September 19, 2014 | 1663 users online

Cleansers - MAC - Cleanse Off Oil

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2014 12:58:00 PM More reviews by 100nanna

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this product so badly! Before buying it i read loads of reviews who all absolutely loved it so i was sure i would too. And yes it is good as removing makeup, BUT it made me break out so much! I don't know why my skin just couldn't handle this product, i've never had my skin breaking out like that before and i would definitely not describe my skin as sensitive. I'm 99 % sure that it was this product that broke me out, as the break-outs came after i had used this a couple of times and went away again almost instantly after i stopped using it. I did really like using it though and it removed my makeup really well. So bummed out about it, but my skin definitely did not like it!

One lipstick for the price because i paid 35 $ to only use it three times.

Packaging is really nice! I love that you can lock the pump!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 1:25:00 PM More reviews by Asti1234

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Woah this stuff is AMAZING for removing stubborn make up. I use wipes to remove my every day make up but if I have applied a full on face then I always reach for this to remove it all. It even removes waterproof mascara and that's saying something. It doesn't break me out and I love the pump dispenser. I also like the smell of the oil. Not too greasy like DHC cleansing oil, I've dripped some on my clothes before and it comes out in a regular wash. Its quite pricey though so I wouldn't use it everyday because of that reason.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 7:52:00 PM More reviews by maileymc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This product does what it's supposed to do: remove your makeup. I typically wear medium to full coverage foundation on a daily basis and I would say that about 98% of your makeup is gone after using this. The price is about 36$ CAD, which isn't so bad for the amount you're getting. I'm only half way through the bottle and I've been using this daily since October. Also, I have acne prone skin and this does not break me out, so that's a plus. However, I, someone who also has oily skin, finds this product extremely drying. Therefore, I would not repurchase this again after I'm done with the bottle. If you're planning on buying this, make sure to add moisture back to your skin with a serum and moisturizer. It's a must.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2014 4:52:00 PM More reviews by aquarianrabbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

A very good oil cleanser for removing makeup. I normally don't use MAC skincare of any sort, but this doesn't really count. I love oil cleansers and had always heard good things about this, so I said, why not? I usually use an oil cleanser to get my makeup off, then follow up with a cream cleanser, so that's what I did with this, too. It is a bit runny, more so than any other oil cleanser I've tried, but I don't mind. It smells like kind of like cookies to me, or ginger bread, maybe? It's not offensive and doesn't stay on your skin, though, so not really a concern. It does an excellent job of taking sunscreen and makeup off, but does not rinse squeaky clean. I never trusted that my face was clean of the oil even after it emulsified, so I always cleansed with something else a second time. I would say that this is only good for removing stubborn makeup, but not for cleaning out pores or treating your skin in any way. If that's what you're looking for, then great. I, however, will be going back to my trusty ADE Creamy Cleanser that cleans off makeup, cleans out my pores (I double cleanse with it) and is cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/17/2014 1:36:00 PM More reviews by kala89

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

Only thing that can get my Candy Yum Yum off my lips! I love CYY but it stains my lips for two days without the cleanse off oil! I've tried other make up removers and the cleanse off oil is the only thing that can melt it away, as well as my other matte lipsticks. But CYY is definitely the hardest to get off. If the oil can get rid if that it can dissolve anything!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2014 7:30:00 PM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I am very impressed with this product. I don't know why, but any time I have heard about an oil based "cleansing" product my mind always assumes it's bad, greasy, pimples, clogged pores etc. One of my girl friends asked me how I removed my make up at night because we both wear the same long wearing foundation and I told her I used make up wipes and washed my face every other day. She swears by this because it gets all that long wearing make up completely out of your pores (that stuff is stubborn!). I ventured into MAC to grab some of my essential items and I asked about this cleansing oil. The SA told me that this does NOT clog your pores, only mineral oil does. I was sold! Well, I've been using this every night and I am highly impressed. I first use a MAC make up wipe, and that never ever gets all of my foundation/make up off. I usually end up using 2 or 3 but instead I put some of this on a cotton pad and it took care of the left over foundation. It really removed EVERYTHING, of course there was a tiny trace left over (I don't think you're going to get ALL of the make up out of your pores unless you wash your face afterwards). My skin did feel greasy, but I put some Witch Hazel toner on it and wiped my face and it felt great! Not greasy at all. This stuff is my new secret weapon. I have also noticed that not only do I save make up wipes since using this cleansing oil but I also have less pimples because it cleans my skin better. Yay!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/12/2014 3:06:00 PM More reviews by Wattsherface

It removes make up well but i don't like cleansing oil, my preference is a make up wipe.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2013 10:35:00 AM More reviews by vackley

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I follow a lady on instagram that swears by this product and I decided to purchase it last night. I used it for the first time last night and love it! I wear makeup everyday and have really oily skin and my skin never feels completely clean. After using this product my skin felt extremely clean. I did use this product and clean and clear morning burst together and they did a great job! Can't wait to wash my face again tonight lol

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2013 2:44:00 PM More reviews by cathykl

I love the convenient pump bottle, but the product - not so much.

It removes make-up on the face efficiently and you don't need much but the problem is all the essential oils, from citrus to lavender, which really irritate my skin and especially the eye area if it even ends up anywhere near my eyes. After only a few uses my skin would become red and angry. Never broken out, but just clearly pissed off. I was hoping they were there in tiny amounts but I guess even those small amounts listed at the end were enough to make my skin react. I also noticed it became increasingly drier and it was difficult to apply my make-up in the mornings and skin would be flaking right off even with more moisturiser than normal. I stopped using this and went back to using plain oils - I much prefer using a bland, unscented carrier oil which doesn't irritate or dry out my skin and I can use it around the eye area without irritation/reactions, dryness or breakouts of any sort.

I would not repurchase. If you have sensitive, dry, dehydrated or acne/clog-prone skin tread carefully or avoid this altogether.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2013 1:26:00 AM More reviews by orenjinominh

I love this stuff. it removes all of my makeup very easily even waterproof mascara and of course long wearing foundation is a joke. it does squirt like crazy if you'd aiming for a cotton pad but on your hands it lathers up fine. feels greasy until you wash it off clean. this is my one stop cleanser for nighttime and I don't plan on buying a separate makeup remover ever again. its been a month and I'm only 1/8 done with the bottle...

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No