The Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

3.4

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Water, Alcohol Denat., PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Polysorbate 20, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Limonene, t-Butyl Alcohol, Calophyllum Inophyllum Seed Oil, Citral, Leptospermum Petersonii (Lemon Tea Tree) Oil, Denatonium Benzoate, Tocopherol.

I just started using this product. I don't think it seems to be helping with cystic acne so far, but it got rid of a very unattractive whitehead around my nose in no time! I will repurchase.

on 1/15/2015 9:14:00 PM

I really like tea tree oil and find it does wonders for acne. This being said I would not recommend this tea tree oil. It worked decent but is definitely not worth the price. The bottle I got was tiny and way too much money. The best thing to do is to go to Costco and buy a 100ml bottle for less money and it comes with a book on how to use it and what to use it for.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I like it. I have hormonal adult acne, not so bad, but painful and all of the sudden breakouts. I bought my first bottle while having one of my worst breakouts EVER, with cystic acne on my jawline and neck. I rubbed it arround the zits with the help of a Qtip and let it sit overnight. Next morning all of the bigger zits had reduced about 45% their size and pretty much the redness was gone. It was amazing!! However, the product is quite drying and made my skin flaky arround the affected area

on 12/24/2014 1:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I used this a few months ago. The salesperson was a brilliant talker and I was such a sucker for things like that so I bought the entire 'travel package' sized Tea Tree products plus another additional cleanser (creamy something ... I forgot the name). Let me tell you something ... None of them work at all. They did nothing to my skin except worsened my acne probably. The tea tree oil is useless to me, maybe it works magic for some people, but not me. I feel like it only causes my acne to become even more irritated (actually I feel that all of the tea tree products from TBS makes my pimple more irritated). Definitely would not recommend this, it was too costly for something that doesn't works. I really wanted to work, but alas, the result was disappointing.

On a plus note, I really liked the smell of the tea tree products!

on 12/17/2014 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I went on a trip to Korea, and I lost my usual acne spot treatment. So I had to stop by the body shop to see if they had anything for acne. I came upon the tea tree oil and thought," hey, it's tea tree oil, it must work well!" SO WRONG. why? Well because :

1) it's only 15% tea tree oil, so I did not reap any benefits from this. It was so weak.

2) I did not see any results whatsoever. LIKE NONE. My zits actually just got worse, because the tea tree oil literally did nothing and I basically wasn't treating my acne.

3) the packaging is so stupid. When I try to get product out of the glass container, not enough comes out. When I try again, too much comes out, causing me to over use my product and waste money.

I was so excited to try a "natural product" but was left disappointed. If you ladies or gents are trying to use an all natural product that will get rid of your acne ASAP, I recommended buying 100% tea tree oil from your local health food store, or trader joes. It's much better and you'll see results right away. I'm only wishing I had done that, but they don't have many health food stores in Korea around me.

on 11/30/2014 3:35:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I was looking for something that contained 100% tea tree oil but eventually only this product was available at only 15% tea tree oil :(
And the price was just really way too expensive for such a tiny bottle and to be honest, I don't think it's worth it.

The first day I used it, it didn't really have much of an effect except it reduced redness a little. It didn't really help at all.

And as I continued using it for a couple of days, I've noticed tiny bumps starting to form and cystic acne a little, which I never usually get on a usual basis unless it's my time of the month.

So I'm going to discontinue using it since I'm really suspicous that it's this product that's causing my skin to act this way and I'll be using it if I want to reduce redness, other than that, this product is totally useless and just don't buy this at all. It'll probably save your money as well because this was such a waste :(

on 11/29/2014 3:09:00 PM

Been using this product for years now. Like 3 years? It really helps my acne/pimples alot. Incredible! I always use this on my acne & pimples at night and the next day? The bacterias inside the acne (or the pores idk) were reduced the next day i woke up! Sometimes when i use this, it sometimes has the effect and sometimes it doesnt. It cost about $18 in SG (expensive i know lol) Overall, a great product for acne :) p.s I do not recommend to use during daytime bc it can makes ur face oily so recommend to use at night !!! ;)

on 11/8/2014 11:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I bought this product as part of a kit that also contained a face wash, toner, and lotion. It was reasonably price. The packaging is fine. It can come out fast, but it's nothing too difficult to use. For some reason, I was convinced that this would work, so when my skin started to get the worse it has ever been after using this, it never crossed my mind that it could be this. But after my entire face was covered in acne, I finally realized that it had to be this. The day after I stopped using the line of products, my face started clearing up. I'm so disappointed. I had really high expectations and all it did was leave me with a ton of dark spots from the acne it gave me.

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

WOW.

My sister gave me a bit of this stuff to use on my pimples last night. I shrugged and thought, why not? Chance to try something new. Dabbed it on all my spots and went to bed, not really expecting anything.

Next morning my face is visibly clearer and smoother. I was so shocked. This thing is magic! A little really does go a long way, and $10 for a tiny bottle may seem really expensive, but it really works. I banished an angry red pimple to a barely noticable, and flatter one in one day. Within two - three days, there's hardly a trace of it.

The smell is really strong though. I dabbed a little on my chest acne and the smell wafted up to my nose and I could definitely still smell it an hour later. That doesn't matter to me, I personally love the smell. Very rich and warm. Maybe i'm just an oddity on that as it seems other reviewers hate the smell!

on 10/8/2014 6:11:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I have %100 pure tea tree oil at home, but i never been able to use it on my skin because it has a very strong scent and i was afraid it would dry and irritate my skin. I also didn't know what to dilute it with so it was just sitting there.

Then i came across this one. It has only %15 TTO in it so it doesn't smell as overpowering as the pure stuff. I also like how fast it absorbs into my skin without leaving a residue behind. This makes it very easy to apply day and night, under makeup or moisturizer. I massage a drop of it on my problem areas until it sinks into my skin, which takes seconds.

I recently broke out on the right side of my jaw and i think this product helped reduce the bumps and inflammation. Most of the blemishes dried out and i need less foundation to cover the area.

Popular Treatments (Face)