Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Concentrated Cream

4.5

Water (Aqua/Deionized) (aqua), Cocoa Extract (theobroma cacao), Petrolatum, Propylene Glycol Stearate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil (cocos nucifera), Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Mineral Oil (Paraffinum Liquidum), Stearalkonium Chloride, Cocoa Butter (theobroma cacao), Palm Oil (elaeis guineensis), Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate (vitamin e), Fragrance (Parfum) (parfum), Hydroxyethylcellulose, PEG 8 Stearate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C) (vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (vitamin A), FD&C Yellow 5 (CI #19140), D&C Orange 4 (CI #15510)

on 10/25/2012 12:54:00 AM

Ugh this is one of the products I regret buying. I very much dislike the smell and this takes way too long to absorb. I used this at night only to use it up and to avoid smelling like this all day long. Yes, it's moisturizing, but it's nothing special. Definitely doesn't tone skin or smooth scars like it claims.

Palmer's is not your usual "Drugstore" brand here in Egypt , it's considered in-between one , so this product wasn't dirt cheap for me but I thought of giving it a go as I love body lotions/creams and use soap in my shower which results in dry skin ..I bought it mainly for my hands and feet and I am sorry to say I wasn't impressed at all ...So much hype for a good product but not a miraclous one by any means ..The smell is lovely but kind of strange as it makes me feel like going and wash my hands of all that chocolate . It's well obsorbed & moisturising but don't expect miracles , specially when used on feet ...Honestly , I have used some unlisted and unknown brands that are way much better and DID wonders to my hands and feet .
Update: I took off another lippie because of the smell ..I love chocolate , cocao ..etc , but the smell in this product gives me headache ...
The last update : Love hate relationship !!! May buy it again ....

on 8/13/2012 1:56:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this concentrated cream for my hands before I go to bed at night. It does make my hands nicely moisturized when I wake up and helps relieve dry skin. I would actually rate this at 4.5 because I can smell the cream when I sleep at night and although the scent isn't unpleasant, it is a little strong when using at night. I normally don't mind the scent, but sometimes, it gets a little too sweet. Unfortunately, where I live, I can't buy unscented versions because I haven't seen them. It would be nice to get it though! Either way, I'd buy this again because it works well :)

I'm obsessed with lotion and since seeing this is a classic I had to try it. Its really moisturizing and has little to no scent. Travels extremely well because the lid snaps tight. I purchased the one in the tub as well and that one has more moisture and a lot more product. both packaging is great and I will continue to purchase

on 5/28/2012 4:49:00 PM

Hello, my first review ever.
First of all the product smelled nice and it felt nice on my skin. I used it after tanning and it moisturized my skin after appying for a long time.
I dont know about the scar removing due a short usage period and im a little sceptical about it..
I must say that it disappears in my skin without leaving it greasy ..and so i have used it on my face too and makeup still lasts all day.
Overall - great absorbsion, nice smell, moisturizing lasts long and price is not so bad either,

I bought this for an overnight cream to use on my dry hands & feet. It works pretty good for that purpose.

I made the mistake of rubbing it on my neck & chest and woke up with a horrible rash.

on 9/22/2011 6:01:00 AM

I am using this cream as my hand cream. My hands are parched and in need of moisture. I expected a bit more from the cream being concentrated but I didn't find that it helped that much more than any regular hand cream. It is decent but not a miracle worker for me.

The scent is ok. It is more of a dark chocolated - quite bitter but I dont mind it. It absorbs very easily without leaving an oily residue.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Love love love love love! I love this smell, people are always asking me what perfume I'm wearing and they are shocked when I tell them my 'secret'. Makes my skin super soft. LOVE IT!!

on 8/20/2011 6:22:00 PM

I have used Palmers Cocoa Butter formula body cream for years. A friend originally recommended it to me to treat my sun burn, and ive reperchased again and again ever since.
Firstly i LOVE the smell, i like anything with a cocoa fragrance and this has a very strong lasting smell. So maybe not one for people who are not a fan of overpowering frangrances.
The lotion is a thick rich consistancey but is easily spreadable and does soak in well, not immedietly but quick enough. I usually apply after a bath so that it doesnt matter if it takes a little longer to absorb fully.
It leaves my skin smelling nice, feeling very soft and cared for. A great benefit of it is it contains vitamin E and it also claims to tone and smooth skin....which i have found to be true if used regularly.
The price is very resonable, about 3/4 for a 200ml.
Also when using this the other night i noticed on the back of the bottle it states Palmers do not Animal Test. To be truthfull i dont really investigate this before buying products (we all should) but now I know that this product has this benefit it would just make me reperchase more.
The only downfall is the bottle, its easy to get the lotion out at first but when you get to the end of the product its a bit trickier to get out because the consistancy is quite thick. They sell it in a pump action bottle too, but its still the same...you have to unscrew the whole thing to get the last of the product out.

on 8/7/2011 10:06:00 AM

SMELLING SO NICE!!Great one as hand cream.it's make my hand soft ,and it doesn't make my hand sticky.