December 17, 2014 | 1765 users online

Scrubs - St. Ives - Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2014 12:03:00 AM More reviews by LoveSavv

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

this product works very well with my skin, I have oily skin with lots of blackheads but not acne prone. I've been searching for years to find a product to fight my blackheads and I must say this is it. It did not completly get rid of them but it's only been a week I've been using it every night before bed. I do not use it for blemishes tho so I can't say for that. But I saw a dramatic difference in the blackheads on my nose and chin.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 6:04:00 AM More reviews by suez777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The reason "apricot" scrubs feel quite harsh and scratchy is that they are made using the dried out kernel of the apricot, which is then ground up and added to some sort of cream base.
They feel harsh and scratchy because that is exactly what they're doing - when you use them, you're inflicting microscopic tears and scratches all over your skin. And quite possibly the "glow" afterwards is caused by your body pumping extra blood to the area to deal with the resulting inflammation.
Yes they're cheap, but there are plenty of other cheap options that use polyurethane (ie: plastic) beads that are round with no irregular and sharp edges that can tear and scratch the skin.
PS: this problem is not just confined to apricot scrubs. There are many (usually the ones marketed as 'natural' that contain dried and ground up fruit kernels, pits (olives, cherries) and the shells from nuts (walnuts, etc).
In this case plastic - fantastic is probably the better way to go.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/7/2014 5:06:00 AM More reviews by AllyDean

I read about this product as the cheaper alternative to La Prairie Essential Exfoliator which I usually pay Aus$70. I paid a little over Aus$10 for the St Ives so definitely cheaper, but the positives end here.

There is a massive concentration of beads in the product which makes my skin irritated and feeling raw after use - like rubbing sand on my face. There is very little cream in the bead to cream ratio so there is very limited amount of scrub time before your face begins feeling irritated. It may be due to the short scrub time, but I don't feel that my skin has been exfoliated properly - I can still feel bumps as I run my fingers over my skin. On top of that, the packaging states that you should use this product 3-4 times a week (may be different internationally)!

Did not like the product at all and glad that it's cheap enough to dismiss! But will most likely use it as a body exfoliator so I don't waste it. There is literally no comparison with the La Prairie - much gentler on the skin as there is more cream than beads and exfoliates better as well.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/1/2014 8:21:00 AM More reviews by qaeng3

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

pros:
1)cheap
2)easily available

cons:
1)grains are a bit rough in my opinion
2)made my face red after using
3)feels like this will damage my skin more than benefiting it
4)made my skin oily

i used this 3-4 times before i stopped using it. I am using this as body exfoliator now. I rather use my clarisonic or a chemical exfoliator instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:48:00 AM More reviews by elliiebroook

I've had this product for a while now, using it every other day. You wouldn't want to use it every day as it would make your skin dry. However, when i used it, it made my skin feel fresh and clean, and the it smells brilliant. Although I like the product, I have friends with acne who would say absolutely don't buy this product as it is quite rough and can spread spots. But for those who want to de-clog pores, this is the perfect product for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2014 10:34:00 AM More reviews by RogueMystique

I just bought it today and after the first wash my skin is unrecognisably smooth. It feels like after facial spa treatment. Smells pleasant and generous with apricot beads. I was never a scrub user and now I love this scrub and will definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 8:43:00 AM More reviews by heyitsem

I cant really give a judgement on this product as I only got it yesterday, but I am very very pleased with this product.
I recently had a really bad reaction with another product (*cough* Good Things Purifying Cleanser) so I used this in hope it would make the spots caused due to the cleanser smaller and less irritated.
I like that St Ives have various forms of this scrub to accomodate specific skin groups (Renewing, Gentle and Invigorating)
I used this product individually minus anything else, this product didnt dry out my skin, if anything it left it feeling soft and supple. I also noticed the following day that my skin had a glow to it which I believe was caused by this scrub.
At 4.29, this is a great scrub for those like me with normal/combo skin.
The beads within this scrub felt a bit scratchy, but if anything, that helped the overall result of this scrub.
I am going to incorporate this product into my "pamper evening" night, after me using my facial mask as I believe this is too harsh to use on a daily basis.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2014 10:50:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

I am on my second tube of this stuff, and I am very pleased. I have congested/combo skin that's rosacea prone and somewhat sensitive (yes, I'm, a lucky gal). I use this between 3-5 times a week in the mornings depending on how my skin is feeling. Typically I let my skin get a little soft in the shower, lather my face with my cleanser, then put some of the scrub over the cleanser. I don't think it's too abrasive on it's own, but my skin is finicky, so the cleanser is a bit of a buffer. It rinses cleans, and makes my skin softer and more even looking.The price is definitely right. I also like that since it's cheap, I don't mind using this as a body scrub if I've run out of mine. I would recommend, and I will buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2014 5:12:00 AM More reviews by ElisabethJanePickup

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A good budget buy. Does not feel too abrasive at all - in fact quite smooth so I don't worry that it's doing my skin any damage like some scrubs. Smells good.
However, I'm a recent convert to Liz Earle's hot cloth cleanser so don't feel the need to use the St Ives scrub as much as I did but you can't go wrong for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by misscaramel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for years. Really effective in treatment of blemishes! If I get s pimple I use this and its gone fast! Luv it!