October 30, 2014 | 1734 users online

Fragrances - Bulgari - Au The Vert (Green Tea)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/1/2008 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Dayna77

Classic, sexy, elegant, great staying power.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2007 1:03:00 PM More reviews by mogwai

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Got this in a set of five Bulgari fragrances in a nice black keeper box from Macy's. Knew I wouldn't like this one but tried it anyway. Too green for this spicy oriental fan, but others might like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2006 4:41:00 AM More reviews by enya

my favourite scent. hv been using it for more than 6 years now and keep on repurchasing. a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/23/2006 1:13:00 AM More reviews by burlesquebunny

This is my classic scent. It has been a part of my fragrance collection for years. It's clean, crisp and has a touch of green and citrus. Five lippies.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/27/2005 1:20:00 PM More reviews by barbre

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Violet

Nice summer fragrance - refreshing, green, wooddy. Really good aroma. But I can't smell it on me. I know that it happens after some time, and that this is only "eau", but with this fragrrance it happened almost immediately. Plus, I never recieved a compliment on it. I left it for next summer. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2005 6:24:00 PM More reviews by DunandaFalls

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Eau
Parfumee at The Verte by Bulgari is a very
fresh, clean and summery green tea fragrance with a very light and
transparent feel. It begins as equal parts bright citrus (bergamot
and orange blossom), fresh airy florals (rose and jasmine), lush
green tea and a very interesting base of oakmoss and bee’s wax.
The bee’s wax is the strongest part of the base, giving it a
very interesting dry, waxy, woody dry down. As it dries down, the
light pepper note emerges along with a light tonka bean, which adds a
slight warmth to it that is very pleasant as well. But the original
version is a little too light and simple for my tastes and seems
slightly more suitable for a woman, but only slightly. The bee’s
wax note is something I can’t recall smelling before in a
fragrance and I rather like it. But, for a man, I really do prefer
the Extreme version which has a thicker green base with heavier
oakmoss and green tea notes, but it has very little noticeable bee’s
wax note. So I own and enjoy them both for a summertime green tea
fix. 3.5 out of 5.

notes: Bergamot, Orange Blossom, Cardamom, Jamaican Pepper,
Coriander
Middle
notes: Bulgarian Rose, Spanish Jasmine
Base
notes: Green Tea, Oakmoss, Tonka Bean, Bee's Wax

continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2005 12:26:00 AM More reviews by smellslikeleaves

A fresh green tea fragrance, very nice. A bit of citrus (orange, bergamot, orange blossom), a bit of spices (pepper, coriander), and a bit of tea which feel very clean and refreshing on my skin. I see that this is considered a unisex cologne but unlike many bergamot-containing fragrances, it's sweet enough to fall more on the feminine than the masculine side. This is quite similar to my other green tea scents, L'Occitane Green Tea and L'Artisan The Pour Un Ete. I don't feel nearly as ecstatic with this as I do with The Pour Un Ete, but this does have much better lasting power (at least 7 hours as opposed to less than 30 minutes). A worthy green tea contender, but missing a little something extra.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/29/2004 11:49:00 AM More reviews by sarasum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My husband recently purchased this perfume for me and it is a truly beautiful scent. It is so pretty and feminine. It's floral but not overbearing. It is a nice, soft and romantic fragrance. The only down side is that it is a bit expensive.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2004 11:23:00 PM More reviews by elfriede

To my nose, this is more feminine than other unisex citrus colognes, possibly because of the rose and jasmine. Very refreshing, subtle, clean, crisp. I wasn't sure about the pepper at first, but it has grown on me. Much better sprayed on rather than dabbed (as from a sample vial)--dabbed on, it can become unpleasantly sharp. UPDATE: as others have said, this scent must be very fresh and has a short shelf life--the citrus notes don't hold up well over time.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2004 8:06:00 PM More reviews by JosieChampagne

Perfect warm weather scent. Crisp, clean, and I have been wearing it for 8 years and still get compliments. I prefer the EDP because it lasts all day.