September 19, 2014 | 1250 users online

Loose Powders - Cover Girl - Professional Loose Powder

rated 2 of 5 on 10/29/2013 7:31:00 AM More reviews by courtney16spicer

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've had this powder for 2 months now and I've only worn it 3 times, because every time I've worn it I've broken out really badly. Another thing I really hated about this is the smell- I cannot get past it- it smells really old and, this sounds bad but, like an old lady. When I applied the product I used less than I normally use and I still seemed to look a bit cakey. The applicator it came with was really terrible, a little furry puff that makes it impossible to spread or use (the benefit is that it fits inside the tub nicely so it's good to carry around). I really wanted to like this because it's so much cheaper compared to my normal one ($8 at Kmart).

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 10/2/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I tried this awhile ago and it was basically the worst powder I've ever tried. I am by no means oily but I literally was shiny like 10 minutes after I applied it. Also, it made me look super gray and ashy. It kinda looked like I push fireplace ashes all over my face and ruined the color of my foundation. This stuff is cheap and for a reason. Maybe it's also a contributing factor that I'm not a huge fan of loose powders...but this stuff is a total miss for me. I also HATE the packaging, the lid constantly falls off so there's no way I could bring this with me in my bag or my purse. I have tried way better powders for the same price if not cheaper.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/30/2013 6:44:00 PM More reviews by lyrastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Typically with trans loose powders I like to really pat a lot into my skin because I need the extra oil absorption. I can't do that with this powder; it's true to being translucent but will impart some color, possibly changing the color of your foundation. (I'm wondering if maybe I just got the wrong color, even though the online guide told me which on to pick.) I do like how light and airy it feels, though.

I bought Translucent Medium and I find it comes off a little too pinky on my olive skin. Yet on the back of my hand, it looks quite yellowish. Therefore, I typically use this very lightly as a finishing powder, and in this way I cannot say what it does for oil absorption. (I will experiment more with this and post my findings another time...)

I don't mind the packaging and think it's pretty. I've also never broken the lid (I must be lucky) and use it as a dispensing dish with each use. (It would be nice if it was a screwtop lid.) This powder does contain glittery particles in it, but they don't really show up in an annoyingly hideous way. It looks nice.

Overall, I think this is a nice translucent colored powder that, at the very least, will work great as a finishing powder, or shine reducer on glorious bare skin. It's relatively cheap and worth the try, anyway.

UPDATE: I upped my rating for this. I did buy this in the lightest (Trans Fair) color and it works great with my faded tan winter skin. Don't use this for extra coverage but sets my foundation wonderfully. I love this drugstore powder.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/5/2013 9:56:00 AM More reviews by ningurl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I will not repurchase this. I ran out of loose powder (ie, spilled on the floor) the day of having to do a wedding party and quickly ran out to buy the next loose powder I could find. This was what I ended up getting.

I found that it did NOT hold up to expectations. These were: a setting powder for concealor (it ended up gathering into creases and folds around eyes), it looked chalky for the photos (I bought light colour since all the ladies were light-medium Caucasians) and any bridesmaid that had oily skin was oily 3 hours later (and I even used a Benefits Porefection primer).

Price was great, packaging sucked (lid falls off to easily and product sifts to the top too easily too) and this got an overall 2 because it MAY be suitable for those with perfectly 'normal' skin types. But how many of us out there are in that category?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by bethgrace

The product is super soft which I love. It applies in a thin layer and it doesn't cake, even over top of foundation. I have oily skin and the powder manages to keep it under control throughout the day! The downsides are the smell of the product and the packaging. Awful. However, for 7 dollars you're getting a great quality powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2013 12:08:00 PM More reviews by MacLips123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Green

I have gotten the high end makeup products and i have bought the drug store products and this is by the far the best! Loose powder i have ever used. It actually kept my oil on my face under control ALL DAY long. This was my first time trying it out and although the smell is sorta bad i find that as soon as the product hits your face the smell goes away. This product does not break you out..The price was 7$ for me..Its wonderful all oily skin people buy it..It will help A LOT!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2013 10:07:00 AM More reviews by Lms526

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Grey

Prior to this, I have always used only pressed powder. My mom kept trying to get me to try a loose powder, but I always resisted. But after trying several loose powders that didn't really work for me or weren't anything special, I decided to give this a try. I am so glad I did. I don't like the little puff that comes with it, so I apply this with a brush instead.

I purchased this in translucent medium. When I first opened the package, I was worried that it would be thick and cakey. But it is not at all. It's very light and easy to apply. It is very sheer and you can barely see it once it is on your face. I like that a lot. I spent a lot of time trying to find a pressed powder to do that. The price is reasonable and a little bit goes a long way. Other reviewers mentioned a smell that is somewhat off-putting, but I have not noticed that at all.

The only thing I don't care for with this powder is the packaging. It is not always easy to get the powder out and it kind of flies all over the place. I usually end up with powder all over the sink and my arms. But that is very minor, so I can live with it. The things I like about this powder outnumber the one minor little negative. I have no idea why I didn't try using a loose powder sooner. I will definitely repurchase this product when I run out.

Edit 8-15-2014
I have one major complaint about this foundation. It is NOT translucent. I had this in medium, and was hoping it would be colorless over my foundation. It's not. It has a definite tint to it. It doesn't look horrible. Even though I did end up repurchasing this, I also ended up throwing it out. I decided to get the Maybelline Loose Powder instead. The light is a perfect match for my Maybelline Dream Matte Liquid Mousse foundation in Natural Beige. There are instructions on the back that makes it a snap to find the right shade. I plan on sticking with loose powder, but I'm pretty much done with this one.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/30/2013 8:50:00 PM More reviews by longhairlove4

This powder is amazing! When I put on foundation I feel so caked and heavy but after when I put this on it feels like I just washed my face. The packaging is very poor and when I first opened it spilled all over me. The smell isn't that bad, its like an old grandma smell but it goes away after 10 minutes.

Overall, even though its poorly packaged and smells bad, the pros out weigh the cons as it makes your face feel and look natural.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by JenJenofAz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Lid sucks! Anyway, just HAD to replace that hideous yellow stuff, that L.A. Colors calls "light" loose powder! YUCKO!!! This powder is just the right "light" color and it goes on smooth, lasting all day long! LOVIN' it so far! But, I don't get any sparkles or glitter at all! And, I guess I'm in the minority on that, as I sure wouldn't mind a bit of it! Oh, well! It works better than most loose powders, so I ain't complainin'! I don't use the puff that comes with this. I prefer a brush. Also, I get a slight Noxzema-like odor from this, but it isn't bad at all. I don't smell it at all once it's been applied. GREAT stuff!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2013 3:34:00 AM More reviews by lisapoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

Overall, this is very good bang for buck.
The powder is very translucent, and doesn't really add any colour at all, which is perfect for me. I use this to set my makeup as a final step after I have everything on. It really extends the wear of my makeup, if I use the powder I know it's going to last all day.
The only drawbacks are the scent, which smells like my grandma, but I find that it doesn't linger, and the package. The lid is very rigid, and brittle, cracks easily, which is a bummer if you want to pack this powder for travel. However, the base of the package works well. The powder comes out easily, and the powder puff it comes with is actually very usable.