April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Deodorants - LUSH - T'eo Deodorant

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2010 2:47:00 AM More reviews by Halloqueen

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I so wanted to like this...I've never had much luck with Lush products, but I'd never tried their deodorents....T'eo seemed a good choice..I'm allergic to alot of underarm products, and this didn't seem to have anything on my short list. Big mistake. First, it says to apply to dry skin...basically you rub this very rough, sandy bar with herbs in it across tender pits...then it crumbles like salt and you get herby bits all over. Then comes the unending itching and burning. This horrid thing cost me $10, along with a trip that took an hour plus. I really need to just STAY OUT of Lush. I know it has it's followers, and power to you all, but for me, it's a waste. Even if the products did perform, the price is so high, I'd think twice before buying.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2009 5:00:00 PM More reviews by flisalisan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This felt like sandpaper.. It ripped the skin and caused a lot of blemishes and small wounds. Maybe mine was just too dry or old? I've only used it a few times and when I do use it I have to use a little water so that it actually sticks on the skin and "melts" a little. And as some people have written, mine does not fall apart easily, it is rock hard. Wich is NOT a good thing.. And for deodorizing? No, it doesn't work. Sorry, Lush! I love you but your deodorants really sucks. (I've tried several)

rated 2 of 5 on 10/31/2008 9:25:00 AM More reviews by Ania_Wang

I like the scent of this deodarant, it's fresh and not too strong. It seems to work on me and control the bad smell. And it doesn't contain bad chemicals, is a big plus.
But the packaging is just too horrible
And it contains Sodium Bicarbonate, witch is irritating for skin(especially after shaving)!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/22/2008 3:22:00 AM More reviews by nemesis41

T'eo has this really nice, fresh citrussy scent. It's exactly what I'd like a deodorant to smell like. Unfortunately, it is not exactly how I want a deodorant to work. One's armpits must be sbsolutely dry before using T'eo, as it's basically a bar of compact powder, otherwise the bar gets a gross layer of hardened powder on top and doesn't work. It also has the potential to sting, especially after shaving (been there, done that). Too much bother for me, and it wasn't really all that effective.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 4/24/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by vampsandtramps

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Loved the smell of this and was excited to try a new kind of deodorant, since I never seem to be happy with anything. Well, this doesn't work, it falls apart easily and it does indeed, as other reviewers have noted, irritate your skin. I even tried not shaving under my arms one day and it still stung when I applied this. I didn't even think that skin would ever get irritated, after all I put it through. Luckily, I have found L'Occitane deodorant, which smells similar, and works wonderfully with no irritation!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/16/2007 8:40:00 AM More reviews by nata_lilie

Poor LUSH, they just can't seem to get packaging right. This powdery bar comes with a wax base to "hold on to" when applying but it falls of quite easily. As for the deodorant itself - WOW. It smells tea tree oil and limey freshness (like T for Toes), clean without being perfumey and I find it lasts most of the day. By the end of the day, the tea tree scent is faint but no B.O. either. I'm pretty sure the SA said there was baking soda in here to help absorb and remove odours and on this note: Using this after shaving is like rubbing salt in a wound - you just don't. I have never had problems with this stinging. Highly reccomend T'eo.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/19/2006 2:42:00 AM More reviews by sugarcoatedsaint

I don't use this personally but I just have to make a review for my husband. It's THE only deo that works for him. It lasts long and has that nice freshly showered clean scent. LUSH should think of a better way to make and package it. It's messy and it tends to crumble when it gets small. My husband never finishes one whole bar because of this. He starts a new one after using about half. 3 lippies (1 bar is $8) on the price and 4 on overall rating because it's impossible to consume the whole product because of the terrible packaging. For effectiveness, I give it a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/11/2006 9:25:00 AM More reviews by swirlygirl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this deodorant. I use it most days, only using an anti-perspirant when I think I might need it.

It smells lovely and does keep the stale sweat smell at bay.

I've had no problems with irritation at all. Simply follow the Lush instructions - pat on gently and then rub in with the fingers, and all is well.

My only complaint is that Lush don't make a tin for them and I hate keeping it in the open air in case it does get damp, and the bag they come in isn't really practical...

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2006 3:52:00 PM More reviews by ilima

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I loved the smell of this when I bought it- fresh and lemony. In the few months that have gone by, however, the tea tree oil has completely taken over and it's just a bit too medicinal for my taste. I haven't had the problem with underarm irritation that a lot of people have had, but I grate mine into a travel soap dish and pat it on with a powder puff. It's a pain, but it helps- rubbing it on armpits seems to be one of the things that makes it so irritating to a lot of people, as this bar does have a coarse texture. Overall, using this deo required way too much effort, so I wouldn't buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2005 4:48:00 PM More reviews by glowfishglow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the lemon scent! But it didn't work that well for me...I found that it would mask the BO for a while, but didn't stop it from coming back.

I'm glad I didn't get the burnng sensation most ppl got from these deordants. Edit: I did get that burning feeling! Beware of these lush deordants! hence the 2 lippies.

What's with the wax on the bottom? it kept on flaking off! It would be nice, if they had some sort of packaging for this thing...especally the price you pay for it...about $8 CDN.