Dior Addict Lipstick

4.2

on 8/5/2013 3:15:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I bought my dior first dior lipstick a couple of months a go. I own this lipstick in 354 palace. I love lipstick such as this one because it's not too pigmented. This lipstick is great for daywear. When im out for a night i prefer to wear something more pigmented. I have to apply this lipstick each 2 hours. The lasting power is ok but the finish is beautiful. Highly recommend!

Dior Addict Lipstick 578 DIORKISS was my first lipstick. I bought it last year and I felt immediately in love with it!

It is a very soft lipstick and the color is beautiful. It stays for quite a long time and I really like how it looks on my fair skin. I love using it when my hair is in a ponytail so all the attention can go to this wonderful lipstick. Also, it smells really nice and it feels quite creamy.

Although it is a little bit expensive I think it is absolutely worth it.

I recommend it to everyone who doesn't mind spending a little bit more for quality because that is exactly what I found in my Dior lipsticks. Since I fell in love with this one I couldn't help but purchase more Dior lipsticks but I'll leave those for another review :)

These are hands down my favorite lipsticks for daytime wear because they are:

1) unscented
2) hydrating ++
3) have pleasingly aesthetic packaging
4) have a great colour range
5) give a medium shine finish
6) have moderate/mild colour pigmentation so no lip liner needed

These are NOT for people who want a whack of mattified long lasting colour or for people who can't do regular reapplications.
For me this is like a high end moisturising lip balm for grown ups and I love them.

on 6/10/2013 2:25:00 PM

I'm using this up because I love the color and it was very expensive but I won't buy again. It really isn't taking me long to use this up because I have to reapply so often since the formula doesn't last. I wouldn't be bothered by that so much, except I don't find this to be very moisturizing either. In fact, it does the weird clumpy thing both on my lips and in the tube. The color is beautiful and very current for this summer, so I am just trying to use it up before the next trendy lip color comes in and this gets tossed to the bottom of my lipstick stash.

on 4/21/2013 11:14:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I bought my first Dior Lipstick about 2 weeks ago and I am really in love with it... I haven't worn a lipstick since I was 5 (my moms lipstick to cover my whole face with) and I always had a feeling that lipsticks were for older woman.. but I decided to try it and get over my feelings towards lipsticks and needless to say I am really impressed.
The Dior Addict Lipstick is moisturizing and the color is just perfect -though it doesn't last too long on my lips - hence I gave it 4 lippies.
I would definitely re-buy the one I have now and even buy some more colors.

on 4/16/2013 4:46:00 PM

I had used a few Dior Addict lipsticks over the years, and found them all very moisturising. The textures are very smooth and buttery (like a lip balm), the packagings are adorable and of course, they all give that luxury feel. However after using up my last Addict lipstick this year, I had absolutely no interest in repurchasing it any more. That is because first of all, though they have a great selection of colors, they are not very pigmented. All the lighter shades I purchased look beautiful in the packaging, were hardly showing any color on my lips, they almost look like clear lip gloss with shimmer. Secondly, because of the soft texture and the less pigmentation, they ran out very fast (the Dior Addict Lipsticks ran out in a few months while my CHANEL allure lipstick lasted for years). Overall, it's not worth the price to me anymore, you pretty much just pay the extra for the fancy packaging. After years of trying out all kinds of products from both HE and drugstore brands and learning from my experiences, now I only pay HE price for the product that truly stands for its value and has no cheaper substitute to be found in drugstore. And for Dior Addict Lipstick, many really cheap lipsticks are not only as good as it, but some times even better.

on 1/2/2013 9:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love my color (Dior Kiss) and its shimmery effect. However, it has a bad staying power and is not very pigmented. Dries lips if used without a moisturizer. I find myself not using it often.

on 11/28/2012 7:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I am reviewing the Dior Addict lippie in Baby Rose. This is a very pretty baby pink color with microshimmers in it. It does not dry my lips out, and is one of the very few lipsticks that I can wear without a lipgloss over or a lipbalm under. To me, this is defiantley one of the most comfortable lipsticks I have ever worn. This is HG for me. Also, the packaging is so beautiful! The tube itself is silver with a rounded top that is stamped CD, and this slides downward into the casing, which is clear with a prism effect to it, and has Dior in raised letters on the side. I have mine sitting on display on my dresser, right beside my makeup stash. All in all, this is a winner in my book, and i will continue to repurchase as long as they make this one!

on 11/15/2012 3:15:00 AM

I have 578#, because of the addiction of Kate Moss. EVERYThing is perfect, the color, the texture, the packaging. The only thing unperfect is the price, in Beijing, I have to use almost 300RMB (about $50) to buy it. unbelievable and unfair!!!
But thanks to the God, I have some chance to go to HK, the price is nice there.

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Wanted this for a long time because I've seen it look great on other people. It's $30 for a tube of lipstick that is more like a balm. I like a lipstick with more substance and this has a lot of slip to it. I got Dior Kiss which is a really pretty color but highly dupable. The lipstick must be reapplied often and the packaging is much larger than the actual product quantity. This is not the right product for me but I can see why some people would like it. I am returning this sucker.

Recommended for Medium Skin