July 30, 2014 | 2052 users online

Eyeliner - Bobbi Brown - Gel Eyeliner

rated 5 of 5 on 5/24/2014 1:15:00 PM More reviews by missiwi1970

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have tried many gel liners,but this one i constantly return to.It's a beautiful intense black and has,for me personally, the best consistancy,creamy yet thick,which i prefer.Lasts all day,doesn't irritate my eyes and it's real easy to remove with makeup remover.It is my number one make up product

rated 3 of 5 on 5/11/2014 2:12:00 PM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have a love hate relationship with this product. I've purchased it a number of times (currently have Mahogany Ink 21.) When new, the product gives a beautiful result. However as time passes, the textures always thickens and/or dries up on me and the result never looks quite as good. I honestly don't think I will repurchase this one at retail. I never seem to use up the product before the formula degrades. It comes in a lovely glass pot that is not a good choice for travel given the weight. There are so many other eyelining products on the market today that are a better value and are less of a hassle to deal with. I've been told storing the pot upside down helps but for me the product just isn't worth all the effort given the relatively high price and the many alternatives on the maarket. BTW I've heard Bobbi say this liner was inspired by her habit of using mascara with a liner brush in a pinch. More often than not I leave this product at home and throw the brush in my mu kit along with my mascara. Works well in a pinch for a similar result.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by piareyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The best gel eyeliner for me so far! Happy to find a 2in1 pack in Duty Free (brown and black travel pack). It glides perfectly, doesn't run and stays on the whole day. Comes with a good eyeliner brush too. It's easy to correct and clean when you make a mistake but once it settles then stays put. Always close the lid of the jar or turn it upside down when you use it so you don't expose it to air and dry the product.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/4/2014 2:52:00 AM More reviews by dboliveiro

Bobbi Brown's Gel Eyeliner in Black is my absolute favourite product!!!! I was using a different well known brand of gel eyeliner prior to this one and was happy with it but after a few months, its longevity began to fade so I decided to give this a go. I have been using this particular product for almost 5 months now and can safely say I would buy it again and again.
It is super easy to apply. I use my Shu Uemura retractable eyeliner brush and apply this product across the upper lash line. It takes only a matter of seconds to set and doesn't smudge. I find that even after a whole days wear, my eyeliner is still in place with hardly any smudges. It is slightly higher in price than some other brands but to be honest, you get what you pay for. I LOVE this gel eyeliner!!! Bobbi Brown ... I salute you!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 2:37:00 PM More reviews by twee420

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the only eyeliner that stays put on my oily eyelids! It is very pigmented & surprisingly easy to apply. It is very expensive but well worth it. I repurchase this over and over again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2014 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ekym

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this gel liner in Black in and I love it. I have oily lids and this stays put all day. I only wear it for special occasions and holidays, so I have yet to find out if it’s actually water-resistant. I use this with Bobbi Brown Ultra-Fine Eye Liner Brush and I can apply as thick or thin a line that I want. I had never used gel liner before and found the brush and gel very easy to use. A little goes a long way. I have had my little jar for over two years and have used less than a quarter of it. I was worried it was going to dry out, and while a crack did develop in the gel, it still applies like new. It is pigment rich, so one swipe shows up black, not gray like other brands can. I have no idea how long it will take me to use this up, and I wouldn’t be surprised if in another year or so the jar did dry up. When my current jar is used up, I would buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2014 12:05:00 AM More reviews by julvett

What's so amazing about this gel liner is that I've had it FOREVER and it still applies so smoothly. Easy enough to get a clean wing with a small brush (I use a Mac 210) and it's super black. I have long work days and liquid eyeliner doesn't last long enough on me, so now I use this everyday.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/13/2014 9:30:00 AM More reviews by lola4610

This is a great product and although Bobbi Brown decided to lower their prices, it I have to say I like the Maybelline 24 hour liner better and that's almost 1/3 of the price on sale. I have tried to use this with every brush I own and have even gone out and bought different brushes with different tips but it does dry out quickly and can be guilty of giving the raccoon eye, even with primer. I don't always wear winged eyeliner but I do I enjoy this product when I need a subtle line and don't need it dramatically black and require longevity.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2014 4:55:00 AM More reviews by ireneontiveros

It gives me racoon eyes, difficult to apply because its even more time consuming than something that doesnt come in a pot. I really didnt like the product. it smears if i forget and rub my eyes. it runs on the ends of my eyes. What's the rave all about anyway?

rated 2 of 5 on 3/8/2014 9:57:00 AM More reviews by slim5555

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This latest incarnation is not the same as the old formula, while it is more forgiving and easier to apply , it no longer has the longevity or the blackness of the original formula. L'Oreal, Maybelline and any number of drugstore brands work equally well. I have heard that Tarte makes a very good one, but for now I will stick with the Fran Wison cake liner and my Joradana $2.99 felt tip liner, which by the way is far and away the best felt liner whether luxury or well known drugstore brands. Back it goes and thank god sephora has a great return policy.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No