September 22, 2014 | 1854 users online

Fragrances - Victoria's Secret - Basic Instinct

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2008 3:10:00 PM More reviews by rena10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

love this...........all the men love this! a sex scent! love it, very very seductive on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/19/2008 10:01:00 PM More reviews by black55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Definitely not for me...Basic Instinct and Rapture are the two worst scents at VS. They are similar in that they are strong and smell old and cheap. I got a little bottle in a gift set and it is sitting on my dresser untouched next to Rapture and So In Love.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2008 10:04:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

REEEEEEKS! I work at Victoria's Secret and i'm glad we discontinued it. Suprisingly enough we still get inquiries about if its ever coming back from hard-core fans. I pray it doesn't.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/11/2008 12:06:00 PM More reviews by marshmello

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I just picked this up at the semi-annual sale and I must say it's not that bad. It's ultra-feminine with sexy floral notes. It smells very similar to one of my old (late 80's) drugstore favorites...Cachet. The crazy thing is, I've seen this on sale before but over looked it as I thought it was just your average run of the mill VS scent. After reading the reviews here, I decided to try it. I don't wear it too often but it's a keeper.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2007 9:08:00 PM More reviews by dmitchell15

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I saw this when it first came out from Victoria's Secret and i thought it stunk to high heaven. It smelled cheap. The only thing it had going for it was the fact that the bottle was pretty. I'm glad they discontinued this!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2007 12:27:00 PM More reviews by PincurlsNPearls

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I discovered Basic Instinct back in 2003 or so. I was in Chicago with a friend and we stopped in a Victoria's Secret on the "Magnificent Mile". After being disappointed by testing Chanel No.5 and other "high end" scents (either by the scents or their price) I was almost scented-out byt the time we got to the Victoria's Secret. I was pleasantly surprised that they were giving away a free mascara with the purchace of a bottle of "Basic Instinct". I needed a new mascara, so I went for it. There was no size specification on the purfume, so I bought the smallest bottle, which remindned be of a deep purple glass tube of lipstick with ridges running from top to bottom. I was so happy when I put the purfume on for the first time, it smelled deep and sexy. I'm not one to get into "notes" of scents. I just go by what it makes me feel like, and this one seemed sensual to me. I was so bummed this past year when I went in to Victoria's Secret to see if I could find it again (I was never much of a purfume person before, but now that I am in my mid 20's I tend to wear it daily) only to find that they no longer sell it. B-U M-M-E-R!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2007 3:09:00 PM More reviews by Chaosnmotion

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Although discontinued to me this was one of VS's most original and intriguing scents. It is a spicy oriental fragrance that is bold and very much for nighttime wear. I fell in love with it and am very disappointed to see that they have stopped selling it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2007 4:52:00 PM More reviews by BlackAmberMoon

This is great for those times when you want to cut loose and smell bold and sexy! I first smelled this a few weeks ago on a stranger and couldn't resist asking her what she was wearing. She broke a sly smile and said, "Basic Instinct. Isn't it great?". I was immediately drawn to it and knew I had to have a bottle. The opening is all plummy wine richness, then it morphs into a deep, seductive patchouli/vanilla heaven mingled with exotic florals. This is a love it or hate it fragrance. If you like to play it safe with perfume, this is not for you, but if you've got a wild woman inside that wants to come out and play, Basic Instinct would be a perfect partner in crime. I'm not a Victoria Secret fragrance fan, but they got it right with this one.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2007 10:32:00 AM More reviews by Ruby2003

My best friend wears this and it smells really great on her. She calls it her "Mancatching Scent"...Its too sweet for me, but still smells really good.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2007 9:59:00 PM More reviews by angellbing

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Black

I received a small bottle of this as a gift set. I wasn't crazy about the scent on me, but I usually don't like heavier scents to begin with. It's not that I didn't like the smell itself, I just wouldn't purchase this for myself because it's a bit too musky. Even a light spray of this gave me a bit of a headache, and I don't get scent-induced headaches very often.