July 30, 2014 | 2176 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Unstoppable Mascara [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/20/2010 11:25:00 PM More reviews by Pauw

I am talking about the pink unstoppable curly extension mascara by maybelline. For someone like me who doesn't want volumizing mascara because it makes my lashes look fake, this is really good. So if you want volumizing mascara, don't buy this stuff to save it from uncritical reviews.

You could literally see your lashes lengthening the moment you apply this mascara and even if you don't curl your lashes anymore, it won't matter because it will honestly subtly curl your lashes for a natural-looking curled lashes and not crimped.

For those who have issues with clumping, all mascaras will clump if you don't apply it properly. What would work for this is don't pump the mascara wand inside the tube for that would just build the product up in the wand. Get rid of the extra mascara before applying ONE coat on your lashes. Then before it dries up, put a card or paper on your lids then brush off the excess mascara using a lash comb or spoolie.

This is some good product that I think is underrated and badly reviewed because of improper use or buying this for the wrong purpose. For the price, this will last you a long time and it stays the whole day on your lashes, no clumping, no smudging. Easily removed with makeup remover, or just cold cream.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/16/2010 1:01:00 AM More reviews by orchestrated19

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unstoppable isn't quite the right word. More like unoriginal. There is nothing special about this mascara. It is basic to the nth degree and I would not suggest buying it to anyone unless you really just want to experiment with everything you can.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2010 10:31:00 AM More reviews by volpino

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara, and can't find it anymore at CVS. Did they discontinue? I did find it on Amazon and ordered a bunch, in case anyone else is wondering the same thing...I like that it's a natural look, and doesn't clump or flake--it goes on super smooth. I already have long eyelashes, so I prefer a natural look for daytime. It really does not smudge! And, it does come off at night so easy with soap and water and just gentle rubbing. I hate heavy mascaras that I have to scrub to get off, losing eyelashes in the process (who wants to lose what they have?). I think this is a good product that really does what it says, and I prefer it to any expensive or luxury mascara. I guess I will be ordering from Amazon regularly, unless I can find it again in drugstores!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2010 5:37:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

I like the brush on this one a lot. Good drag through the lashes...the mascara has good pull and builds ok with my lashes. I really like the thin, textured brush that grabs all of my lashes. I felt like I was getting all of them coated evenly. Mascara is a little thin but the brush helps with that.

I haven't seen this around in a while, is it still on the market?

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2010 8:38:00 PM More reviews by Lomelindi

I used this years ago and found it by accident because I didn't know how to use mascara back then. I LOVED this mascara; it was good quality, very reliable, and had all around solid performance. Despite not being waterproof, it held up all day and gave just enough definition to look glamorous but not enough for it to look fake (or look like you're dressed up for the club). I think it's just a simple, easy-to-use, excellent mascara, especially for someone that doesn't know where to begin with mascaras.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/20/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by kennymoron

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought the Unstoppable Curly Extension with the pink tube and non-waterproof. So far I like it, but I don't love it.

PROS:
    - Cheap
    - Easy to remove
    - Adds a decent length to lashes and a bit of curl

Cons:
    - Unlike the Fiberwig or L'Oreal Double Extend, this mascara is a bit smudgy when comes in contact with water
    - Clumps a bit when applied too much
    - Sometimes my upper lashes stick to my lower lashes if I apply this mascara to both. So I usually just apply this mascara to my upper lashes.

Overall, a decent mascara. Might repurchase if it is on sale, or not because there are so many other mascaras that I want to try :)

EDIT: Took of 1 lippie - it gives me a bad dark under eye at the end of the day. End up giving it to someone else. I won't repurchase. For mascara, I think Japanese brand have some very good ones (try Fiberwig or Fairydrops)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2010 10:52:00 AM More reviews by misskho

i have unstoppable curly extension

and i love it, it curls, lengthens and is a rich black, doesnt smauge, washes off easily, the brush is small enough to get into the corners of my eyes and is a good shape to coat my little lashes

i have no complaints so far, this i would compare to lancome hypnose

if u can get your hands on it buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/9/2010 2:30:00 AM More reviews by millymill

I actually got the Unstoppable Curly Extension but I cant find it here so I'm posting m review of that here. A rather blah mascara but with 1 redeeming factor: its lengthening properties. Just based on that I'm willing to repurchase

The Good
    Good lengthening properties as mentioned above. I like the brush because its easier to control (but then again brushes are very personal preferences) and thus there are less clumps, and application for lower lashes is easier. The waterproof version is ABSOLUTELY WATERPROOF AND SMUDGEPROOF. I've cried in it, I've sweated in it and boy I tell you this thing stays. It doesnt flake to the best of my knowledge, even after crying/sweating.

The Bad
    There is such a thing as too many coats for this mascara. Put too many coats and you get spidery looking lashes. Moreover there is absolutely no curling properties at all (despite its self-touted CURLY extension name) and it doesnt hold the curl well.

Overall an average mascara. I love the waterproof-ness (if there is such a word) and the lengthening of this mascara. Not to mention the ease of application (which is a BIG BIG factor for me) makes it stand out. But its performance as a mascara is nothing to rave about, and its good as a finishing touch mascara, rather than a standalone one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2010 11:56:00 AM More reviews by elizabethyong

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The lengthening formula is my HG (5 stars for that), but I hate the volumizing one, that just never seems to dry, and clumps and smudges. One star for the volumizing one.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/7/2010 8:03:00 AM More reviews by kalokairi

I won this mascara as a prize, though the packaging of mine is black that has a silver gradient at the cap. I already have long lashes and this mascara lengthens & emphasizes my lashes even more. This doesn't clump as much on me compared to my Volum' Express Hypercurl but since I use a lash comb after applying mascara it is not much of a bother for me. the sleek, shiny lashes I get after using this, and how smudgeproof it really is. I'd buy it again but I'd like to try other mascaras.