Cover Girl TruBlend Pressed Powder

3.7

Talc, Mica, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Coco Glycerides, PTFE, Lecithin, Methicone, Ammonium Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Styrene Acrylates Copolymer, May Contain ( /-): Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Red 36 (CI 12085), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Zinc Oxide

Horrible. Waste of $$$! This is a drugstore product so I was not expecting it to be comparable to something like Benefit but this was a complete disaster. It didn't apply evenly and when I had it on I felt like I had a tight mask on my face. Honestly IMO face products are something you need to buy high end...Its worth the splurge. I had to return this powder.

on 4/27/2013 4:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool

I have extremely sensitive skin, almost to the point of being annoying. I have had allergic reactions (mainly itching) to make-up remover wipes, eye shadow, foundations, moisturizers, facial cleansers etc. But never to a powder, until now.

I ran out of my Rimmel pressed powder, and on a whim, decided to buy this instead. I never used a mineral powder before. I should also probably mention that I did not use this with the Tru Match foundation.

Over the last few weeks, I noticed my face has been itching a lot more than usual. At first, I thought it was my facial cleanser, but I tried a couple different kinds and still itched. I usually wash my face in the shower, but this morning, I decided not to use any kind of facial cleanser. I still itched. That is when I finally realized that it probably was not my facial cleanser that was making me itch, it was this powder. I bought another compact of my Rimmel powder this morning.

But even if I was not allergic to it, I do not think I would purchase this product again. I bought the transparent medium. It was a good match to my skin, but it did not really set my foundation and rubs off really easy. I also think that the sponge that comes with this product is not the best either. It is so flimsy. I also found it really hard to apply without looking overly powder. I'm sticking with my Rimmel powder. I used that for a long time with no problem.

on 4/21/2013 10:35:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I don't even know what to say about this product... It kind of sucks. The powder is really hard, it seriously feels like a rock so it's really hard to get on the brush. It's not smooth at all. It doesn't keep you matte either.

on 12/26/2012 4:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I can't decide what I think of this powder. Sometimes when I use it, I think my skin looks fabulous - other times, I think it cakes up within seconds. It is very blendable and feels lightweight, for the most part. I would probably buy it again. I'm still on the lookout for a powder that can do everything I want it to...

*** 1/7/13 - EDIT ***
This breaks me out in big, gross, deep pimples. Booooo! I gave it 1 lippie because it did look good on my skin on a few occasions - so maybe it'd work well for someone else. I gave it to my daughter - hopefully it doesn't have horrible effects on her face. :\

on 9/28/2012 9:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Pros-the color matched my skintone very well and works great for blending bronzer/blush.

Cons-can look cakey or powdery on face REALLY easily. made me break out. :(

I wouldn't buy it again since it made me break out, but other than that its a decent product.

on 5/14/2012 12:18:00 AM

this is probably my hg powder. super light-weight on the skin, not too powdery, yet it hides the sheen of my t-zone and is great for setting my make-up. this is very silky on the skin. the only thing is next time i will probably buy the next darker color because i think these run a little light.

edit (10/02/12): i don't use this anymore because i now like to use talc-free mineral powders. but this was okay.

on 3/14/2012 3:25:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Time and time again, I come back to this one way or another! You can use this without foundation, and like another reviewer said, get good coverage. I have very oily skin still in my 30's, and this does not break me out or turn me orange after my shine breaks through. Also, like the simple packaging and the fact it is easy on my wallet! I still like some other powders (Physician's Formula, Revlon) but they are more expensive and their packages are bulky and more cumbersome. This is a great standby!

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I use this over a long-last foundation. Just a btw.

Pros- simple, very soft powder yet isn't messy or all over the place. controls greasies.

Cons- you can easily overpowder in my opinion. don't even get me started on that puff it comes with. it will make you look so fake. I suggest a LIGHT fluffy brush otherwise you'll look cakey.

Once you know how to work with it, it's like PERFECT, HG and amazing.:) I love that it's transculescent but doesn't make you look ashy or anything.

on 10/4/2011 6:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Cool

nice powder. pretty decent oil control.

This is the best coverage I've seen with a powder foundation, but I still have to pile on the liquid foundation on top of this.
It's a decent product, but it creates a rim around your face, so once you apply this, and try to apply liquid foundation, the liquid foundation basically slides right off, or gets REALLY oily, which is one of the reasons why I stopped using this product.
With the mirror, when you apply this I can see it on my face (colors are VERY defying) and it really doesn't look non-comodegenic, The way it feels and looks, it looks as if you just dunked your head in a bowl of flour. Not a good foundation. Won't cover-up acne.