Bobbi Brown Gel Eyeliner

4.3

BOBBI BROWN LONG-WEAR GEL EYELINER INGREDIENTS (2010): isododecane - cyclopentasiloxane - polyethylene - trimethylsiloxysilicate - disteardimonium hectorite - propylene carbonate - lecithin - phenyl trimethicone - hydrogenated polyisobutene - methicone - barium sulfate - bht - phenoxyethanol [ /- iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) - mica - titanium dioxide (ci 77891) - blue 1 lake (ci 42090) - carmine (ci 75470) - chromium oxide greens (ci 77288) - manganese violet (ci 77742) - yellow 5 lake (ci 19140) - chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289) - bismuth oxychloride (ci 77163) - ultramarines (ci 77007) - ferric ferrocyanide (ci 77510)]

on 1/11/2015 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool

This was given to me as a gift and my first try with gel eyeliners. Truly amazing. Creamy consistency with good pigmentation. Nice sharp cat flicks. Considering other colours now.

on 12/31/2014 10:15:00 AM

My go to eyeliner. Lasts all day. I had my last pot for 12 months, used it pretty much daily and didn't dry out - just take a bit out with you eyeliner brush and use your hand as your palette. I have dark eyes and usually go for black ink. If you prefer a less intense look then the dark brown shades are nice

on 12/25/2014 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

git this awhile ago and been using this long enough to write a review. Got this in Black Ink, bought it in Malaysia for RM 88 (Rp 335.000). I have used MAC Blactrack, Kanebo Kate Gel Eyeliner, and Tony Moly Gel Eyeliner before. The texture to me isn't as creamy as MAC, the color isn't as dark as I wanted it to be. it doesn't glide smoothly, I actually use dabbing motion to put this on, especially if I try to put a second layer on since it will rub off the first one if you don't. It dries up on quicker than MAC or Tony Moly though, so you don't have to wait too long. Less creasing compared to MAC and Tony Moly, but still, to me it's not worth the money. I don't understand how it got its award. I find it bleed to my lower lashline. Will never buy it again. In fact, if I could, I would sell this one I already have to buy a better product.

on 12/19/2014 10:59:00 AM

If you're here trying to decide between BB gel liner and MAC fluidline, go with BB! I've been an avid lover of MAC fluidline for years... until I tried BB.

The thing about fluidline is that no matter how I store the stuff (upside-down, right-side up, lid tight as I can get it, etc.) it dries out. It's not so dry that it's unusable, but it's dry enough that it flakes off into your eyes and under your eyes all day long. Not too happy with that.

Also, with a lot of fludline's colored versions, the pigmentation is awful and takes 2-3 coats to get some payoff.

Bobbi Brown gel liner knocks it out of the park. It's a lot creamier than fluidline, while also being much more pigmented and easier to apply. Lasts just as long as fluidline (i.e. all day) and is perfect for tight-lining as well.

The color selection is pretty good. I would love to see them bring back some of those super bright colors, as right now it seems like the blue/purple/greens are a dark tone. Some bright teal or purples would be amazing.

Either way, I've made the switch to BB now. It's worth the extra money for sure.

This gel liner looks beautiful on me with a good eyeliner brush. However, it dries up after you once open the jar. For me, only half of the gel liner was used, and it dries up. It is kind of waste of the product.

on 12/3/2014 11:56:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

Once on the eye, this liner lasts through the day. However, it dries up very quickly in the little jar. Therefore when it is on the brush it transfers little clumpy crumbs of dried up eyeliner onto the eye and so it is dry it is hard to put on. I bought a new one recently thinking that my old one was dry because old, but the new one is exactly the same. I would absolutely never waste more money on this product. Have been thinking that Bobbi Brown products are cleverly marketed because they seem overrated. Plus, has anyone noticed that the sales people all look orange?

on 11/16/2014 4:02:00 PM

After hearing so much hype about the Bobbi Brown long-wear gel eyeliner, I had to try it out for myself. I've been using it for the past 3 or 4 months, and I've decided that I will not be buying this product again.

First off, the product does not live up to the "long wear" claim for me. I would apply this liner around 8:00am before leaving for work, and by 3:00 or so, the liner has faded from my lids and has left me with those semi-raccoon eyes that all of us ladies are familiar with.

The only reason I still use it is because I don't want to throw the money I spent down the drain. NOT worth $24. I also use a Revlon gel eyeliner that I got for about $8 that does a far better job than this Bobbi Brown one.

on 10/10/2014 9:01:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

HG eyeliner. It goes on super smooth and lasts ALL DAY. I love the brown for a natural day look. Easy to apply with an angled liner brush. I can put this stuff on in less than two minutes, amazing product.

on 9/23/2014 12:59:00 AM

WOW! this gel eyeliner is now my HG! I read and researched for days on end for a long lasting eyeliner for oily eyelids. This product did not fail! As I do get oily lids, I apply this over an eye primer and eye shadow, but the lasting effect is all day long! The texture is creamy and does not dry out in the pot. The colours are bold and noticeable on the lids.
I apply this with a gel eyeliner brush and you can get a perfect flawless line every time. It's a bit more on the $$ side, so I tend to buy all product online. However this product is so good, I don't mind paying full retail price if I needed to.

on 9/16/2014 5:46:00 AM

I would not recommend this eyeliner to anyone. The gel hardens up after a few months and it is EXTREMELY hard to apply this eyeliner, especially with the brush they give. Even after i bought another eyeliner brush specifically to use this eyeliner, application was still hard and there would often be small gel clumps on my eye. The gel doesn't glide very easily and the worst part is that if you try and do an extra coat, the eyeliner clumps over and it looks really tacky. The eyeliner also smuged alot. If i did a cat-eye look the ends would also fade by the end of my day. It's over priced and not worth it.