Avon Planet Spa African Shea Butter hand & cuticle creme

3.3

Aqua ,Alcohol Denat.al ,Cyclopentasiloxaneeo ,Glyceryl Polymethacrylate ,Menthol,Parfum / Fragrancei ,Dimethiconeeo ,Triethanolamineyou, Carbomer , Methylparabenta , Dimethiconoleo, Maris Sal / Sea Salt ,PVM / MA Copolymer.

on 3/27/2007 8:57:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have no idea why some of the previous reviewers are raving about the smell of this, but for me this smells HORRIBLE... I like exotic, nutty smells (like those at the Body Shop) and bought this thinking it would be a pleasant thing to put on and go to bed, but was completely displeased. It smells like strong fragrances were just thrown in the jar without paying attention to how well they go together, and the result was a mess. Besides the smell, the consistency of this "lotion" is very lightweight. Talking of "butter" I was expecting a thicker, more moisturizing creme. Trust me, this product will do nothing to your cuticles. It does get absorbed fast, which would make it suitable for daily use rather than at night, but I would not dare to put that thing on my hands in public -that weird smell would be the first thing people would recognize. Has a very nice jar though.

on 1/26/2007 9:24:00 PM

I like this cream-works good-smells good-what more could you want?!

on 4/26/2006 11:25:00 PM

I like this hand cream because it smells so good to me. Makes my hands nice and soft, and the hands don't feel greasy. I would definatly buy it again for my self and for my family.

on 3/13/2006 8:10:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

Although the smell could be better, it doesn't really bother me. The lotion does absorb quickly and lasts for a few hours before I find myself using more of it. But, as far as cuticle cream, it doesn't do anything for my cuticles, if anything I find them rougher and drier than before.

on 2/10/2006 10:55:00 AM

I did not care for the smell of this at all. It smells like burnt caramel to me. As this contains shea butter, I expected it to be a thick, rich creme. It is a light lotion that absorbs in easily and without leaving a greasy residue. I prefer thicker creams for use on my hands and feet at night, like Avon's moisture therapy cream. My DH likes the smell of this is using up the tube on his hands.

on 12/19/2005 12:41:00 AM

I'm addicted to this entire product line. I keep this in my purse, as well as at home. Works as well as any other hand cream, but the smell is so addicting! For an extra treat, exfoliate your hands with the matching Brown Sugar body scrub.

Smells good and seems to be moisturizing without being greasy. I will repurchase.

on 3/16/2005 9:16:00 AM

I really couldn't disagree more with the other reviewer. First, this product smells STANK! It smells like something rotten--totally disgusting. Second, it is not moisturizing at all. After application there is a film on top of my hands that won't go away until I wash them. I think the product does not absorb well. I will not repurchase. I'll stick to Ahava and L'Occitane.

on 1/1/2005 11:28:00 PM

I got this as a part of the gift when I ordered the skincare from Avon, and I ended up liking this more than my order item. At first I thought the smell was a bit heavy, too much like candy, but upon application the candy smell fades somewhat, and ends up like a cross between caramel and brown sugar. It's pretty nice for winter actually.
As for the creme this is simply the best hand moisturizer I've used for a while. It absorbs into the skin quickly, not too greasy, and leaves the skin silky soft. Now I gotta try all the other Planet spa items...