April 17, 2014 | 1560 users online

Concealers - Lancome - Effacernes

rated 1 of 5 on 10/26/2013 9:43:00 PM More reviews by marthaprz18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Im light skinned, no acne or blemish problem really but I do have somewhat dark circles. This concealer claimed to be waterproof- it's not. I wouldn't mind if it weren't waterproof as long as it did its job in CONCEALING dark circles :/ but it doesn't conceal. I had to layer it and set it with a powder but even like that I wasn't not pleased. It's an "ok" concealer but it wasn't worth the hype, mac's prolong concealer worked better(no its not my fav either but I chose that one other this one).. I honestly wanted to love the product but it just didn't cut it for me. It's the type of concealer that only on super great fabulous days were you barely have any discoloration- you can wear. But for those of us who are unlucky and have dark circles, this one isn't it. Hope this helps..

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2013 9:20:00 AM More reviews by CrisAlex

I really wanted to like this product, especially since I have been very happy with other Lancome products like their blushes, mascara, and the Rouge in Love lipsticks. Unfortunately, this one did not work for me. While it did an okay job of covering my undereye circles, it stung my eyes to the point that I was tearing - a lot. This one went in the trash.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/19/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by Juunna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Doesn't provide good coverage at all. I keep on reapplying but still not happy with the result. Also makes my face oily and cakey after 2 hours. I feel disappointed wasting my hard earned money on this. I'll be switching back to MAC pro longwear which is way soooo much better.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Mellifluence

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A really disappointing concealer that definitely doesn't match the price. Coverage is good but unnatural, and particularly bad if you have dry skin because it both emphasises and increases dry patches (even when applied on top of a heavy moisteriser). If you don't need a thick concealer, save your money and get the Maybelline Dream Lumitouch instead.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/4/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cornflakegrrl

Doesn't provide as much coverage as I'd like (I have severe dark circles!) and definitely doesn't last as long as it claims to (I go to work around noon and, by the time I'm leaving, around 7 PM, I take a look in the mirror and my dark circles are there, like I have no concealer on my face). For the price I paid, I expected a lot more. Once I'm done with this, I'm trying MAC Pro Longwear.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2013 8:15:00 AM More reviews by larabk

The absolute BEST concealer I've ever used! I don't wear full foundation, only concealer on the spots I need, so it's important that the concealer I use really works. It doesn't take much product to cover up any blemish or hyper-pigmentation.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 5:32:00 PM More reviews by fannyfan

PROS:
- Smooth, liquid consistency
- Non-drying when used over moisturizer
- Virtually invisible on skin (only a small amount is needed)
- Lasts 12+ hours with no primer or powder
- Good coverage for light to medium dark circles
- Brightens eye area without accentuating bags
- Also works on spots, around the nose, etc.
- Tube lasts 8-12+ months with daily use

CONS:
- Camouflages but does not completely cover severe dark circles
- Creases slightly within 1-2 hours of application (but eventually sets)
- Looks cakey if powdered or over-applied

BOTTOM LINE:
As close to HG as I've found so far. Will repurchase unless I come across an equally non-drying and natural-looking alternative with fuller coverage and zero creasing, but I'm not holding my breath for that.

(This review is cross-posted from the Effacernes Waterproof listing, which appears to be the same product.)

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2013 12:57:00 AM More reviews by calimoonchild

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I cannot live without this product. I have two strikes against me: I have very deep-set eyes, and genetic dark circles. AND I have natural discoloration around my eyes- my eyelids are naturally more darkly pigmented and it makes me look really tired. Thus, I use this product under my eyes, and on my eyelids to correct the discoloration. This is the ONLY product I have tried that works- covering the eyelid discoloration is a bonus, but the undereyes are the real purpose and it is the Rolls Royce at that, as far as I am concerned.

I have used it for at least 7 years and it has never let me down. It is FABULOUS. It can be a bit tricky to work with- my best tips are to tap it on and let it set a few seconds while you tap it onto the other eye area. Then go back and blend. Let it set about a minute and look in the mirror again. If you need, do a second coat- I often need a second coat and this stuff presents NO problem with that. It is very layerable. Also- I do all my application of this with my fingers- seems to work best with this product. It will literally cover just about anything around your eyes.

It is thick, so a little goes a long way. 1 tube last me about a year- no lie. And I apply it daily.

One thing to be sure about: it is ONLY meant for around your eyes. Don't use it on other parts of your face- it is not oil-free, and it might break you out. I didn't know this before I had a consultation with a Lancome makeup artist, after I'd been using it for years.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/3/2013 2:26:00 PM More reviews by mervesen

It is a nice concealer with a pink undertone (I am using #1) for hiding dark circles. Also it is a long lasting product which I am using for one and a half year. I have a darkness problem inner corner of my eyes hence I am using it also on my eye lids. The biggest problem is that since area of my eyes is a bit oily, the product become a line on my lid after a certain time. 3-4 years ago I was using Loreal concealers and according to their performance, there is no such a huge difference between them except moneywise. After finishing I would like to try another brand.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/25/2013 6:00:00 PM More reviews by shazzar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm quite surprised at the high rating for this (currently 4.1). I have quite dark undereye circles and this does nothing for them at all. The texture is creamy and moisturising but is way too sheer and doesn't last at all, maybe 2 hours.