Cover Girl Cheekers - soft sable

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

Talc, Oat Kernel Flour, Mineral Oil, Kaolin, Zinc Stearate, Fragrance, Polyoxymethylene Urea, Quaternium 15, Eucalyptus Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Camphor, Menthol, Propylparaben, Clove Flower Oil, Methylparaben, BHT, Mica, Titanium Dioxide May Contain: Iron Oxide, Carmine, Red 7, Ultramarine, Red 6, Yellow 5

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

If this blush was a guy, it would be like Ashton Kutcher. Nice looking, but there are better catches out there... And I can say that this is the "loudest" shade out of all the CG Cheekers I own (which will be reviewed later).

I was kind of iffy about buying this because I thought it may be too similar to Brick Rose from the same collection. They both have that rose/brown combo that I gravitate towards in blush. Soft Sable actually is quite different from Brick Rose; it is darker, frostier, and warmer. I would describe this color as a medium pinky-peach with red/bronze undertones. I am NC30 and I think it flatters my coloring.

CG Cheekers claim to be sheer, but I find this to be the most pigmented of the bunch. Thus, I feel that I need to lighten up my hand with this one. I'm sure that others will appreciate how pigmented it is though.

on 5/14/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

Pretty color? yes.
The color to me is a soft rosy brown.
It doesn't have glitter or shimmer...but it does give off a frosty sheen to me. Which is why I gave this a low rating. I don't mind blushes with subtle shimmer...especially when the shimmer is not visible and doesn't stick to the skin. This color might work best for those with dry skin. I have combo/oily skin and this just accentuates pores. Too much sheen and frosty for my liking. My boyfriend also wasn't a huge fan of this blush either. He preferred another blush when I asked him to compare haha...

on 3/16/2011 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

This product has a LOT of bad ingredients in it- three different types of parabens, which are not good for you skin or your body (80% of things you put on your skin soak into your body).

On the other hand, this is the most natural and beautifully sheer blush I've ever used- plus it's drugstore cheap. I've recently replaced all of my make-up with natural brands like Tarte, Pangea, Korres, and Bare Escentials... the most difficult thing for me to find a replacement for was this blush because the color is so natural yet beautiful and has this really cool sheer/non-sparkly quality to it. It's not a matte blush, it's not sparkly, but it just has this sheer glow to it if the light hits it just right.

So I love the blush, but I hate the ingredients and I won't buy it again because my health is more important than a pretty blush color. For anyone else who is in the same boat, I found a similar color/sheer texture with Bare Minerals Pure Radiance and the Nars Illuminator in Orgasm.

on 10/15/2010 12:35:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

This is probably one of the first blushes I ever bought. I LOVE the color. It is a very flattering rosey pink and is probably one of the best blush colors I have ever used. It's kind of like my go to shade that I can pair with anything and it always looks good. My only complaint would be the noxzema-like smell, but I love the color so much, I won't even take off for that. Plus, I have had mine so long that either I have gotten used to the smell or it has faded because it doesn't bother me as much anymore. You NEED this color!

on 7/31/2010 12:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I used this blush for the first time today.....in my opinion, it's better for a highlighter/bronzer. Also, unless you have dry skin, it's way too shimmery. I might be able to use this as an eyeshadow......it's definitely not a blush to me.

on 2/16/2010 3:02:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this blush. I have fair to fair-medium skin tone in the winter and darker in the summer. I have been using this blush for years and its my HG. It had good pigment and is very cheap. Use a blush brush to apply this and NOT the brush in the package.

on 2/4/2010 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

This is a pretty color for an inexpensive brand. I haven't used it in a while but its nice for the daytime. It is a pink satin color. When I first startted getting into mu, like 7 yrs ago this was my go to color.

on 12/9/2009 2:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

I love the color of this blush, it really gives my face some life in the morning. I like that it has a gold-ish shimmer to it, I have dry skin so it doesn't bother me. Also I don't know if it's something I'm doing application wise but I've noticed that at the end of the day it seems to be darker than when I first applied it in the morning. Other than that I have no problems with this blush!

on 5/9/2009 5:40:00 PM

I really like this blush, It's a really pretty bronzy-peachy pink color. It does have some shimmer in it, but I don't find it to be too frosty like other reviewers. It's a great color, great amount of color and a great price! I love it!
:) mo

I don't use blush often but this is a really nice light brownish rose peachy color LOL it does have some shimmer and that why I'm deducting one lippy, my oily skin need matte powder otherwise i look like a disco ball. Could be HG if only it's wasn't a frost:(