December 19, 2014 | 1549 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2014 7:40:00 PM More reviews by Arpita1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rarely get a pimple anymore, after my acupuncturist cured my lifelong cystic acne. I was shocked to get a pimple the other day. I kept thinking to what I had done different, and realized I used my new Future Skin for the first time. I can only use it on my nose and bones right next to nose. The color match of alabaster is excellent.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Cath12

Wanted to love this foundation as the SA who was wearing it looked absolutely flawless. On me, it looked 'meh'. Looked way too cakey. Way too expensive for the result I got.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2013 7:26:00 PM More reviews by allyw

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was introduced to this product through a friend who works at Mecca a couple of years ago and cannot recommend it highly enough. I have brown skin and usually find it difficult to find a correct foundation shade without it looking too "clay-like". I use the product in Wheat, which is a beautiful shade.

The consistency of the liquid gel is perfect as it is not too oily but gives a satin finish that lasts all day. I usually use a touch of bronzer or a little bit of blush (powder) on top which seems to set the foundation.

Very expensive but definitely worth the price ...I use a very light amount everyday and a tub lasts for ages. I agree the packaging isn't ideal but if you have good hygiene practices it shouldn't be a problem.

Definitely recommend it, particularly if you have difficulty finding a good shade of brown!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 7:14:00 AM More reviews by r3shma

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have the color Wheat and by far this is the best foundation I have ever used for my oily skin. It does not budge once applied and also does not transfer. It has a medium coverage and dries with a satin finish. You can build it up to a full coverage or use a wet sponge for a lighter coverage. This foundation has not broken me out till date. The only downside is that it comes in a pot which is a little mess and unhygienic too.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2013 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Blomey

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After a couple of expensive mistakes in the foundation stakes recently I have just purchased Future Skin and am absolutely delighted! I have sensitive skin which is quite dry at the moment and after applying this foundation it looks fresh, even-toned and youthful.
The colour range is extensive which means you will find the right colour with ease. The lovely SA/MA at Mecca matched my colour to 'Cream' and it throws just the right amount of yellow tone to match my tone perfectly. When I told her I had had two mismatched colour experiences recently (too white) she astutely observed the previous SA's had probably been matching it too closely to my neck which is quite a bit lighter than my face, chest, arms etc... Good point ! 'Cream' still blends with my jawline seamlessly.
I agree with previous comments regarding the packaging - not thrilled about it being in a jar either but with good hygiene practices it should go the distance.
Anyway - yes this foundation is not cheap but if you want an excellent product with a comprehensive colour range, that will provide a lovely dewy youthful finish that lasts throughout the day - buy this and you won't be disappointed!
Definitely an HG for me!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/30/2013 7:44:00 AM More reviews by lala494

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wasn't looking for this product when I got it but the sales lady did her job really well and talked me into getting it, I do really love this. it is the first foundation I have actually found to match my skin tone and not make me oily. I really don't like to wear much make up, so this being sheer it goes on lightly and blends well. only thing I have found besides the super expensiveness is that is can make my nose pores a little more visible If I put too much on. I really love this but wont get it again just because it really is way too expensive.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I guess i'm the odd one out on this one. Contrary to so many, I actually love this foundation. This to me is HG status because it just feels so comfortable on my skin, colour (Alabaster for my NC 20 skintone) is perfect, texture is very soft/smooth/easy to blend, gives me a nice subtle dewy look, covers redness, and does not give me that cakey makeup-y look. I can't say anything bad about it except for the price which is some ridiculous amount of money. Regardless I love it and will continue to buy because it is very natual looking and sort of like a tinted moisturizer except with a tad bit more coverage and pigment. I have gotten compliments from strangers whenever i wore this foundation. The main compliment being that i look really fresh and radiant. I hardly loved any foundations since my Chanel Teint Innocent but since that is discontinued I'm extremely happy to find this one. My new HG foundation!!!

For reference, I have normal/combination skin (oilier in the summer, and drier in the winter). I can wear this foundation all year round. In summer I only use a serum, sunscreen and this; and in the winter, I use my L'Occitane Divine Cream or BB Extra Cream, sunscreen, and this. Applies beautifully and lasts all day for me.

EDIT (January 2014): This started to feel sticky which is very absurd. Maybe the product went bad? I don't know but for an expensive product as such I would expect quality and this totally deterred me from buying it again as I had to throw out my 1/4 full jar. Colour also became more pinkish on me and didn't suit me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great if you have flawless skin and like to waste huge amounts of money. I have been using this foundation for 3 years but recently switched to Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet +. It really made me realise how much time and money I had wasted. Future skin is extremely sheer and does not cover imperfections unless you build it up, which you won't really want to do since the product costs as much as a pot of gold. If you use concealer on top, it takes away from that natural skin look the foundation gives you. I initially bought this because I used to be so pale that no brands made makeup which matched me. This was also before I had severe acne and scarring. This foundation looks pretty bad in photos, has no lasting power and emphasises imperfections after about 4 hours wear. My skin becomes oily around 2 hours after application - I live in Australia so it is generally humid. If I blot it just removes colour, makes my pores very noticeable but I still look oily because the oil is UNDER the foundation. Although you can build this up it never covers that well. The packaging is pretty impractical but it IS durable. One pot of this can last me from 3 to 5 months. Another plus is that you don't have to blend this and it NEVER looks like a mask. Despite this, I would not really recommend this to anybody.

7 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by chezzarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin:Acne prone, deep scarring oily skin: In short horrible skin and am only getting medical help now which is a completely different issue.

As an Indian Asian I find it extremely difficult to find a foundation and hence have always been a MAC girl. However, I've always known that MAC isn't the best foundation as it always oxidizes and I turn orange but still found it difficult to stray away.

After years of wearing different products I find that there is no 'perfect' foundation. You have to make a decision based on what you want. For me that's not wanting to look orange and oily.

I got banana (I'm NC 44) colour and when she first applied it I was not impressed but told me to wait for it to settle and I was amazed. It looked so natural on my face, and gave me a dewy glow. I have severe acne scarring and I'll be honest it doesn't give great coverage but if you have a decent concealer it's all good and its a buildable foundation, though I don't like doing that since its so pricey. This foundation made me realise how 'made-up' I must have been looking all this time because my MAC concealer that I whipped out for the SA to try on looked so orange and did not match me at all.

After I bought it (I wanted the loose powder as well which is amazeballs btw but didn't have the money) I initially regretted it as over the next few days as I looked so oily but then I didn't factor in that it was extremely hot and I wasn't using any primer.

But then I started using my primer and a different concealer and hey presto I looked so much different to the point that my boyfriend actually commented on how nice I looked even though he didn't know I was wearing different make up, and friends have told me that my skin looks much better. Another good thing about this make up is that I don't look dark or a different colour which makes me think that the product doesn't oxidise too much which is a bonus.

The key to good foundation is having products that compliment you, for example the SA did not try and sell me the matching concealer because she knew it wasn't as a good product. If you want something with heavy coverage this isn't for you.

The thing that I hate about this product is that its so expensive and the packaging is terrible, worse than drugstore packaging to be quite frank.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40 and Wheat matches me best. Overall, this is a nice foundation. The problem is, at this price point I expect a helluva lot more than "nice". It goes on very smoothly (especially with the Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush) and looks extremely natural. My skin is normal-to-dryish but I got a tad bit shiny on my forehead and nose. It's a nice foundation but it doesn't beat Tom Ford Traceless liquid foundation.