August 27, 2014 | 1750 users online

Treatments (Face) - Desert Essence - Dessert Essence Blemish Touch Stick

rated 2 of 5 on 6/14/2012 8:32:00 PM More reviews by heather3301

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I did not like this product. I took the rollerball off and just dipped q-tips directly into the liquid and dabbed the q-tip on my blemishes. I have pretty clear skin so this was for the occasional monthly spot, let me tell you, I have never had so many blemishes sprout up! I started with one, dapped the liquid on there a few times a day, the next day I had three, the next day I had 6, they kept multiplying! I obviously will never buy this product again but I caution future buyers to look for something else as I think it's overpriced and you have to go to the trouble of taking the rollerball off to keep it sterile. It does smell pretty good though.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:18:00 PM More reviews by kllerchic

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love this product! It speeds up the process to make pimples go away without drying your skin (unlike most other blemish creams!). Of course the fact that it is all natural makes this product that much greater too! I am not a fan of the roller, sometimes too much liquid comes out, so it helps out to put on your (clean) finger first, then transfer to your face. This product is great because you can also use it on bug bites.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/5/2011 1:55:00 AM More reviews by littleblackhearts

I personally, LOVE the smell (manly aftershave?).
It worked a bit, until I started breaking out (probably from the bacteria transferring into the roller).
I really don't see any other way of applying this, if you don't want to use the roller (Q-tips and cotton balls absorb the product before you can apply on your face).
It does tingle, which is rad.
Doesn't work on my mosquito bites (but the tingle counteracts a bit of the itching).
I like the packaging, in terms of the matte bottle, but NOT the roller thing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2011 4:36:00 PM More reviews by imergo

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A staple for drying up "wet" pimples (eww). I do go through it quickly when I use it, because it's most effective it you just keep dabbing it all day long, but it's worth it. I find the Desert Essence Natural Tea Tree Oil Facial Cleansing Pads to be almost the same formula, but this is slightly less irritating to my skin and is convenient to apply to small areas.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 1:04:00 AM More reviews by piecesofpurple

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Okay, I'm utterly confused at the positive ratings of this product. It has done absolutely nothing for my breakouts----the small, the big, the old, the developing ones, etc. It's essentially alcohol with essential oils added, which is why it will sting like crazy when you apply it over a recently squeezed or open wound. I knew this when I bought it, but from the stellar reviews, curiosity got the best of me. It doesn't do anything to help with pimples and honestly, pure rubbing alcohol will have the same benefit of this stuff. If you're concerned about the price, you can easily make your own product using with hazel, essential oils (not all that are listed, but maybe lavender, tea tree, rosemary, etc----be creative!) and just refill the little roller bottle as needed. Yes, the essential oils would be a bit pricey, but they'll last an incredibly long time and you get to make a product that works equally well and you can use the essential oils for so many other things (cleaning supplies, facial toner, add some to a cleanser, etc.). The quest for a good, natural spot treatment continues. I've done the DIY routine, but it's not strong enough for my pimples, but for those who have found success with this product, you may do very well with the DIY option.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2011 2:48:00 PM More reviews by darling20

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Very impressive stuff. I never would have purchased this otherwise had it not been for the good reviews on MUA...and I'm so glad I did! I have hormonal, acne-prone skin, and I was very skeptical that this tiny tube would work. I apply it every morning and every evening before moisturizing and it's helped treat and prevent blemishes! My skin has cleared up about 70% or more since I began using this a couple weeks ago. It's even improved years-old acne scars! I have been so impressed with it, I bought two backups. It has a wonderful scent to it, and the ingredients are completely safe and natural. Even my boyfriend loves this stuff, and he rarely gives a crap about anything "beauty" related. I bought mine on Vitacost for about half the retail price. Highly recommend!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2011 7:45:00 AM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This stick is effective but somewhat costly, around $10. Helps speed up the healing process of blemishes. I don't roll it on my skin directly, I apply it to clean fingertips and then dab finger on to blemish. I will continue to repurchase unless I find something better.
UPDATE: I have been using Bye Bye Blemish since I ran out of my last tube of Desert Essence Blemish Roll On Stick (tea tree). I have to say I like the way the Bye Bye Blemish is working so far (I use it at night), so I most likely will not buy DE again (although DE would be good for a day treatment when going out, since it's transparent).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/6/2011 10:53:00 AM More reviews by vapplegate9

I have been using these for 3 years- and I will never go back to another acne product again.

I use these following the daily cleansing face wash and you can feel it working. Open acne wounds dry over (yuck- sorry!) in a matter of 30 min to an hour, and speed up the total healing ten fold. It helps to avoid scars as well! These things are magic in a bottle and I will continue using them for YEARS to come.

This is the first review I've ever written on makeup alley, and the only reason I'm doing it is because I love these things soooo much. Only down side is that they are a bit on the pricey side (6-10$ a bottle), and they can be hard to find.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/28/2010 2:33:00 PM More reviews by geckowoman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is a HG product for me. It's a true miracle worker for any one that has blemishes. It is in a roll on like lip gloss glass tube. The product is clear and you can put it on over your makeup. It really works well and always gets rid of superficial blemishes in a day or two. It doesn't really work on cysts, but I would not expect it to. I go to the Derm for those. I keep one in my purse, in my desk drawer, one in my bathroom, one in my husband's bathroom and 2 for back up. The product is not drying and it's all natural. I gave one to my best friend and she could not believe more people didn't know about it. It's amazing!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2010 5:16:00 AM More reviews by husserl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I feel so bad about raining on the parade here because I just returned this product today. I wish it could have worked for me because there are so many nice things about it: it has a short ingredient list, it has pretty packaging (yes, I care about the pretties! Even if it is not the most hygienic...I just use cotton applicators on the rollerball), and, compared to other spot treatments, it is reasonably priced. I felt I could not go wrong with this product.

And, I suppose that is precisely it: I didn't go wrong with it but I didn't go "right" with it either. It did nothing to irritate my skin or cause breakouts. I didn't mind the smell, and it played well with my other skin care products and my makeup. Yet, I gave this a fair shot (4 weeks) it just did absolutely nothing to clear my persistent breakouts or any spots in particular. Perhaps I'm just not a person for whom tea tree oil is effective.

This is truly a bummer because I really wanted to find a nice, simple, effective product. The one upshot to all of this is that Whole Foods has a wonderful return policy and I felt like I got $8 free dollars (which I promptly spent on groceries). My skin may be in the pits but at least I am well-fed! If you can get this at a place with a good return policy, I would think that it is at least a good attempt because I have very particular skin and this did nothing to aggravate it. So perhaps for another person, the experience can only be a positive one.