February 1, 2015 | 2096 users online

Scrubs - Origins - Modern Friction

rated 5 of 5 on 8/4/2013 4:47:00 AM More reviews by hellokittybrock

I have spent several years of mine using Origins exfoliators. Started off using the Origins never a dull moment. After finishing the tube comes Origins modern friction. Both are equally good. I would say Modern friction is more suitable for people with oily and tougher skin. If you have really sensitive and delicate skin, you wanna stay away from such stuff. The modern friction is more heavy duty than Never a dull moment. You can also tell from the pricing. Modern friction is also way more expensive.

If you ask me which performs better, I would say modern friction gives a better polish result. I might also repurchase modern friction again. I have seen reviews saying Apricot scrubs have rough edges and causes skin damage. They are also less expensive due to its relatively cheap material. They might stretch and enlarge pores. I am not too sure how true that verdict is. But to be safe, I would go with the modern friction.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/2/2013 6:51:00 AM More reviews by Dannigiirl

I have combination skin with a tad of dryness. I was in the market at the time for a good exfoliator and the beauty advisor at Origins (knowing my skin type) suggested this scrub. She said since I'm somewhat dry to apply it with a damp face and if my face is more oily to apply it after cleansed and dry skin. I only used it once or twice a week but was really disappointed. The "beads" were somewhat too harsh for me personally and were randomly scattered around so I didn't feel that it was actually exfoliating all over my face. I really didn't like the smell, but after rinsing, my face did feel smooth and soft but after a minute or so, it started to get dry and tight. I decided to switch my regimen to only using it maybe twice a month but that still didn't help and I never fell in love with it. I think I'll stick with my Biore Pore Unclogging Scrub. Oh well! I don't recommend the Modern Friction (even though I'm a die hard Origins fan) but would recommend the Biore Pore Unclogging scrub to anyone who is looking for a daily scrub with acne prone skin and clogged pores for a better value.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/19/2013 8:42:00 PM More reviews by testerwhore

First of all... a word of warning on this stuff- DO NOT GET IT IN UR EYES!!!!.... HOLY LORD .... this stuff like FRIED MY EYEBALLS OUT ! no lie... it burns like craaiizzzyyyy !
Havin said tht- the scrub itself is fab! Left my face feelin smooth n visibly brighter.
Its got a strange texture to it... kinda like PVA glue mixed with sand! 0_0 very sticky and gunky. I was a little unsure on how to use this so i jst went ahead and applied it on my dry face... which again was a little difficult to do bcoz it dusnt spread tht well on a dry face and kinda get carried away using too much from the tube to layer it on.
However when mixed with a few drops of water this stuff lathers up well.
But it freakin burns if gotten into ur nostrills or eyes... i dunno what they put in this scrub which causes this crazy chemical reaction!!
Its a little on the pricey side- but well worth the dosh when it gives good clear skin!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2013 12:29:00 AM More reviews by whereismymind59

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Best face exfoliator I have ever used! I am almost out of it! It is a bit more expensive, but I purchased the scrub in September of last year and use it 2-3 times a week. I have combination skin that flips between being more dry and more oily depending on the day and the weather. In the winter I suffer from eczema, and the summer from a super oily nose area and this scrub literally helps all my needs! It is gentle, yet gets the job done, and I love how it doesn't leave my skin feeling tight or dry- my skin just feels clean and nice for lack of a better word. I find it gets rid of oils where you need it to, but it also moisturizes and gets rid of the dry patches- this stuff is like MAGIC.

Even my mom (who is in her 50's) likes to steal this from me and she even told me how much she thinks her skin has improved. This exfoliator is literally for everyone, don't let the price scare you, it lasts FOREVER.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Neelaaaa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

**I have combination skin with very very slight oil on my temples and nose.Everything else is normal skin and not too dry or oily. I usually just say my skin is normal but wanted to include that I have a lot of blackhead on my nose. They usually arent extremely noticable but I apply makeup with those magnifying mirrors and just get too self conscience about it.Lol

I recieved a sample of the Modern Friction scrub after a free facial at my local Origins retail store!! After that I ended up purchasing it online (compare prices when buying from the internet and stores.I decided online because I'm a sample whore and found a great deal that came with a full size eye cream)

Anyways, this scrub/dermabrasion/whatever this is, works amazing! Now I've tried many exfoliators in my short 20 years of living and always come back to St. Ives Apricot Scrub...(before discovering Origins). The SA that did my facial mentioned how ST ives can get stuck in your pores and is too rough which made sense but I didn't jump on the train until doing my own research first.Turns out its pretty bad in terms of a scrub and it's gentleness.Although St. Ives has salicylic acid in it and this doesn't, theres plenty of natural/other ingredients that help clear blemishes as well in Modern Friction.

I love it!! I do not have sensitive skin at all but do feel a cooling tingle when puting on my skin.Feel good I guess? lol. The smell is really nice if you like earthy scents.I know I sure do. It's like lime and basil and some sort of other cirtus in it. I apply it dry and spread it as much as I can before it dries.I add a drop of water to help it reliquify and begin scrubbing. I got this weird rubber face scrubber that came with a loreal face wash and it works great for this. It burns like CRAZY if you happen to get it in your eyes when washing off. This is one of the reasons why I just apply it before a shower and let it rinse clean off my face without even touching it. (I shut my eyes tight and let the pressure from the water rinse it off).

Update: 7/30/13
I hate to discourage any potential buyers, but the awesome effects of this scrub fades the more you use it. If you rotate it with other good quality face products, your skin won't have a chance to get used to it and will refresh itself giving a nice glow. This scrub is more of a cleanser when I want a deeper clean since the exfoliating beads are a total joke. I miss my St.Ives scrub because it left me with a deep clean feeling but I will stick to this since it's gentler!

Update: 9/24/13
I still have tons of this stuff. It works average and I don't even use it that much anymore. I wanted this to be that one awesome product , but I will keep searching! By the way, the size that I purchased online is the travel size. So it's been months and I still have a good amount of product left. I will not be repurchasing at this point, just so I can try other products

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2013 11:14:00 AM More reviews by Monjo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Love this scrub. It smells heavenly and very rejuvenating. I wish it was less expensive. Other than steep price it is great product but there are cheaper replacements.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2013 7:43:00 PM More reviews by megansi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOVE IT! I am new to the exfoliating game but after an appointment with an esthetician I was advised to start! I tried a sample of this and was promptly hooked. It leaves your skin feeling so smooth and clean! It has also helped with oil and breakouts, imagine that! ;) It has a subtle scent that isn't overpowering. It doesn't feel heavy with chemicals (even though it probably is). I am a believer in this product.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/27/2013 9:06:00 PM More reviews by wandaana

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I honestly felt like my face was gonna burn off while using this scrub. I have a couple blemishes and I could practically feel them inflaming and turning even worse. I scrubbed my face for about 30 seconds (that's as long as I could stand it), and couldn't open my eyes for like 5 min. I had rinse with cold water in order for the burning sensation to go away. As I touch my face now, I WILL admit that it's softer and my pores seem to have decreased in size, but dear god I don't ever want to go through with scrubbing my face with this ever again. There are MANY gentler scrubs out there that do the exact same thing and don't feel like chilli pepper on my face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 12:15:00 AM More reviews by Xexuxa

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this product!! I purchased it about 7 months ago and still haven't used up the entire tube. You get a decent amount of product in the tube, which is good as I was taken aback by the price at first. The SA at the counter did a demo of the product on my hand and I really liked the result so I made the purchase.

This product really exfoliates the skin well without causing irritation. A lot of other exfoliation products I have tried didn't have the right texture to really do the job because I have oily skin. I use once to twice a week and I have noticed a real difference in my skin. I would purchase this product again and recommend it to anyone with less sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2013 5:58:00 PM More reviews by cameobear

This is now one of my all time favorite scrubs! I've suffered from a horrible bout of cystic acne for the past year, and I'm just now recovering and adjusting my skin care routine to accommodate my new normal, slightly sensitive skin.

I have a really high cell turnover on my face, and that combined with the flaky skin I have from previous acne treatments means I exfoliate A LOT. I use my clarisonic nightly, which has helped a lot with the every day flakiness, but I can definitely feel a significant buildup, especially around my nose and cheeks, every few days.

Despite needing exfoliation, my skin is definitely tender, so I need something gentle, that's still effective. Many other scrubs I've tried are either wayyy too abrasive, or so gentle they don't do anything. This scrub is a perfect combination. I put it on my face dry as recommended, and scrub gently for around 30 seconds, or until it forms a thick paste. Then I hop in the shower, add a little water, and it works into a great lather that cleanses my face and takes away all the dead skin.

I first tried this as a sample from Sephora, which I would definitely recommend if you can since this is pricy. The little sample tub lasted me about two weeks, during which time my boyfriend picked it up for me around Valentine's Day after hearing me rave. It is pricy, but the bottle is HUGE, and you really only need a small dab to get the job done. I've been using my tube since Valentines Day about twice a week, and I haven't made a noticeable dent; I will update to let you know how long it lasts!

One downside: be VERY careful about getting this around your eyes and nostrils, it burns! As long as you're cautious, it's a great scrub.