine tailored to your specific skin type/conditions, makeup can only do so much. That is where this product steps in. Having this part of my skincare routine has really helped my skin. It stops breakouts and provides a very gentle exfoliation, if used correctly and in small amounts. Plus I have sensitive skin and this does not break me out or cause an allergic reaction on my skin. It's gentle enough to use every other day and immediately after I wash it off, my skin instantly feels softer and cleaner.

Always remember, 'more expensive' and 'higher end' does not always equate to 'better', so keep that in mind if you're having a hard time finding products that work for you.

on 12/13/2014 6:10:00 PM

This face scrub makes my night/morning face washing time easy.
The wash is a bit rough on my face but it works out because it helps my acne.

on 11/6/2014 4:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I really like this product, it really smooths out my skin when I use it every other day. I haven't noticed much difference in my acne as far as I'm concerned but it is really nice to massage into your face and is not too gentle!

on 10/24/2014 4:52:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I used to love this when I was younger; but I guess as I age my skin become less oily thus doesn't benefit from this? Or, it could be simply because the new 'Apricot Scrub Blemish Fighting' is just not for me!

I have combination to oily skin, and it doesn't help that Singapore is humid all year round, plus the fact that I sleep with the AC on in the room, all the more my skin is dry from within.

I used to use 'invigorating' and it was pretty good, until I saw 'blemish fighting' and thought it would suit my combination skin, but apparently not. I scrub my face once every 2 days, because I cannot stand having whiteheads every few days when I have just extracted them. The salicylic acid could have been too much for my skin, and I will always have small patches of flaky skin around my nose (in which Vaseline helps, but it's another story altogether).

Another thing is, because this is placed on my shower rack, water tends to get collected within the cap (and it's not easily removed by opening/closing of the flap)! When I bring this overseas, I always gotta make sure that I overturn and slightly squeeze the tube just so that water can be removed thoroughly. It's so weird!

I have more than half a tube left, and decided to use it to scrub my pits instead. St Ives 'invigorating' scrub work, but not this 'blemish control' formula.

on 10/9/2014 6:00:00 PM

This used to be a Holy Grail product for me back in high school. I stopped using it for a long time and picked some up a few months back so I can start using it again. I don't know if it's been reformulated or something, but it made me break out really bad! In places I never had acne (side burn are, temples, and sides of my forehead). It's very harsh now. I'm going to try it for my feet. That will be it's only good use if it works out. I'm so glad I found a new HG worthy scrub!

on 9/23/2014 1:24:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Scatchy and mechanical as all-heck - not a holy grail but OK for feet and body. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Way too harsh.

on 9/23/2014 12:48:00 PM

Great exfoliator. I use this every other day and it helps keep my skin under control. I still need to use a clay mask once every other month to get rid of some blackheads.

on 8/13/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a true classic! I have tried a lot of different scrubs but I always seem to come back to this facial scrub. I remember using this when I was a teenager and still to this day I LOVE it. Makes my skin so soft and clean and the smell is wonderful and refreshing.

on 8/5/2014 5:03:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I love, love, love this as an every-other-day post-cleansing scrub. It's not abrasive, smells yummy, and leaves my skin feeling baby smooth. It's great for keeping my acne at bay and for gently exfoliating. And for the quality, the price is hard to beat.

Popular Scrubs