Versace Crystal Noir

LOVE LOVE it.
Very seductive scent for a night out!!

This is one of my favourite perfumes. I bought this whilst on holiday after spraying it in the duty free lounge at the airport. Don't both with the EDT and just pay a little extra for the EDP. The scent is beautiful, really classy, fruity and dark, with a hint of musky jasmine. I can smell this on myself when I wear it which I love and it remains on my clothes which I love to. The only downside to this perfume is the bottle, its a square shape with this enormous top which I tend to throwaway because is so unpractical. I can smell someone when they are wearing this perfume and I constantly receive compliments when I wear it. My husband very much loves this when I wear it too which I always think is a good sign that it must smell nice. I would definitely buy this perfume again but would probably only buy at the airport because the Versace name bumps the price up. Well worth a punt though!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

A white floral with lots of milky sweet sugar, coconut, and a hint of ginger spices, and a creamy vanilla woods and powder dry-down. Reminds me of French Macaroon Cake and ginger biscuits at Grandmas with a glass of milk and a bowl of sweet peas on the table. A nice heady sweet floral for an evening out, but I do find the Gardenia very rubbery and synthetic, it sticks out and is irritating.

Top Notes - Ginger, Cardamom, Pepper
Mid Notes - African Orange Flower, Gardenia, Peony, Coconut
Base Notes - Musk, Sandalwood, Amber

Excellent! Brilliant! The best Versace's perfume. When I smelled my wrist, my head almost snapped back. Whoa! What a stench!. It is so warm and sensual. This is my newest "just-fell-in-love" fragrance. <3 <3 <3 <3

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

This is for the EDT. "Thunderstorm" was my first impression. Smells heavy & ominous, like a big thundercloud approaching. Dark clouds, heavy atmosphere, oppressive, brooding. Like a heavy blanket. Really cloying. It's strong and overtakes everything.

This smells dark & rich -- and also very woody -- and heavily musky. It's smoky, sultry, ambery, woody, kind of winey/boozy, and really musky.

Notes, per parfumo.net (2004):

Aldehydes, Amber, Gardenia, Grapefruit, Cherry, Coconut, Orange blossom, Tuberose

Contains a lot of white florals (gardenia, orange blossom, tuberose), which I'm not a fan of (they give me a headache) plus fruits, coconut, & amber -- but to me it dries down to a mostly smoky sultry amber-sandalwood musk -- mixed with a rich strong red wine note.

It's extremely heady to me -- and thick and rich -- the scent just spreads through the air -- really diffuses everywhere. Monster throw. Thick & dark & heavy & oozy & wine-like & blanketing. Sultry, for sure.

It's just too strong, rich, and heady for me, sorry. Crystal Noir has legions of fans, and I've tried to become one of them, but I can't. A single tiny spritz is very strong, gives me a headache, and lasts on my skin overnight and even through a shower the next morning. It has *extremely* outstanding staying power -- very tenacious!

For me, in spite of the amber, fruits, & coconut, it's just too white-floral -- too strong, too heady, tending to headache-inducing, even a tiny spritz of the EDT. Granted, it is a very beautiful and sultry scent, and I can understand why so many love it.

*le sigh* This is my signature scent. I've worn Crystal Noir for the past two years and I adore everything about it. Winter, spring, summer...doesn't matter. It's spicy and warm yet sweet and mysterious. An utterly delicious, magnificent scent. I get compliments every time I wear this, sometimes by the same few people day after day. It's like they can't help themselves. I've had women follow me around in stores to ask what I'm wearing.

It lasts a very long time, but it's not overwhelming. About 8-10 hours, and I can even smell it on my clothes a week later. Sillage is fantastic, too.

Crystal Noir is romantic and mysterious. I'd recommend everyone try it, especially for a first date. Best part is, since it's not a new scent, the price for a 3.4 oz. bottle is very reasonable.

I forgot to add that all the above is referring to the EDT. I've never tried the EDP and I'm not sure I care to. EDT is utter perfection.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Overall, scent is amazing. I can smell the pepper and gardenia most throughout the day. The initial coconut dries down after the hour.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have been a fragrance freak for over 20 years and I have never come across something this different.

It's spicy and sweet but NOT overwhelming like some can be. It's gardenia at its finest and coconut. First spray I get the gardenia and peony mostly and some spice. After an hour it turns into something very unique on me. I get the coconut, musk, gardenia, spices, amber, and ginger. The spiciness in here is different. It's cardamon and ginger with a hint of pepper.

This is a very sexy, grown-woman, she-knows-what-she-wants fragrance. Very nice and worth the money! The bottle is so pretty as well. A dark smoky color with a diamond as the top.

I haven't actually worn this yet but I have a sample on a card and I've been smelling it for days. I'm looking for a warm, winter-type fragrance and I believe I've found it. I'm not looking for a "dark" scent, particularly, just a strong warmer fragrance. I'm not sure how to describe this scent except to say that I don't smell the coconut that so many people have mentioned. I hope this does the trick for me. I have ordered it from Macy's--that's the best way to the gift sets left over from the holidays.

I was at the store today and I sprayed Crystal Noir on my skin (vs. just smelling it on a card) and all I can say, it's SO much better on me! It's divine! I cannot stop smelling my wrist. All the way home, I kept saying, "OMG!". This means I have finally found my Signature Scent after looking for almost 5 months. This is my take: It opens with a "plum smell". Then it settles down to a light musky delight. I don't consider this a heavy scent. I was looking for something for winter however I have found something I'm going to wear the year around. I cannot wait for UPS to bring my package!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Eh, I thought I would like this because everyone kept on talking about the coconut note. While I can tell there is some coconut in it, the gardenia and the pepper overblasts the subtleness of the coconut. The drydown for me is really powdery and soft but not something I necessary think smells amazing. Overall I am glad I got to try this so now I don't have to obsess about having it.

Popular Fragrances