April 17, 2014 | 1757 users online

Concealers - Giorgio Armani - high precision retouch

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2013 1:46:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wish this wasn't so damn awesome. I really wish the colour wasn't such a good match, that it didn't resist setting into the lines under my eyes, or provide such silky and easily blendable coverage. Why do I wish this wasn't so good?

The price is ridiculous and you get an eeny-weeny tube.

Having said that, a little goes a very, very, very long way. I use the product that comes up on the shaft of the wand and that's usually enough to take care of both eyes and any blemishes or redness on my face. I've been using this for at least 6 months and I think I still have a lot left.

The formula is a thickish liquid, and is very pigmented. I dab a little where I need it, pat out to cover, leave for 20 seconds or so and then gently blend with a fingertip. The texture is great, not drying under my eyes, but stays put on pimples and on a broken vein on my nose on a hot day.

Although I'll moan about the price, I'll be re-buying this.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/15/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by henrieka

Sorely disappointed in this! At first, I loved it - it's lightWeight but still covers well. However: after catching a glimpse of myself in datlight, I realized this is glittermania! At first, I thought my e/s was the culprit, since the glitter was so visible - it almost looked like fall-out! Can't believe I shelled out somuvh $$$$ for glitter. Expected better from Armani! Much prefer Lancome Effacernes and ELs DW concealer.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/7/2013 3:20:00 PM More reviews by lilme1301

Honestly, after reading the reviews, I ran to SaksFifth to buy this bad boy. I think having my expectations so high is what makes me "eh" about this product. It's okay, but nothing extraordinaire. Save yourself the big bucks you have to fork over and invest in another concealer. Meanwhile, I'm back on the hunt.

***UPDATE***
After viewing a youtube review on this product, I learned the best way to use this concealer is by blending it in with your fingertips versus a brush or a sponge. I thought I'd try it out, and voilà! it blended in a whole lot better and offered a considerable amount of coverage than when I used a concealer brush. So although I do still stand by the product being over-priced, I did have to change my overall rating, and the product isn't as "eh" as I originally thought. :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 11/21/2012 7:41:00 PM More reviews by dilayla

Well my favourite concealer is loeral true match concealer. but they don't have any colour, that matches my nc 30 skintone. so I had to look for another concealer.

So I found Armani high precision retouch and I must say, that it's quite good. I wish it would have more coverage and be less drying. nevertheless it's my second favourite concealer and the colour 3,5 matches my nc 30 skintone perfectly.Mix the colour of armani 3,5 and the consistency of loreal true match concealer and you have the HG concealer :-)

If I don't find a better concealer, I would buy this again, because the colour is perfect for me.

the packaging could be better. the concealer gets a bit messy after a couple of use.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 7:47:00 AM More reviews by tiffy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This light weight conceal provides pretty good coverage and glides smooth on the skin. I mix a dark and light concealor for undereye area plus use this for cover any pigmentation on the cheekbones. Do not use this as a zit concealor – it'll break out my skin in acne prone areas. I use this sparingly over the eye and cheekbone areas. Does a great job and provides the right coverage.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2012 12:46:00 AM More reviews by outdoorsgal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I just got this product so I'm still road testing it, therefore this review is tentative.
I applied the GA Skin high precision this morning and I liked the smooth finish it gave me. (I have to be careful of concealers that don't blend properly or settle into the lines after application) I apply a bit of product on the back of my hand and then tap it under my eyes. It's easy to layer for more coverage.
Now after nearly 12 hours, it still looks great without fading or creasing. (a good undereye cream helps; I use BB Extra repair eye cream)
I'm hoping it will continue to work for me. My only gripe is the price tag and the small amount of product you get.
For reference, I'm a NC30/C3, Asian with light to medium skin tones and the #4 is the shade I use. The SA tried the 3.5 and it looked good too but the #4 looked more natural.
EDIT: I've been using this product for about a month now and I'm sold! This concealer is heavenly to apply and blends so well. Plus, no caking or creasing after a long day. (as mentioned previously, a good eye cream is essential as a base before applying any concealer)
There is a wee bit of shimmer but I don't mind and in fact, I rather like the effect. It gives me a nice youthful glow.
Now having raved about this product, if I find something that works just as well for less money, I'll get it. I still think the price tag is exorbitant.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/20/2012 7:39:00 AM More reviews by dianaish

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This concealer has completely blown me away. Even at 46 yrs of age I am a less is more kind of girl. While there is some darkness and fine lines under eye, I do not believe in lengthy concealer procedures.Excessive use of Concealer brushes, even fingers under the thinnest skin on one's face just doesn't seem like a great idea. I will never mess around with layers of color-correcter things, then foundation, then concealer. That seems like overkill, IMO.

That said, pretty much the only thing I have used in the last 10 yrs has been YSL Eclat. Still a very good brightener, illuminator. I will probably keep that in my arsenal as well. But the extra darkness I notice of late has bothered me so I went hunting and testing.

But this here little tube is a GODSEND for literally removing the dark. I don't use the applicater- I gently tap with ring finger only from inner corner to about a third of the way out. No settling in fine lines. They got this just right! The perfect balance of moisture and coverage for a very tricky area. I am Nc 42-44 and am loving this in 3.5. Makes for a seamless non-made up look with my favorite foundations and for real natural days works well with just foundation primer. This is definitely worth checking out!

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/14/2012 4:37:00 PM More reviews by kisa321

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I....really didn't like this. I had such high hopes...but really....this did nothing for me.
-the coverage was not good at all. my dark circles showed right through this concealer.
-the concealer is very liquidy and kind of shiny, which has a way of making my bags look even worse.
-I have trouble getting this concealer to go where I want it to because the liquid builds up too much on the applicator, and this concealer is just overall really hard to apply.
-It's very good at not looking cakey, but that's just because it's not thick enough to even cover the dark circles in the first place.

I am just so confused right now. I don't understand why a product with such amazing reviews worked so crappily for me....

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2012 3:35:00 AM More reviews by IsraelSP21

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm a guy, and this concealer is the ONLY one I know that looks like skin and removes dark circles at the same time. So far no one has been able to tell I have makeup on, and the product is VERY effective in removing my undereye circles. It leaves my eyes look bright and beautifull. I'm very happy with this product! I love it! THANKS MUA

9 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2012 8:35:00 PM More reviews by LUVrascal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm so sold on this! I've been a die hard Cle de Peau concealer fan ever since I first tried it a few years ago but this really outshines the CdP, especially for dark circles. Seriously, my under eye area looks flawless and even on my best day I've never said that. It just blows my mind. My dark circles aren't extreme but because I'm so pale they really stand out and it's enough to bother me. I have pretty bad allergies and chronic insomnia... so these circles aren't going anywhere. The CdP does a good job but the thicker, creamy texture just doesn't compare to the beautifully thin, silky consistency of this one. It blends in like a dream and it only takes me a few seconds to tap it into place. I worked a lot more at warming up and blending the CdP and now I've shaved off so much time. Awhile ago I had tested this on my hand and couldn't figure out why everyone loved it so much. I think the color range looked odd to me and so I just forgot about it. But I received a sample after my last GA purchase and I was floored at how amazing it was and I ended up buying it the next day.

No. 1 works perfectly on me and matches my skin tone well. For reference I'm Ivory in CdP concealer, No. 2 in Armani LSF, Porcelain in Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer, 200 in MUFE Duo Mat Powder Foundation. I love the hint of shimmer or light reflecting particles. Whatever you want to call it-- it's gorgeous, subtle, and brightening. I'm leery of shimmer for under eye concealers but this is very refined and doesn't look like "shimmer" in the traditional sense of the word. The thin texture reminds me of foundation but it does conceal well and it stays put more so than a thin foundation. It has a nice silicone type of slip to it that's easy to work with but that doesn't disappear by the end of the day. I wouldn't call this a heavy duty concealer but for under eye circles I think it's amazing. For me it's better than the CdP, better than YSL Touche Eclat, better than LM Secret Camouflage. I don't have blemishes or spots so I can't attest to its powers for concealing anything like that.

I dab a little to the back of my hand and then use either my fingers or a concealer brush to apply it rather than using the tiny brush directly on my face. It melts into my skin in a few seconds and feels comfortable. A tiny bit goes a really long way, especially given how thin this is, so don't be put off by the small tube. Packaging is a sleek tube with a transparent strip down the center so you can see the amount of product inside. No discernible scent and no irritation on my sensitive skin and eye area.

It's nice not to feel self-concious about my dark circles anymore. I can't recommend this enough! It's an absolute love for me.

14 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No