MAC Matte - Kinda Sexy

4.2

on 3/9/2015 11:28:00 AM

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

Kinda sexy is a beautiful deeper peachy nude color that looks beautiful on my light-medium asian skintone. The color, staying power and packing is awesome, just like any other Mac products. However, being a matte lipstick, this lipstick gets pretty drying and eventually sink in to accentuate all the little lines of my lips. So i have to use a good lip balm before applying this but I don't mind. Also, adding a gloss over the top will blend in the color and keep it less drying. But to some people that kind of defeats the whole purpose of a matte lipstick.

on 1/29/2015 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have pale skin and very vibrant copper hair so I sometimes struggle to find lipsticks that suit my hair colour and don't clash. First of I just want to say Kinda sexy is a gorgeous colour. What lets this lipstick down for me is the very dry matte finish of it. It looks beautiful when I first put it on but after about 3 hours of wear on me it starts to go sort of clumpy and patchy on my lips and I get the really gross white rim on the inside of my lips (which I don't get with any of my other lipsticks) and it just looks really quite disgusting after 2 or 3 hours of wear. If mac ever came out with a limited edition satin version of this I would buy 5 of them because as I said already I love love the colour of this and it looks amazing with copper hair! On me it is a peachy terracotta vintage nude. I ended up buying Mac's Half n half lipstick (amplified) as a replacement for this one because I just can't wear Kinda sexy due to the matte finish of it.

on 1/28/2015 2:06:00 PM

Oh wow, this is a really beautiful peachy nude that works best with fair-light to medium skin tones (any darker and it will look very washed out and concealery). It works great as a sexy nude lip with a hint of peach and it lasts a long time, althoguh being matte you should wear a tiny bit of lip balm and exfoliate before. It reminds me of Velvet teddy (brown based) and Faux (pink based) in that it is a light browny nude, except this lipstick is peach-based and great for yellow undertones.

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Other

Love this lipstick so much! It was the second lipstick I ever got from MAC and have been using it ever since, It's not nude to the fact where it's pale, it's kind of like a dark peachy colour, I don't really know how to explain, It lasts long on the lips too which is a plus. It's a matte finish so could make your lips a little dry if you don't use a balm before you apply it.

on 1/17/2015 1:02:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Oh my goodness I LOVE THIS COLOR!
It's different from the other nudes. It's a peachy pink color with brown in it which gives it the nice nude look.
I find other nudes like Faux which are slightly pink end up looking mauve and muddy on my very warm toned complexion.
Other MAC nudes tend to be too pink, brown, or mauve on me
I use a C30 in the studio fix powder its a very yellow/slightly olive color.
This color is perfect!
It's my lip color but better :)
I LOVE the formula too. It's a matte which is one of my faves. I don't find it drying at all.
I prefer matte, satin or amplified formulas cause they are the most pigmented and can easily be sheered down or have a gloss over if you want a wash of color or even a glossy look. They're most versatile

on 12/20/2014 12:28:00 PM

A beautiful color, love it!

on 12/20/2014 3:30:00 AM

I think it looks horrible on my lips. Bought it because it was looking quite nice on pictures - but on me it looks so dry, my lips look really "old". Its ok with a gloss on top, but i wouldnt buy it again.
My teeth look really yellow with this lipstick.

on 11/15/2014 4:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I have naturally tan skin and this was a non flattering nude. It also looked very dry. I might have as well put foundation on my lips.

Kinda Sexy was my favourite lipstick in summertime. I'm quite pale even in summer, and I loved the look it gave to my lips. It's a bit too peachy for winter for me, so I can't wait to use it again. Even if it's a matte shade, it's not very drying on the lips.

on 10/17/2014 11:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

I love this colour. Colour opacity is great! Super super long lasting. It's a peachy nude, and for my nc37 skin it doesn't wash me out at all. For a matte, not drying at all! I'm quite impressed. Short, sweet & to the point!

Popular Lipsticks