September 16, 2014 | 1897 users online

Crème - Chantecaille - Future Skin

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/16/2013 11:03:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I guess i'm the odd one out on this one. Contrary to so many, I actually love this foundation. This to me is HG status because it just feels so comfortable on my skin, colour (Alabaster for my NC 20 skintone) is perfect, texture is very soft/smooth/easy to blend, gives me a nice subtle dewy look, covers redness, and does not give me that cakey makeup-y look. I can't say anything bad about it except for the price which is some ridiculous amount of money. Regardless I love it and will continue to buy because it is very natual looking and sort of like a tinted moisturizer except with a tad bit more coverage and pigment. I have gotten compliments from strangers whenever i wore this foundation. The main compliment being that i look really fresh and radiant. I hardly loved any foundations since my Chanel Teint Innocent but since that is discontinued I'm extremely happy to find this one. My new HG foundation!!!

For reference, I have normal/combination skin (oilier in the summer, and drier in the winter). I can wear this foundation all year round. In summer I only use a serum, sunscreen and this; and in the winter, I use my L'Occitane Divine Cream or BB Extra Cream, sunscreen, and this. Applies beautifully and lasts all day for me.

EDIT (January 2014): This started to feel sticky which is very absurd. Maybe the product went bad? I don't know but for an expensive product as such I would expect quality and this totally deterred me from buying it again as I had to throw out my 1/4 full jar. Colour also became more pinkish on me and didn't suit me anymore.

rated 2 of 5 on 6/28/2013 1:10:00 AM More reviews by lizrocks8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This foundation is great if you have flawless skin and like to waste huge amounts of money. I have been using this foundation for 3 years but recently switched to Make Up Forever's Mat Velvet +. It really made me realise how much time and money I had wasted. Future skin is extremely sheer and does not cover imperfections unless you build it up, which you won't really want to do since the product costs as much as a pot of gold. If you use concealer on top, it takes away from that natural skin look the foundation gives you. I initially bought this because I used to be so pale that no brands made makeup which matched me. This was also before I had severe acne and scarring. This foundation looks pretty bad in photos, has no lasting power and emphasises imperfections after about 4 hours wear. My skin becomes oily around 2 hours after application - I live in Australia so it is generally humid. If I blot it just removes colour, makes my pores very noticeable but I still look oily because the oil is UNDER the foundation. Although you can build this up it never covers that well. The packaging is pretty impractical but it IS durable. One pot of this can last me from 3 to 5 months. Another plus is that you don't have to blend this and it NEVER looks like a mask. Despite this, I would not really recommend this to anybody.

6 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/18/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by chezzarb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin:Acne prone, deep scarring oily skin: In short horrible skin and am only getting medical help now which is a completely different issue.

As an Indian Asian I find it extremely difficult to find a foundation and hence have always been a MAC girl. However, I've always known that MAC isn't the best foundation as it always oxidizes and I turn orange but still found it difficult to stray away.

After years of wearing different products I find that there is no 'perfect' foundation. You have to make a decision based on what you want. For me that's not wanting to look orange and oily.

I got banana (I'm NC 44) colour and when she first applied it I was not impressed but told me to wait for it to settle and I was amazed. It looked so natural on my face, and gave me a dewy glow. I have severe acne scarring and I'll be honest it doesn't give great coverage but if you have a decent concealer it's all good and its a buildable foundation, though I don't like doing that since its so pricey. This foundation made me realise how 'made-up' I must have been looking all this time because my MAC concealer that I whipped out for the SA to try on looked so orange and did not match me at all.

After I bought it (I wanted the loose powder as well which is amazeballs btw but didn't have the money) I initially regretted it as over the next few days as I looked so oily but then I didn't factor in that it was extremely hot and I wasn't using any primer.

But then I started using my primer and a different concealer and hey presto I looked so much different to the point that my boyfriend actually commented on how nice I looked even though he didn't know I was wearing different make up, and friends have told me that my skin looks much better. Another good thing about this make up is that I don't look dark or a different colour which makes me think that the product doesn't oxidise too much which is a bonus.

The key to good foundation is having products that compliment you, for example the SA did not try and sell me the matching concealer because she knew it wasn't as a good product. If you want something with heavy coverage this isn't for you.

The thing that I hate about this product is that its so expensive and the packaging is terrible, worse than drugstore packaging to be quite frank.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/26/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by amyfarrahfowler

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

For reference I'm NC40 and Wheat matches me best. Overall, this is a nice foundation. The problem is, at this price point I expect a helluva lot more than "nice". It goes on very smoothly (especially with the Shiseido Perfect Foundation brush) and looks extremely natural. My skin is normal-to-dryish but I got a tad bit shiny on my forehead and nose. It's a nice foundation but it doesn't beat Tom Ford Traceless liquid foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 1:23:00 AM More reviews by dahlialover

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have mixed feelings about this foundation. On the one hand, it made my skin feel very, very comfortable and hydrated. My skin also felt very fresh and not like I was wearing a layer of makeup. It gave my skin a nice, healthy radiance. It was also beautifully buildable and never looked heavy no matter how much I applied.

While it made my skin look healthy and radiant and glowy, it didn't really offer much coverage. If you have good skin, great, but if there are imperfections you want to cover, be prepared to use concealer on those areas.

It didn't have all-day staying power. This is not a foundation that will take you from 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. If you're going out at night, you'll want to re-do your foundation.

If you are young with oily skin, do not buy this. You won't like it. It will melt off your face.
If you have dry, dehydrated skin, then this is the stuff for you.

Editing on 7/19/2014: I'm using this foundation again, and something else wonderful I've noticed that I want to tell you about: unlike most foundations where my makeup comes off where my eyeglasses or sunglasses make contact with the skin on my face, this stuff hardly does that at all. Normally, with my other foundations, when I take off my glasses, I sort of have to pat around the area where the glasses made contact with my face so as to cover for the missing makeup pulled off by the glasses (and I don't even wear a lot of foundation!) but with this Future Skin stuff, I don't have to do that, and in fact hardly any eyeglasses mark is left on my face at all. I think that's pretty amazing! Also, I've switched from wearing this with Laura Mercier loose powder and now am pairing it with Chantecaille's loose powder in subtle, and, wow! what a beautiful finish! Very impressed.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2013 8:30:00 AM More reviews by Eeeeelicia

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I am so angry that this foundation did not work for me, considering its hefty price tag. The Sales Associate at Barneys matched me to the shade Alabaster (I am around N12). While the color match is pretty good, and the finish is quite nice (not totally matte, but not dewy...just right), I am absolutely appalled at how this foundation emphasizes, and ENLARGES, every single pore on my face. I can seriously only compare it to...the moon, I suppose. I have never experienced anything this bad with any other foundation before, and it makes me really mad. I look to foundation as a means to cover my flaws, not to highlight them. At $72, I really expected this to be something lovely. I am really disappointed in Chantecaille.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2013 3:00:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I had this tried on me in Vanilla, but I ended up with Alabaster which I like more. First of all, I like that it is a cream vs a liquid. To me, creams have more buildable coverage. I also like the color ranges. But what I particularly am thankful for is there is no SPF in it. I do my own SPF that I know I don't react to and I don't want an unknown to add into the mix. I was using Chanel Vitalumiere and then they redid it, took away my creme, and put in SPF and now I get itchy and fever blisters. It is soooo hard to find a foundation without SPF today and basically, I started just using my foundation and powder and that's it. This gives me great coverage, completely tones down my hot pink cheeks, and my skin looks like a mannequin's which I love. If I am going to wear full on makeup, I want it to look perfect - not just me all over. I don't get that - why bother with makeup? no I kid, but really, this is my professional look makeup, not the everyday stuff and I am really happy about it especially with the color!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2013 9:42:00 PM More reviews by DDGattina

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have been using Future Skin for 10 years. Before discovering it I tried every high end foundation out there, and while some of them were fine, I never liked the feel of foundation and I wore foundation as rarely as possible. As soon as I began using FS I began to get unsolicited compliments...on my skin. Basically people couldn't see that I was wearing foundation, but my skin looked luminous and healthy. A few tips: FS will almost melt into your skin, if you apply with (clean!) fingers and almost press it (GENTLY) into you skin with fingers or even palms. You can build coverage over areas that need a second application the same way-- it blends beautifully. Brush application will give you heavier coverage, but not as natural. I do finish with powder on nose and chin, but not on cheeks-- the FS glow is beautiful. I find it does last all day & stays true to color.

In the last 10 years I've occasionally tried other high-end stuff in the eternal quest, but every single time FS comes out way ahead of the competition.

I've discovered that using a superb product to the last drop saves me $$$ vs paying to constantly try and discard less expensive options.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/4/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by ljanelle

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

A very nice foundation, but I need more coverage. The porcelain color is a very light peach color - not my favorite.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2013 2:48:00 AM More reviews by isabella8

This is the most I've ever paid for a foundation ($80 Cdn!!!) and I regret it! I really wanted to like this foundation because I'd heard some good things about this brand. I was looking for a natural looking foundation that was a bit more hydrating for the winter so I thought this would be perfect. My combo skin was starting to dry out from the cold.

PROS: I bought Vanilla (I'm an NC25) and the shade was a nice match. It felt really nice when I applied it on my skin--gel-like almost and it looked great for the first 2 hours. But that's it.

CONS: I rarely break out (I get a spot or two at most) but this broke me out EVERYWHERE after using it for nearly 2 weeks. I never get breakouts on my forehead but this product gave me tons of bumps there. Ugh! Also, it's not as moisturizing as it initially feels. The foundation really started to look noticeable on my skin after less than 3 hours of wear and it wore off quickly around my trouble spots (redness around my nose). This had little staying power.

This product is totally overrated, ridiculously expensive, and I now know why Chantecaille isn't carried in many places--it just sucks. When I pay this much, I expect something awesome. I switched over to Revlon's Nearly Naked Foundation and my skin is now hydrated and my breakouts have calmed--all at a fraction of the cost!

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No