Guerlain Les Voilettes Loose Powder

3.9

on 7/28/2010 3:18:00 AM

I love this powder! Used with guerlain parure extreme liq foundie, it makes my face glow subtly, with enough coverage too ! nose a lil shiny by noon but much better than the chanels, diors, macs, etc which i've tried!
i only hate the packaging (i'm an odd ball here..) - the gold is very tacky but then guerlain is sooo goldish.. and the sifter makes the powder abit messy. i wished the sifter can be smack tightly (made of plastic) than a make shift piece of thingy.
not portable at all. only on my vanity.
eta: powder is very fine, smells good. i'm using translucent 01. skin is usually clear so i prefer light make up. oily/combi- dry . best applied with a big fluffy dense brush - ecotools for me!

on 7/5/2008 6:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been my love for years. I loved everything about this powder - the fine quality, the shade (the lightest shade is my perfect match) and even the scent. It kept my skin looking fresh and matte, no breakouts, no color build-up.
The price is very high and that's the reason why I stopped buying it. I was going through the powder fairly quickly too which contributed to the high price issue. Probably I shouldn't have used the puff that comes with the powder (I think you waste too much powder this way, though the puff is actually very nice). Normally it's never been a problem with other loose powders (have been using my latest - Diorskin powder - for a couple of years already and the box is still nowhere near being empty).
I would definitely buy it again and I am sure I will! I have been missing the lovely smell for too long :-)

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I have been wearing powder since I was a teenager (twenty years ago!!!).. and for the majority of the time I have been an addict to Dior, Lancôme & Chanel (that are still ranking very high in my favourites list!!)
Just very recently I decided to test other brands. Sometime with deceiving results.
But Guerlain les Voilettes… first time I tried it was a full “WOW!!”. I just loved the texture;: it is so superbly, finely milled that you can clearly detect your fingerprint if you put the tip of your finger on the surface. And the big puff helps you in the application (although it is great with a brush, also): The colour (I have the neutral shade Transparent) is perfect; matifies but does not cake. And your face is like glowing, it gives you light without giving you colour or shimmer. Extremely elegant, understated finish! I was amazed when I first applied this!!
The scent is very peculiar: a persistent violet fragrance, that is nicely addictive at the end (at first it was somehow ‘weird’) & some people may find this disturbing. It’s expensive (37 Euros..) but the content (30grams), the luxurious packaging (a rounded, pebble-like shaped golden plated case& matching golden box) and the quality well deserve such a price.
It’s an excellent powder, and has very high potential to become one of my HG’s!!!

on 1/25/2008 2:52:00 PM

hello.....
at first sorry i am not so good in english languge
really pure thanx 4 tht useful and great website
i felt as if i have a duty to share my experience
i buy this powder guerlain les voilettes loose powder 4 45$
i choose the colour pearl
it is the most bad loose powder in world
it caused me to break out from the first day but may be the foundation it caused tht at any rate the foundation was guerlain divinora
but i am sure tht the powder>>>>it is like hell and chalky looking
and the colour so bored
and the most thing is tht loose powder old fashioned product at 1989 it is old line
i will never buy guerlain any more......

on 7/15/2007 2:25:00 AM

I got this in shade #5 Lavender as well, but I really like it. at first I was afraid I would end up with a purple face but the colour does not show at all. This shade could be good for really pale skin I think. Huge container, my only gripe is that the sifter still spills out too much product, at least at first when there is a lot of product. The powder deposits a subtle sparkle (much finer and less glittery than the Meteorites), and of course has that delightful Guerlain violet scent. I am keen to try this in the transperente and perlee shades as well! would definitely but again. Not for those who really like a true matte finish.

on 7/10/2007 3:35:00 AM

I bought mine off StrawberryNet and got the purple coloured loose powder hoping it will add radiance to my skin. Nope. It has no effect whatsoever. No radiance, no glow, no look-like-i-have-good-skin no nothing. =( was supremely disappointed.

on 3/4/2007 1:09:00 PM

It's light texture. Go on beautiful and smell great. And not to forget it comes in a beautiful package. I wonder if that was why I bought it to begin with :)

It's not cheap but it is plenty and lasts a long time.

on 1/1/2007 4:04:00 AM

i'll ve to admit that i got this loose powder in the 1st place all because of the v.glamourous packaging! i was attracted to the gold casing it came in straight away!n it was reali soft to touch..and its alot! 30g! that's alot and it has lasted me for a year alrdy..so i don reali find the price expensive..got it at sgd$70. there's also a sifter that comes with it so u can determine the amt u need so u wun 'waste' it..im using 01 transparente.
However i din reali like it in a way cos it kinda of oxidise very fast, but it does cntrl shine in a way so it wasnt too bad doesnt dry out the dry areas of my cheeks too..coverage is very light too for a natural look..i don tink i will repurchase it as i wanna try other brands too. but over all nt too bad a loose powder.

on 10/17/2006 6:40:00 AM

I repurchased this powder many times in the past, and I think it's a very good quality product. For me (dry skin) it controls shine quite well, and sets makeup nicely. Now I switched to cle de peau loose powder, which is fantastic, but after using it up, I think I will buy guerlain powder again. CdP is more finely milled/ feels a tad lighter, but guerlain one is still nice/ better for controlling shine/ has a more convenient packaging to travel with.

on 6/26/2006 3:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I LOVE this powder, I've used it for YEARS! It's very light and gives a very natural result as it won't fully matify the skin. The shade "transluscent" is perfect, it doesn't change the shade of makeup. The delicate smell is just delicious - my husband likes to smell my cheeks after I've done my makeup! ;)

Recommended for Normal Skin