I loved this in the beginning, but now I don't care for it and will not repurchase it. It stings my eyes, and really does not remove eye makeup as well as the up brand does.
This is a water-based makeup remover so its consistency is like water. I personally prefer water-based makeup removers since I can just wipe rather than having to rinse it all of especially on nights where I'm tired and/or lazy. I haven't experienced any stinging or irritation in my eyes when removing makeup using this despite the many reviews I've seen. I first got the trial size for $2 before buying the full size one at $7.5 during the 50% off sale. It has a chemical-y scent to it that I'm not a big fan of though. I just read the ingredient list and there's a few parabens on it... so I guess its time to look for a new water-based makeup remover.
Seriously don't even consider this product! It burns and stings like CRAZY! Initially I thought it was just me cuz of my sensitive skin but no! My friends borrowed it and it stung their eyes and faces as well! NEVER repurchasing, NEVER recommending it to anyone ever and I have so much product left in the huge bottle.. Disappointing!
This burns and stings when I use it on my eyes, not even that great at removing all my makeup as well. I have found a use for it though, since its not oil based like most makeup removers, if you put a bit on a q-tip you can use to remove eye makeup mistakes/mascara smudges when you are doing your makeup. So I guess its not entirely useless but come on bodyshop there is nooo way this should be referred to as gentle..
- Very gentle for sensitive skin. I have been using this makeup remover for years, and although it's supposed to be for only eye makeup, I use it for my entire face. It does great it removing everything off my face, and this means the full works (primer, foundation, concealer, eyeliner, lipstick and liner etc). It has never broken me out, and my skin is ridiculously sensitive.
- Non-oily remover, which means that my skin doesn't feel greasy or overly taut after that.
- Very reasonably priced. $18 for a bottle that will last me about 4-6 months depending on usage.
- No animal testing! While I do not strictly only buy products that do not animal test, this is a plus
Now on the the negatives...
- It's not the best makeup remover around. I could probably find better ones on the market, but as I said, they would probably break me out. It DOES NOT work for waterproof mascaras in one swipe (but granted, my mascaras are very stubborn), and it takes a while and a bit of patience to wait for the mascara to be removed.
All in all I think it's a fair trade-off though because I don't want pimples no thanks.
Crap. It doesn't remove makeup without having to rub alot. I might as well have used water. The bottle sucks, the cap broke after some use. I went again to the body shop and tried it in front of a sales associate and her excuse was because I didn't "let it soak". Really?
Since it listed chamomile as an ingredient and was by a brand I trusted I thought the product would be fine. I am taking it back today, my eyes have never stung so bad. It stung a bit while I was using it though it took everything off -however I woke up with burned, red eyes. I do not recommend this product to anyone!
I used this to remove eye makeup and while it did remove it fairly, it stung my sensitive skin. I was surprised as there was chamomile in this product and it should have been mild enough, disappointed.
I am surprised by the lackluster reviews here -- I actually love this eyemakeup remover and have been using for the last few years. It does not sting my eyes and removes stubborn gel liner and mascara effectively without a lot of rubbing. I have tried a couple of drugstore brand eyemakeup remover lotions, and thought this one was a lot more effective at removing makeup completely. The scent is subtle and not overwhelming. It did not leave any residue. Each tube also lasts me a while -- every couple of years or so.
Its one of my go-to's for eye make up removal. Its not greasy and it only takes a couple swipes to get most of my eye make up off. Then again, I don't like wearing waterproof make up on most days. I've read the other views and I have to say I have absolutely no problems with it burning my eyes, its pretty tear free. I'd buy it again and I think it's definitely my staple for removing everyday simple eye make up