Garnier Fructis Sleek and Shine Weightless Anti-Frizz Serum

3.9

New forumula(2011): Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethiconol, Argania Spinosa Oil (Argan Kernel Oil), Fragrance, Prunus Amygdalus Kernel Oil (Apricot Kernel Oil), Benzyl Alcohol, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Citronellol.

on 6/23/2014 2:20:00 PM

Price was ok seeing that it looks like it will last a long time. Packaging was easy...have not had any problems with the pump.

I have short and fine but thick wavy hair and live in the South...so this summer heat and humidity have been aweful. I use Suave moisturizing naturals shampoo/conditioner on my hair and garnier pure and clean hair gel. Still my hair was frizzy this summer. Been using this anti frizz product for about a week...and it's been great. I usually will wash/conditioner my hair at night, towel dry my hair, put the anti frizz stuff in, use a round brush to brush my hair....go to sleep...and the next am just have to use a bit of gel to re shape my hair. Works great :) I'm going to keep using it, and will buy it again.

on 4/8/2014 11:41:00 PM

This is just amazing!!
I have damaged hair from colouring it so much and I needed a cheap affordable product and this fit the bill. it has a nice scent and it makes my hair feel super soft and it last for ages!!, I have had it for a year and I have only just used up half a bottle.
great product will be buying this when I run out!!

on 2/22/2014 3:33:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This stuff does wonders for my hair. It's a clear serum that made my hair shiny (it may seem oily at first but it gets less greasy after a few minutes after your hair absorbs it) and soft for a couple days. I did notice that my hair became a lot less frizzy (I have thick, curly, long hair). Plus I don't have to feel guilty about using harsh chemicals in my hair because the serum has really good ingredients like argan and moroccan oil. It's only around $5 so it's definitely worth trying.

on 1/11/2014 1:12:00 PM

Smells delicious like the rest of the products and is light but still protects my ends from splitting!

on 11/22/2013 11:38:00 AM

I purchased this product from Target last night and I was a little hesitant about it at first. When I put it in my hair it felt really greasy, but I decided to give it a few minutes so I left and came back about three minutes later, and wow, my hair was so beautiful and shiny. I'm not sure if it took a few minutes to process because of my thin hair but regardless, I'm in love with this serum and all the hair compliments I'm getting today!

on 9/25/2013 3:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Other, Warm

I've been on a hair kick as of late (since I started colouring my hair professionally anyways) and I decided to try this serum to preserve my hair from the damage caused by the chemicals and heat styling.

I didn't want to spend a lot of money on something like this and the Garnier Sleek and Shine fit the bill price wise.

My hair type:
medium textured and straight (Asian)
shoulder length with layers
colour treated every 6 - 7 weeks (touch up roots/grey, add highlights and/or toner colour)

Pros:
Love the fruity scent
Light consistency and not heavy or greasy like other serums can be
Doesn't weigh down my hair or leave a sticky feeling
Helps with styling when I blow dry my hair (I very rarely use a flat iron)
Gives a nice soft sheen afterwards
Inexpensive and a little goes a long way

Cons:
Maybe a little too watery for some hair types, especially thick hair
May not control extreme fly away or frizz, depending on hair type

Repurchase:
So far, yes.

on 8/18/2013 12:42:00 PM

This product claims to make your hair 10x smoother and control frizz, stay sleek for 3 days and last through the humidity. Yeh, that didn't do that at all for my hair. It is very oily in texture and I don't mind as most serums are. I wouldn't buy this again as it pretty much did nothing for my hair. Kinda useless and a disappointment.

on 8/7/2013 6:56:00 PM

I can't believe this is the stuff I was looking for this whole time. My hair is so dry, and dull, and product-resistant, but this makes it look so, so much healthier. There's significantly less breakage, and it's so smooth and soft and nourished.This is the perfect product for living in a dry climate.

The consistency of this feels like olive oil, so I was pretty blown away that the bottle says to use a whole pump, but it is actually very forgiving. I use one whole pump on WET hair, blow dry warm, and my hair is not greasy at all. I even use it on the top of my head.

The scent is nice, the bottle is nice, and the price is nice. I have no complaints. I love my hair now.

Edit: I have now purchased the matching shampoo and conditioner, and have had even better results with this.

I have thick, short, and very frizzy hair. I bought a bottle of this based on MUA's wonderful reviews and I was severely disappointed. Before I get to the disappointing part, I'll start with what I like. The thing I liked the most about this product is the smell. It has a sweet, fruity smell that isn't too strong but still lingers for a while and I really love it. I also like the packaging. It comes in a really cute little bell-shaped pump bottle that's tinted a light green.
The plastic is thick and the top is screwed on really tight, so I don't think you'd have any problems carrying a bottle around with you. Concerning the product itself, I was very let down. I tried a few different methods of application. First, I applied it to wet hair, which had no effect at all. After that, I applied it to damp hair and then blow dried, which had a nice softening effect but did nothing for my frizz. Since I had good results with the blow dryer, I decided to put a little bit on before my heat protectant and then flat iron. No results once again. On dry hair, it give me a nice boost of shine, but didn't do much else. It didn't have any negative effects either, it just didn't really do anything. It softens a little bit, but for about the same price as a bottle of this you can get a bottle of FX Silk Drops which not only makes your hair far softer but does a better job at taming frizz. I would strongly advise against this product.

on 8/2/2013 8:28:00 PM

I really love this product because I have EXTREMELY FRIZZY HAIR. I have been using this product for over a year and have not been dissatisfied with it once. I have been being more "natural" on my hair AKA using less heat (no straightener, no blow-dryer) so my hair is just in it's natural state which is frizzy-city. If you are growing out your hair this product is perffeccct for you! It really moisturizes as well as keeps your hair looking healthy! It CAN look greasy if you overdose on it but it really will be fine if you apply slowly and build it up instead of applying pumploads at a time. I lightly press on the pump to get about half a pump or so and then apply to dry hair to sleek down my ponytale or other hairstyle. I do agree that it will be easier to look less greasy if you apply to wet hair but, if you apply it carefully and gradually to dry hair you will love it! Makes my hair last for 4-5 days without washing without look greasy or itching. (It is totally fine to not wash your hair for that long BTW, it helps restore natural oils and let's your hair "breathe") really, if you have six bucks to spare BUY this product. It is truly a miracle worker. xx (:

Popular Styling Products