December 19, 2014 | 1161 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - The Body Shop - Chamomile Eye Makeup Remover

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 6:36:00 PM More reviews by jessmcl1200

I have never had a problem with this product! it's soft and gentle on my eyes and gets the makeup off really well. I still use it to this day and I haven't had any reactions to it. the smell is really soothing as well!

rated 1 of 5 on 1/12/2014 9:22:00 PM More reviews by AMBERROSE2885

This product burned the skin around my eyes so bad that I ended up making a doctor appointment to make sure it wasn't an allergic reaction. I had to slather on aquaphor day and night to get rid of the red puffy dried skin.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by ashleyanders

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a review for this product:

Claims - True or False?
1) Quickly and gently removes eye makeup: False
2) Conditions skin: N/A
3) Lashes and lids feel soft and clean: False
4) Fragrance-free: Partially true

Packaging:
A soft opaque plastic bottle. Packaging is pretty much identical to their shower gels, just without clear plastic. The cap opens pretty easily, there is a hole at the top to dispense product; this method of dispensing product is not ideal for the liquid formula as too much product comes out.

Formula:
A watery solution that foams up when shaken, clear on the skin, slight fragrance that does not appear to be added but is most likely the natural scent of one or more ingredients in the product. The scent is light enough to not be an issue for me. Feels very light on the skin, no oiliness or heaviness. Similar to a micellar cleanser but with actual foam.

Performance:
In terms of its ability to remove makeup, this product performs at an average level. It removes eyeshadow very easily, but doesn't remove non-waterproof eyeliner and mascara as easily (which I noticed with micellar cleansers as well). It takes more time to remove these and more product usually. It doesn't leave the eye feeling gunky or dry, no blurred vision, although I did still get black goop in my eyes from the mascara/eyeliner. In my opinion this would work better as a clean-up product when applying makeup because it doesn't run everywhere and would leave minimal residue. However, on my skin this product burned tremendously. When first used it made my skin burn, itch, and slightly sting where I was rubbing the product - especially near the lashes. I thought that maybe it was the rubbing/wiping and not the product itself, so I tried it again later on and just pressed it on my eye without moving it. After a few seconds it started to burn my skin again, and the longer I left it the more it burned. It also left a slightly sticky residue on my skin, most likely due to the SLS in the product. This would be easily rinsed off, although directions do not indicate that rinsing is required or at least recommended after use. The irritation is most likely from the chamomile itself, as I've never experienced skin irritation from the other ingredients in the product and have never really used products with chamomile in them before. Otherwise it could even just be the way the ingredients are formulated together.

Bang for your Buck:
The website sells this remover for ~$10USD for 250ml (8.4oz). Not that much is needed overall to remove makeup, so it is on par with other makeup removers. I don't know what kind of sales it goes on, as I received it in a large tote bag with other products (a promotional gift bag).

Final Consensus:
Ignoring the irritation the product caused, the results were just average. I am not a huge fan of their face care products though, and this is no exception. For those who wear light makeup or just need something to remove makeup with minimal residue, this could be worth trying out, but if you have sensitive skin or tend to experience allergies to floral ingredients, I would not recommend this product.
* Overall Rating: 2/5
* Price: 2/5
* Packaging Quality: 2/5
* Repurchase: No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/22/2013 5:41:00 PM More reviews by carpentergirl03

I used to use this product years ago and recently received it in a gift set and I thought to myself, "I forgot about this product and can't remember why I stopped using it." Well, I quickly remembered why. It burns and stings my eyes so bad it leaves a red burn type mark everywhere it touches on my eyelids. I had to rinse my eyes with running water as if I got a chemical in them. Horrible stinging pain. I do have somewhat sensitive eyes but I've never used another eye makeup remover that has given me a reaction like this. I will be going back to Vichy Purete Thermale Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover which has worked very well for me.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/23/2013 2:34:00 PM More reviews by WindyRain

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

It's good for removing everyday light eye makeup, but doesn't work too well for heavy makeup. U have to use it at least 3-4 times per eye to get off all the makeup. But if it's just the eye-liner and kajal, that it removes effortlessly. U have to work a bit hard to get off the eye shadows though. It's ok for me coz I dont use eye shadows too often so I'm fine with it.
Great packaging btw, (i,ve the smaller bottle), only a reasonable amount comes out, so it's easy to use.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 9:18:00 PM More reviews by beachesatnormandy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I am so glad I just got this product as a sample. It burned the all living crap out of my eyes. Mind you, I have sensitive eyes, but this product was just harsh. It burned my eyes, the skin around my eyes and it was a burning that did not go away for quite some time. The packaging is also meh. Too much product would come out, so product control wasn't really that good, but the bottle didn't give me problems with leaks so that's a plus. It also took some scrubbing to get my makeup off, and I don't even use waterproof mascara/eyeliner. I really disliked this product, and would not recommend it to anyone, especially those with sensitive skin/eyes.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/16/2013 1:02:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did not irritate my eye area. Removed eye shadow and liner easily but did not remove my mascara at all. Contains parabens. Similar to the Simple brand eye makeup remover.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2013 10:26:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

I loved this in the beginning, but now I don't care for it and will not repurchase it. It stings my eyes, and really does not remove eye makeup as well as the up brand does.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/3/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by shellstah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a water-based makeup remover so its consistency is like water. I personally prefer water-based makeup removers since I can just wipe rather than having to rinse it all of especially on nights where I'm tired and/or lazy. I haven't experienced any stinging or irritation in my eyes when removing makeup using this despite the many reviews I've seen. I first got the trial size for $2 before buying the full size one at $7.5 during the 50% off sale. It has a chemical-y scent to it that I'm not a big fan of though. I just read the ingredient list and there's a few parabens on it... so I guess its time to look for a new water-based makeup remover.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/19/2013 5:34:00 AM More reviews by maybejustme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Seriously don't even consider this product! It burns and stings like CRAZY! Initially I thought it was just me cuz of my sensitive skin but no! My friends borrowed it and it stung their eyes and faces as well! NEVER repurchasing, NEVER recommending it to anyone ever and I have so much product left in the huge bottle.. Disappointing!