Stila Poppy Convertible Color

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil, Lanolin Oil, Beeswax\Cera Alba\Cire D'abeille, Microcrystalline Wax \Cera Microcristallina\Cire Microcrystalline, Octyldodecanol, Phenyl Trimethicone, Ozokerite, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Isononyl Isononanoate, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, BHT. /- Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 Lake (CI 45410), Red 30 Lake (CI 73360), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Red 34 Lake (CI 15880), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985)

on 1/29/2012 3:52:00 PM

Pale girls! You should give this a try! It's gorgeous on pale skin (I'm about NC10-15). A nice, healthy, youthful flush (sparingly applied of course). I love the consistency. I use it on my lips too, sometimes. I love the little compact it comes in. Cute concept, and an effective product. Apply over cream foundation or TM for best results. Looks far more natural to me than powder blush. I have a collection of HE cream blushes and this is one of my favorites.

on 10/4/2011 12:24:00 AM

I bought this color specifically for when I want to wear a red lip. I feel like when I go red with my lips, my face easily looks washed out, and I really wanted a cheek color that complimented the red lips without looking over done. Poppy was the perfect solution.

The only downside, I've found, to the Stila CC's, is that they're hard to blend (for me, anyway). I've found the best method with a small duo-fiber cheek or highlighter brush with a stippeling motion. If I use my fingers, it ends up being a huge mess of my cheeks, but the duo fiber brushes seem to work okay (it does take a bit of time, for me, to get it right, though).

However, the color is gorgeous and buildable. Poppy gives you the pretties flush on your cheeks, and it's perfect for balancing out a red lip. I mean, you can wear it with any kind of make-up, and it still looks amazing - I just tend to reach for this the most when I have a red lip on. It also has a lot of staying power. I never feel like it fades during the day (I can't attest to wear of more than 8-ish hours, though).

Overall, really like this product.

on 7/29/2011 7:27:00 PM

This color is a pure, cool, non-shimmery red that works on my cheeks and lips to provide a flush-from-within look. The texture is dense and somewhat dry, so the pigment adheres to lips well and doesn't look heavy when patted on.

The only downside with this product is that if you apply it to your cheeks over foundation, it can take a bit of rubbing and blending, which means some of your foundation may get smeared about. This doesn't bother me because the results look fine, but this method may make rosacea or acne look more evident.

The packaging is lovely. Compact and complete with a little mirror. However, I also have Peony, and the clasp came loose on that compact, so I'm not sure how sturdy the CCs are in general.

on 7/28/2011 10:10:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

Stila Poppy Convertible Color is the only cosmetic I can think of that I have used to the end and have bought more than once. It's great for women who prefer a minimal makeup as the product can be used on both the lips and cheeks. Occasionally, I'll apply a touch to the area under my brows, but it's not specifically made for application to the eyes so people with sensitivities should not try that. It is odorless, which for me is very important in my evaluation of cosmetics.

Poppy is a rich color that works well with my complexion, which is four or five shades darker than olive. (MakeupAlley Editors: The "Dark" category is far too narrow. Do you have any idea how many shades there are beyond olive?). The product is creamy and easy to apply with my fingers. A little goes a long way. I apply it on the run all the time.

I usually designate one half of the cake for my lips and the other for my cheeks for sanitary reasons.

It comes in a pressed metal compact that has an Art Nouveau feel. There's a mirror inside.

on 5/17/2011 4:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am a fan of these Stila Convertible Color blushes. I have oily skin and cream blushes really aren't suitable for oily skin because they're usually too creamy and generally don't last too long. The texture of the convertible colors are a bit drier ( and a little harder to blend) so they are actually perfect for oily skinned gals. Just be sure not to use too much and make sure to blend blend blend. And because the color range of these blushes are matte, I highly suggest you go over the blush with a illumminator/highlight( I highly suggest smashbox soft lights in shimmer), applied using a skunk brush. By doing this you will soften the harder edges of the blush and make the blush look like its coming within, as well as adding some glow. The color poppy is an amazing red that looks like it would be universal. Amazing on pale skin and tan skin(me NC40). Def try this out, it gives you a 'I'm cold,hold me kind of blush'=] This product will last a looong time too... unless you lose it. And do I even have to mention how cute the packaging is for all the convertible colors?? Each of the compacts are colored by the blush inside. Nice mirror too, I carry out with me for touch ups in general bc its so adorable!

This is my fave makeup of all. Have been using it happily for a few years. I have got a very good skin so I really don't need to wear anything other than a good healthy looking cheek and lip colour. I use this both on my lips and cheeks. At work I need a little bit of it to get a healthy flush. When I go out I layer so that I get the most mysterious and velvety red in a lipstick. It is incredible. I have never seen anything quite like it. I do find it fun to buy make up but this really is the only one I use every day. Just love love it. I have CC in fuschia, rose and petunia and they are good too. But Poppy is by far the best and the most feminine one. I just simply can't live without it.

on 1/29/2011 9:16:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Love it! I was afraid to try cream blush for so long because I thought it would break me out. I bought this on a whim with a gift card at Sephora, and I'm hooked! It hasn't upset my skin at all-- in fact, I think my skin likes it better than powder blush because it isn't drying. I use it on my cheeks every day. It's kind of pricey, but as others have noted, you barely need to use any, so I think my compact will last a long time.

I love how versatile it is. It's so easy to blend and layer, it's really like several different blushes. It just looks great, like my skin is glowing from within, not layered with pigment. I'm so impressed, I'll definitely be trying other Stila products.

on 1/19/2011 12:11:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Neutral

This is such a great product. If there is one thing I would bring when traveling, then it would be Stila Convertible in Poppy because it is so handy. It gives my cheek a nice flush and my lips a nice color. It compliments my NC35 skin. The price is just right for this product since you only need to put a little and just blend it out.

on 5/9/2010 6:08:00 PM

I bought this product a few days ago and have tried a few different ways of wearing it. Applying this after chapstick with my finger to my lips gives a great stain that isn't drying at all. The color is a very wearable coral-red...a color I thought I could never wear but it looks awesome! It does wear off after a few hours but no big deal, it doesn't dry my lips and reapplies well so I don't mind. As for using it as a blush, it's tricky. The best way I found is to put it on your lips and then dot the excess onto your cheekbones. It can go on clown bright if you rub it all over so you have to be very careful to apply it lightly and only to the apples of your cheeks. It gives a nice bright pop of color that looks very fresh so I like it a lot! The container is a bit tough to open but at least it won't pop open and rub bright color all around my purse. I'm glad I bought this since I don't have another color even close to this already. Great!

on 5/4/2010 11:42:00 PM

I find it a little hard to blend this products just with my hands so I'd suggest a sponge. It gives my cheeks a flushed look like I just worked out, so I really like that. It looks great on lips as well, looks very natural.

Popular Blush Products