St. Ives Apricot Scrub Blemish and Blackhead Control

Active Ingredient: Salicylic Acid (2%). Inactive Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Juglans Regia (Walnut) Shell Powder, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, Zea Mays (Corn) Kernel Meal, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG-100 Stearate, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Fruit Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Primula Veris Extract, Sambucus Nigra Flower Extract, Acetylated Lanolin Alcohol, Carbomer, Ceteareth-20, Cetyl Acetate, Polysorbate 60, Sodium Chloride, Sorbitol Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Fragrance (Parfum), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891).

I really like this face scrub, use it about 2-3 times a week not everday as can be harsh but also sometimes use it as a body scrub!
Smells nice and makes my skin soft after using it

St. Ives Apricot scrub smells amazing, but I feel like it is way to harsh for my face. So now i use it as a body scrub until I finish it off.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I've been using this for years as a body scrub...way to harsh for my face. I do an exfoliating body scrub 2x per week and follow with Nivea Skin Smooth Sensation Lotion religiously. My skin feels and looks smooth and soft. I get many compliments on my skin.

I bought this because my favorite exfoliation product had been discontinued, and this had SO MUCH hype around it. My first thought when I used it was that it was incredibly harsh, more so than any other exfoliating product I had ever used. My face actually felt a bit raw to the touch after using it (I have sensitive/combo skin). I used about 1/3 of the bottle before I decided I couldn't inflict that kind of torture on my face anymore. I did try it once as a body exfoliater, but found the same results. It also did nothing for my complexion, except make my skin red.
On a whim, I decided to try cleaning my bathroom with it. It works pretty well as a bathtub and sink cleaner. Which should tell you how harsh this stuff really is.

This exfoliator works good overall. The first time I used it I could immediately notice an improvement in my skin's appearance. It helped to reduce the blackheads around my nose, and made my skin feel smooth. However, it made my skin a bit dry. I used to use this around once a week, and did so for a few years. Over time I noticed that it seemed to become less effective so I stopped using it.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

First off, It doesn't get rid of blackheads at all -_- But it did make my face feel fresh and smooth for a few minutes. It's kinda rough. It kinda feels like ur rubbing sand on ur face, but I didn't mind.

I just noticed someone else had reviewed this, and it triggered my memory of the product.

The grittier the better for me, when it comes to manual exfoliators. So I really like it. It's great for dry skin. I feel like my skin doesn't shed / renew itself quick enough and my pores get clogged. I always need to speed up the process. This was a good budget buy and I'd buy again if I just needed something, fast.

(I've always been a bit on the fence about chemical exfoliators as alternatives. They often lead to major skin purge for me)

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I love this stuff, it really helps with my oily nose, and it's completely cleared up the jawline zits that have been hanging around since forever. One thing, though. One layer doesn't do it for me. I do one thinner layer to kind of rub around, and get the dead skin off. The second is a thicker layer, I let it kind of sit there for a few minutes before washing it off. That does way better than just one layer.

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Broke me out. So strange considering it's a blemish control scrub. On the other hand it made my skin super soft. Still broke me out though.

I started using this last week and my skin has blown up. I suffer with mild acne over my face but not really on my head.. however since using this I have huge red painful spots all over my forehead and tzone. I don't know if this is meant to happen to begin with and then it all clears up? But at the moment I'm not too impressed :(