July 29, 2014 | 2156 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Matte - Kinda Sexy

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by Nurhidayah

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I am NC30 and this is a perfect nude lipstick for me! I love matte lipsticks but this lipstick is not as drying as some other Mac matte lipsticks that I tried. Just use a balm underneath though just in case. You do not want those crusty lips! It is like a beige pinky lipstick. Sometimes I do feel that this has a touch of peach to it but not a lot.

Like all other Mac lipsticks, this is pigmented. No complaints about this lipstick except that this could be drying after about 2 or 3 hours of use. I al

Half way done with this lipstick and I will not repurchase this because I want to try other colours from Mac. I usually do not repurchase my lipsticks because there are tons of colours out there from other brands and they keep coming out with new ones every time! I like to explore lipstick shades and I am not restricted to only one. But I had a good experience with this lipstick nonetheless *thumbs up ;) Very good product

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2013 8:33:00 PM More reviews by auee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I agree with the reviewer below. This lipstick is a must for all NC35s! I'm not a big fan of lipstick, but this looks really good on me. I've received tons of compliments when wearing it! A bit drying, though.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2013 3:37:00 PM More reviews by Loissuzanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Omg I really really really love this lipstick, it's definitely my favorite nude lipstick ever! I'm a NC35 in MAC and this color looks great on my skin tone. I love the matte lipsticks it looks great and I don't know why but Kinda Sexy looks also a little moisturizing after you wore it over an hour! I really recommend this lipstick because I think it will look good on every skin tone!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2013 11:02:00 AM More reviews by Parisa909

Great lipstick, lovely nudeish pink for the girls that find Hue, Myth, Creme D'Nude etc to be too light on their skintone. I'm NC25 and it's just right! The colour is somewhere between pink and beige, and you get opacity with one swipe. The mattes are my favourite finish from MAC apart from the amplified cremes and satins. As you would expect it lasts for ages (even more so with prep + prime lip as a base), and fades to a nice, even stain. Prep your lips with balm beforehand though.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/18/2013 4:55:00 AM More reviews by Anera

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

So, I bought it on blind (online shopping) based on the reviews, online pictures and YouTube swatches. The color is pretty dark, especially on my light skin (Bourjois 52, Skin Base 06, Guerlain Parure 01/02). It looks like a brownish pink (more brown), and it is not a nice summer color (dark, serious, non playful, doesn't brighten my face). I don't think that the color is kinda sexy, but really "I am cranky, do what I don't like doing and I hate having fun". The color is intensive but dark. I doesn't make my face alive. BUT I think it looks gorgeous on dark(er) skin tones!! Wish I was darker - I would wear it all the time. Now, I just can't find a nice combo not to make me look older than I really am. If you look on the pictures (here, on MUA), the only true-to-color is the one with just the lipstick on in (no swatches). Comparing it with Maybelline "741 beige veloute silky beige" it has more brick-red, but the same intensity. I am kind of surprised that this is a bestseller color :) - it looks so demode.

The product is
- pigmented (one swipe --> opaque color),
- decent wear time (I used it once with Illamasqua's Scandal underneath it - to bring some color - so I can't vouch if the wearing time of MAC's Kinda Sexy is > 5 h. I was drinking from a glass, 2 hrs later, the color (Scandal+Kinda Sexy) looked untouched),
- non drying (vs. Inglot Matte vs. Illamasqua)

Wouldn't recommend nor buy it again. Recommend - darker skin tones, to those who are into brownish lipstick colors; buy it again - I'll buy a pink(er) lipstick from MAC.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2013 2:40:00 AM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Super impressed with this lipstick as it's an easy to wear pink rosy nude. The texture is creamy with opaque pigmentation, and the matte finish is long wearing. I can't believe I didn't buy this earlier, but glad I tried it now and will for sure be repurchasing it.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2013 2:50:00 PM More reviews by MadHattress

Amazing nude lipstick. my lips but better, LOVE IT.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2013 1:36:00 AM More reviews by CG1981

LOVE! I have forgotten about MAC for a while, then passed by, asked for an everyday neutral, SA recommended Creme Cup, which i wore and its nice and i still have. More light baby pink though and requires few more swipes to get look i want, I kept Creme Cup but went back for an everyday pinky beige again and SA suggested Sangria Spice, but alas, i got this. I dont think in my life ive ever finished a lipstick, they just sit, get used, get forgotten, get new stuff, and eventually get a smell and i toss, but ive had this two months and close to finishing??!!! ilove. Perfect matte pinky beige, of course ones natural lip color will effect end color but its good color (biggest + for me), decent lasting ability, and if i want to soften it can always use lip balm. I find i can also mix this under other lipsticks to good effect.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2013 11:52:00 PM More reviews by MonicainSoCal

I'm a NC40 for reference. I'm on my 3rd tube. It's my go to color for those days i want to keep it simple.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/9/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by yaya49

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was looking for a new everyday lipstick but It wasn't what I expected, online it looks more beige but it's actually a pinkish coral color, but even though it's not what I wanted it's a really cute color!