July 31, 2014 | 1940 users online

Scrubs - Beyond Belief - Alpha Beta Hydroxy Deep Pore Scrub

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2010 7:49:00 PM More reviews by exah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Other

This is the first AHA and BHA containing product that I have tried so far and has it ever made a difference! I (mostly used to) suffer from very clogged pores, blackheads, bumps all over my face, acne scars as well as dry, flaking skin patches and was looking for a solution.
The scrub is gentle, the pieces do not feel sharp like St Ives scrub, the smell is slightly like licorice, but not bad. I found that this product works better on moist skin.

I started a new routine a few weeks ago: OCM, using jojoba oil and rinsing it off with Shiseido's The Skincare foaming cleanser.
BB AHA/BHA scrub every day before sleep on damp skin and I saw the difference immediately! The AHA helps with the scars and flaking skin, BHA takes care of the blackheads.

Having used this for about a week daily, my skin is absolutely radiant! My BB cream applies smooth and the bumps are slowly going away...I've noticed some hard pieces some out when I cleanse with oil, those being the pore "clogs" coming out. I also use it on my neck sometimes, it gives me the softest, smoothest skin.

In conclusion, this is pretty much my HG scrub, being relatively gentle and effective at the same time! Will buy again and again and again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 11/20/2010 1:12:00 AM More reviews by ashleydutta

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I found this to be very very harsh and drying. I feel like it was damaging my skin...not a good thing. afterwards my skin was tight, painful and flaking :-(.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/1/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by valerian

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have had this product and used it for quite a while and have found that you can use it in 2 ways.
For a gentler scrub you can use on damp skin, have a scrub around and rinse off.
My preferred method for a deep exfoliation is to apply to dry skin and kind of press it all over the face (avoiding the eye contour area of course) until it feels quite dryish. Then supporting the skin, press and roll and it starts too flake and peel taking all the grime and dead skin cells and nasties with it.Keep going until there is little or no product left and then rinse well,tone (If required) and moisturise.
I use this method once weekly and I feel gives me a deeper peel and suits my skin well but wouldnt do this more than that.
Hope this helps, I tried this as i used to use the Clarins doux peeling and the Decleor peel (darn, cant remember the name of the product) and felt it gave me a deeper exfoliation.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I really like the Beyond Belief A.B.H. line of products for acne prone skin. This scrub has tiny scrubbies but there are a lot of them in a creamy base which makes this super effective at exfoliating without being too harsh. Contains glycolic acid, lactic acid, papain enzyme and salicylic acid to act as chemical exfoliants. Also contains the skin soothers allantoin from comfrey root, and chamomile. People have stated that it has a licorce scent. Actually, the scent is fennel because this has fennel oil in it. I use this along with the ABH foaming cleanser and am very pleased with the results.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2010 12:38:00 AM More reviews by babieedoll

I just finished my whole tube recently and will be buying another one asap. I like it because it doesn't scratch my face or dry out my skin. It leaves my skin looking and feeling smoother after using this. Overall it's not a miracle worker but a pretty decent average exfoliator. I also use this around 2 or three times a week on my normal t oily skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2010 11:07:00 AM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This is pretty good! I picked it up at Sally Beauty. They are currently having a B2G1Free on most of the Beyond Belief products until 9/30/10 (I believe). Otherwise I think this is around $7.

The scrubbies in this stuff are pretty small, and feel like they're doing an effective job. I feel that a little goes long way.

I bought this mainly because I need some help with my blackheads/pores on my nose and the cheek part right next to my nose.

I didn't notice any specific scent - it's maybe just a typical soapy scent.

I've only used it once, so I'll be back with an edit that will be more helpful, but so far I'm pleased!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2010 1:10:00 AM More reviews by swtlilqtk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

EDIT-Below is my review of the OLD PRODUCT. This last 6 months or so they reformulated the whole product and it doesn't even resemble what it once was. What was once a 5 star rating for me is now a 1. Its just like any other cheap exfoliator on the market. It doesn't even make your skin feel smooth. The name is misleading. There is no ABH even in it any longer! Don't waste your money on this crappy reformulation. Im so angry I know have to find another product to replace the one that worked perfectly for 5 years now...UGH.

I have been using this 3 plus years now and I believe this to be the reason my skin has improved 100%. I love everything about this. First the price....$7. I mean OMG what isn't to love about that? Sometimes on sale buy one get one. Anways...the texture of this is perfect really cleans your skin without being harsh and afterwards your skin will feel like a baby's bottom. The pores on my nose got smaller, my overall texture of my skin improved and my skin glows. PLEASE try this. You have nothing to lose. PS---def. use a sunscreen with this since is a ABH it can make your skin sensitive to the sun!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2009 7:48:00 AM More reviews by irene82

Will definitely repurchase. I used to use Clarins pore refining scrub - but I always felt guilty because it was so expensive for such a small tube. I'm so glad my friend recommended me this product because it works if not the same, better than the high end Clarins scrub. It makes my skin extra soft and I feel like I don't get any more gross whiteheads and blackheads. I asked my friend to get this for me but I believe you can get it at Sally's.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2009 1:27:00 AM More reviews by dizzyme124

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Love!! Bought this after reading reviews here and am so happy i did! I use it twice a day and my skin has changed dramatically. I still have blackheads on my nose, but they are definitely smaller. The rest of my skin looks great! I did get a zit last week (THAT time, you know) and it started healing almost as soon as it reared its head. Will most definitely, absolutely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 6:18:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So, I thought Id contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this.

I bought it at Sallys in Knoxville for $6.53 inc tax, (the Beyond Belief range is in Sallys in Edinburgh but not this product, Sigh). This is hands down the best exfoliator that I've come across, and does actually seem to minimise the appearance of my open pores. It comes out of the tube as a white, lightly scented liquorice cream. The exfoliation beads are spherical and non abrasive. I even used it on my bf who has great skin but some open pores and hey presto they really seemed to have disappeared. Buy it!