Chantecaille Future Skin

3.8

2014 reformulation: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Titanium Dioxide, Cetyl Peg, Pentylene Glycol, Dimethicone, Butylene Glycol, Peg-400, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Silylate, Phenoxyethanol, Glycerin, Aluminum Hydroxide, Mica, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Chlorphenesin, Stearic Acid, Alcohol, Laminaria Saccharina Extract, Camellia Sinesis Leaf Extract, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Chamomilla Recutita Flower Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Natto Gum, Talc, Iron Oxides. Old formula: Water, Cyclomethicone, Butylene Glycol, Cetyl Dimethicone copolyol Dimethicone, PEG-350, Sodium Chloride, Silica Dimethyl Sillyate, Glycerin, Rosmarinus Officialis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Laminari Saccharina Extract, Natto Gum, Camellia Senesis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Extract, Arnica Montana Flower Extract, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben. May contain: Methicone, Stearic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxyde, Silica, Iron Oxides, Talc, Titanium Dioxide, Mica.

on 10/4/2014 7:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

I've been using Future Skin on and off for a while now. At first, I wasn't overly impressed. I felt the coverage was too light, although I don't need anything heavy, as my skin is usually clear. However, I do tend to have some redness in my cheeks, and this didn't seem to cover it.

I recently tried it again and found that I really do like it a lot. I've found the best way for me to apply is to do one light layer across my entire face, then if needed I go back and gently pat a little more over the redness. It still doesn't cover breakouts (or their resulting red spots afterward), but concealer does the trick. Ivory is a perfect match for me.

As for finish, it's dewy, but softly so. I have to set with powder in my t-zone to keep from shining by mid-day, but it's perfect on its own on my drier cheeks. Best of all, it doesn't completely fall apart on me as the day wears on...no slipping, pooling, or caking, all of which I've had trouble with in the past, even with high-end foundations.

Like others, I'd prefer a pump, but I can deal with it because this foundation is so comfortable, natural, and wears so well.

on 10/4/2014 4:34:00 AM

I am absolutely blown away by this foundation!
It's so incredible and my skin actually improved in condition after wearing this for a couple of weeks.

The coverage is completely customisable and it feels like skin care rather than makeup. It comes in a plastic pot and its a sort of creamy/gel like consistency. No scent.

I apply it with a buffing brush but use a stippling motion and it provides th perfect finish.

Yes it's very pricey. It will set you back $100 here in AU but you don't use a lot, so the pot will last you a long time.

Pros:

-coverage can be from sheer to full
-does not cake at all
-long wearing
-radiant,dewy finish
-doesn't look like you're wearing makeup
-does not cling to dry patches or make my t-zone shiny
-jam packed full of spring water and other great things for your skin

Cons:
- price - that is literally it.

on 8/17/2014 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Fine

This is my third jar. It lasts a long time as I only find a shade that suits me in summer when I'm vey tanned a nc44 I wear Banana.

The coverage of the foundation is great but a £60 it is expensive for what it does.

on 6/7/2014 7:48:00 PM

One of my favourite foundations. It is sheer to medium coverage but is build able for problem areas. It blends beautifully onto the skin and never looks cakey or heavy which is fantastic. Whilst the product is great, I have concerns with the packaging. It comes in a clear tub (?) not your usual pump or tube so I find it a little unhygienic. Other than that, it is a great product!

Update - I have taken off two lipsticks. It oxidises on me (one whole shade) and I cannot use it without mixing another foundation with it. I still like it for the finish that it provides but for the price that I paid, it better be perfect.

on 2/28/2014 1:49:00 AM

I really love this foundation. After trying many brands of foundation I have finally settled on this. It is a light to medium coverage that is easily build able and won't cake up.

The shade range is really good, I originally purchased this is porcelain as I am really fair, but even this was to light for me and I have gone down a shade to Alabaster and right now that shade is perfect. During winter I may have to go back to the original shade.

This sit's really nice on my skin and doesn't look like I am wearing makeup at all. It just evens out my skin tone and covers up my redness. It gives a slightly dewy finish and even once I have applied my setting powder over the top it still looks fresh and slightly dewy, which I really like.

This foundation feel's like you are not wearing anything at all on your face and does not rub off after a few hours. I have really sensitive skin that get's breakouts if I use a product that is to harsh, this has not caused any skin problems. I really like the pot it comes in as you can get every last bit of foundation out.

I would highly recommend this foundation for someone who is after a really nice natural glow to the skin.

on 2/9/2014 12:17:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I have been using this founation for several months. It is very expensive, but worth the price, in my opinion. This foundation feels like nothing once it is applied and is free of any fragrance. I also appreciate that this foundation does not have any SPF. The porcelain shade is a great match for my very fair skin. It provides a satin finish and light to medium coverage. It does not transfer onto clothing. It has not given me any clogs or pimples, either.

on 1/3/2014 7:40:00 PM

I rarely get a pimple anymore, after my acupuncturist cured my lifelong cystic acne. I was shocked to get a pimple the other day. I kept thinking to what I had done different, and realized I used my new Future Skin for the first time. I can only use it on my nose and bones right next to nose. The color match of alabaster is excellent.

on 11/11/2013 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

Wanted to love this foundation as the SA who was wearing it looked absolutely flawless. On me, it looked 'meh'. Looked way too cakey. Way too expensive for the result I got.

on 10/26/2013 7:26:00 PM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I was introduced to this product through a friend who works at Mecca a couple of years ago and cannot recommend it highly enough. I have brown skin and usually find it difficult to find a correct foundation shade without it looking too "clay-like". I use the product in Wheat, which is a beautiful shade.

The consistency of the liquid gel is perfect as it is not too oily but gives a satin finish that lasts all day. I usually use a touch of bronzer or a little bit of blush (powder) on top which seems to set the foundation.

Very expensive but definitely worth the price ...I use a very light amount everyday and a tub lasts for ages. I agree the packaging isn't ideal but if you have good hygiene practices it shouldn't be a problem.

Definitely recommend it, particularly if you have difficulty finding a good shade of brown!

on 10/19/2013 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I have the color Wheat and by far this is the best foundation I have ever used for my oily skin. It does not budge once applied and also does not transfer. It has a medium coverage and dries with a satin finish. You can build it up to a full coverage or use a wet sponge for a lighter coverage. This foundation has not broken me out till date. The only downside is that it comes in a pot which is a little mess and unhygienic too.

Popular Crème Foundations