December 20, 2014 | 1592 users online

Loose Powders - Guerlain - Les Voilettes Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 6:43:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

This has been my love for years. I loved everything about this powder - the fine quality, the shade (the lightest shade is my perfect match) and even the scent. It kept my skin looking fresh and matte, no breakouts, no color build-up.
The price is very high and that's the reason why I stopped buying it. I was going through the powder fairly quickly too which contributed to the high price issue. Probably I shouldn't have used the puff that comes with the powder (I think you waste too much powder this way, though the puff is actually very nice). Normally it's never been a problem with other loose powders (have been using my latest - Diorskin powder - for a couple of years already and the box is still nowhere near being empty).
I would definitely buy it again and I am sure I will! I have been missing the lovely smell for too long :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/18/2008 11:40:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been wearing powder since I was a teenager (twenty years ago!!!).. and for the majority of the time I have been an addict to Dior, Lancôme & Chanel (that are still ranking very high in my favourites list!!)
Just very recently I decided to test other brands. Sometime with deceiving results.
But Guerlain les Voilettes… first time I tried it was a full “WOW!!”. I just loved the texture;: it is so superbly, finely milled that you can clearly detect your fingerprint if you put the tip of your finger on the surface. And the big puff helps you in the application (although it is great with a brush, also): The colour (I have the neutral shade Transparent) is perfect; matifies but does not cake. And your face is like glowing, it gives you light without giving you colour or shimmer. Extremely elegant, understated finish! I was amazed when I first applied this!!
The scent is very peculiar: a persistent violet fragrance, that is nicely addictive at the end (at first it was somehow ‘weird’) & some people may find this disturbing. It’s expensive (37 Euros..) but the content (30grams), the luxurious packaging (a rounded, pebble-like shaped golden plated case& matching golden box) and the quality well deserve such a price.
It’s an excellent powder, and has very high potential to become one of my HG’s!!!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2008 2:52:00 PM More reviews by vegasous

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

hello.....
at first sorry i am not so good in english languge
really pure thanx 4 tht useful and great website
i felt as if i have a duty to share my experience
i buy this powder guerlain les voilettes loose powder 4 45$
i choose the colour pearl
it is the most bad loose powder in world
it caused me to break out from the first day but may be the foundation it caused tht at any rate the foundation was guerlain divinora
but i am sure tht the powder>>>>it is like hell and chalky looking
and the colour so bored
and the most thing is tht loose powder old fashioned product at 1989 it is old line
i will never buy guerlain any more......

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2007 2:25:00 AM More reviews by rebdab

I got this in shade #5 Lavender as well, but I really like it. at first I was afraid I would end up with a purple face but the colour does not show at all. This shade could be good for really pale skin I think. Huge container, my only gripe is that the sifter still spills out too much product, at least at first when there is a lot of product. The powder deposits a subtle sparkle (much finer and less glittery than the Meteorites), and of course has that delightful Guerlain violet scent. I am keen to try this in the transperente and perlee shades as well! would definitely but again. Not for those who really like a true matte finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/10/2007 3:35:00 AM More reviews by otium2

I bought mine off StrawberryNet and got the purple coloured loose powder hoping it will add radiance to my skin. Nope. It has no effect whatsoever. No radiance, no glow, no look-like-i-have-good-skin no nothing. =( was supremely disappointed.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2007 1:09:00 PM More reviews by Kileybiz

It's light texture. Go on beautiful and smell great. And not to forget it comes in a beautiful package. I wonder if that was why I bought it to begin with :)

It's not cheap but it is plenty and lasts a long time.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/1/2007 4:04:00 AM More reviews by mscolor

i'll ve to admit that i got this loose powder in the 1st place all because of the v.glamourous packaging! i was attracted to the gold casing it came in straight away!n it was reali soft to touch..and its alot! 30g! that's alot and it has lasted me for a year alrdy..so i don reali find the price expensive..got it at sgd$70. there's also a sifter that comes with it so u can determine the amt u need so u wun 'waste' it..im using 01 transparente.
However i din reali like it in a way cos it kinda of oxidise very fast, but it does cntrl shine in a way so it wasnt too bad doesnt dry out the dry areas of my cheeks too..coverage is very light too for a natural look..i don tink i will repurchase it as i wanna try other brands too. but over all nt too bad a loose powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/17/2006 6:40:00 AM More reviews by frucht_tasche

I repurchased this powder many times in the past, and I think it's a very good quality product. For me (dry skin) it controls shine quite well, and sets makeup nicely. Now I switched to cle de peau loose powder, which is fantastic, but after using it up, I think I will buy guerlain powder again. CdP is more finely milled/ feels a tad lighter, but guerlain one is still nice/ better for controlling shine/ has a more convenient packaging to travel with.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/26/2006 3:08:00 PM More reviews by Hunnybum

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this powder, I've used it for YEARS! It's very light and gives a very natural result as it won't fully matify the skin. The shade "transluscent" is perfect, it doesn't change the shade of makeup. The delicate smell is just delicious - my husband likes to smell my cheeks after I've done my makeup! ;)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2006 2:11:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this in Ambree no:4,it's like it's not the perfect match for me when I look from the outside but when I wear it,it's like the powder adapts itself to my coloring.That's not a miracle tho,the answer is the quality!This loose powder is so finely produced that you don't even feel that you have powder on your face.A little goes a long way as a finishing powder for touch ups.I love the divine smell,and the HUGE compact as well.It's too big to take it with me but it looks like a gem on my vanity.