August 27, 2014 | 1756 users online

Gels/Soaps - Dr. Bronner's - Almond Castille Soap

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2012 6:08:00 PM More reviews by Zanita27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have been using this stuff more often than my regular bodywash. I love the warm scent of the almond. A little goes a long way with this stuff and it suds up really nicely. I use a just a little squirt on my loofa and its super suds. It cleans my skin nicely and doesnt leave it dry when I dry off.

I've used it as a shampoo in a pinch but it has a tendency to strip the hair yet leaves it super clean. I normally add a light conditioner to my hair starting at the base of the head and it makes it easier for combing.

This stuff has other uses such as cleaning which I havent tried yet. I do love it makes my skin clean and soft. I cant wait to try out the Rose next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/12/2012 4:14:00 AM More reviews by arikabh

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

i love dr. bronners. i havent used a different body wash in years. ive switched scents a few times. just started using this one after using the eucalyptus for about two years. just figured the almond would be more moisturizing. i love this amazing gentle soap. i love the aesthetic and packaging. love the different sizes offered. its organic and has many uses. in a pinch you can use this to shampoo even.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by nataliecloud9

I just started using Dr. Bronner's Almond Castille Soap, and I wish I had known about it a long time ago!

I chose to go with the Almond one because Almond oil has great skin benefits.

Since I heard you should dilute it... I had an empty Dial foaming soap dispenser, and I poured just enough soap in, (about 2 squirts,) to cover the bottom. Then I topped it up with bottled water. It works amazingly perfect! It foams up even better than the dial soap did.

I tried it as a shampoo, since I read a review that it faded someones color - and that is exactly what I want to do... fade out my ends which turned black from hair dye. I love it as a shampoo personally :D I also didn't experience any tangles because I worked it into my hair very gently.

This product is going to last so long, and I'm going to be saving money and being better for my health. I'm so happy!!! (I also heard people use this soap to make natural household cleaning products, and I can't wait to try that either.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2012 1:42:00 AM More reviews by minimalisto

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Love, love, love. Users of dr bronners for 10 years here, and almond is the best scent for showering, self and husband agree. Smell is intoxicating to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2012 12:42:00 PM More reviews by elocink

I love this stuff!!!!! It smells like the original Jergens lotion. For people that say it is too drying---you need to dilute it. I know some people say it doesn't require diluting but it really does. I had a few chest and back blemishes and clogged pores from coming off bcp and tried all kinds of creams, cleansers, and natural methods to clear them. Dr. Bronner's soap has cleared up my back and chest like nothing else!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2012 9:36:00 PM More reviews by BeckyWV

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is way too drying. After 2 uses of this product my skin is so dry it burns. I will never use this again!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2011 8:02:00 AM More reviews by alison_k

I had a bottle of this for ages purely because I loved the almond scent. I used it for everything (including laundry which did not work at all). I wasn't aware that you had to dilute this which is probably why I thought it was too harsh. I finished off the bottle by using it as hand soap, but it did dry my skin. I would definitely purchase another bottle but at least I know to dilute it now!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 12:14:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I thought I would like this scent but it has a really sickening after smell. I wouldn't buy it again.

EDIT: Ok to be fair, that review was because I cleaned my mason pearson brush with that and the rubber scent mixed with almond was bad. But alone, it's actually really good. Changing review to 5 stars.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/26/2011 7:44:00 PM More reviews by kdelossantos

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I absolutly LOVE this stuff. I have a tons of problems with my sensitive skin. This fits the bill. I cant use anything synthetic. Everything causes break outs and rashes from head to toe. This soap was a god send. I found that if I dont use the citrus conditoning rise that my hair will be a goopy mess. My skin is soft with no rash or break outs. When used diluted as shampoo then followed with the conditioner diluted down that they sell my hair is fan freaking taskic. It saves me time and money because I use 1 product head to toe. With the exception of the citrus conditioner. If you use properly this stuff is wonderful. Now if not diluted like they suggest then I can see why people might not like it. So dilute dilute dilute. I always keep it prediluted in a small bottle in the shower for my hair. Then i use a few tiny drops on my Clarisonc brush on my face. Then a few tiny drops on a bath puff to wash my body. If I need to shave I use a few drops in my hand then lather on where I need to shave. Remember to use the citrus conditioner thay make to rinse out the soap from hair or your hair will seem a goopy mess. Some how the conditioner cuts the soap out to make hair soft and shiney.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/16/2011 9:44:00 PM More reviews by nicurly

I love this soap!! The only thing is that I do not smell anything. I use this only as a body wash. Very easy to mix.