LUSH Flying Fox Shower Gel

3.7

on 3/31/2013 12:22:00 PM

I LOVER this shower gel! For my fellow Southern girls, if you like the scent of honeysuckle, you'll love this. It smells exactly like it. Like most Lush shower gels, it foams really easily and makes your entire bathroom smell amazing. It says on the bottle it has "aphrodisiac" qualities, and while I'm not sure about that, I do feel a little extra sexy when I use this. Because seriously, when you smell like honey, how can you not?

on 3/25/2013 11:52:00 AM

I've got to say that I am pleasantly surprised with Flying Fox! I have heard any great reviews of it and finally remembered to purchase a small bottle - smallest retails for $9.95 CDN - and am very pleased.

The scent is smiliar to the Godiva 2 in1 solid shampoo but far milder. It lathers well on its own or with a loofah and leave the skin feeling soft, lightly scented and without any residue.

The tiny bottle is typical of most body washes and is recyclable and easily portable for travel. I don't doubt you could use this on children, pets or as a bubble bath. Very lovely and will most likely repurchase once gone.

on 3/7/2013 12:03:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

HMMM! This smells wonderful! I enjoy this in the shower.

I ordered this online and was fearful because I hadn't smelled it person. I picked one out to try based on the ingredients and discription. BOY, was I surprised and so glad that I turned out to love this. It smells like Winne-the-Pooh bear's honey pot mixed with Jasmine. It's a honey sweet smell, not a sugary candy sweet, so I do consider it a more mature smell. I wish I would have ordered a larger size but I wanted to play it save and I order the 3.3oz for $9.95. I will defiantly order this in the future.

3.3oz = $3.02 an oz
8.4oz = $2.26 an oz
16.9oz = $1.71 an oz

My relationship with Lush as a brand hasn't been as smooth and easy as I would like it to be. I think I started out by trying their bubble bath balls, which I love, don't get me wrong, if I have money to burn I would use a different one everyday for a nice foamy bubble bath. But they are just too pricy. Then I moved on to their hair products, tried liquid shampoo (really not impressed at all), solid shampoo (can't find the motive to buy it again), and hair conditioner (disliked the smell and was utterly disappointed by the performance). Years went by and I never even once thought about stopping by any Lush store when I passed one by. Until a few weeks ago, we were having some works done in our apartment and it had been exhausting and a bit stressful, one day I asked my boyfriend to get me a huge bottle of Flying Fox on his way home from work. I had googled and done my research, had decided that Flying Fox is the one I wanted to try because of the ingredients (honey honey honey!!!) and scent (I used the solid shampoo with the same scent before), which turned out to be the decision that made me enter the "Lush phase".

I used it right away that night, and it made me feel so relaxed and pampered. My boyfriend got in the room and the first thing he said was "Something smells incredible in here". It is indeed moisturizing, though I don't like the fact that it contains both SLS and parabens. I tried using it as shampoo, but it's a bit too rich for my hair and weighs it down. I am thinking about trying it as a kind of hair conditioner though. It also works wonders for a bubble bath, and considering the many different ways to use it, I think the big bottle is a lot more economical than other Lush products.

I really like it, the smell is divine.

on 1/17/2013 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I know this scent is a hit or miss, but lawd have mercy, it's the most intensely beautiful-smelling thing my olfactories have ever experienced. The fragrance permeates the entirety of the bathroom, energizing and relaxing me simultaneously. It's a powerfully unforgiving floral- "unforgiving" meaning that if you plan on wearing another fragrance, you'd better give this one time to dissipate. Flying Fox *will* do battle with it, unless the other fragrance is complementary.
That being said, the body wash itself is lovely. It cleanses and doesn't make my skin dry or break out. It takes a bit of work to lather, but not too much work. The bottle feels a bit flimsy, but I can get behind Lush's minimalist packaging.
This was my very first Lush purchase, and now I can't wait to try more, along with the full size of Flying Fox. It's not for the faint of heart, but if you dig some serious florals, at least take a whiff of this in a Lush store. You might fall in love.

on 12/19/2012 2:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the sensual smell of this body wash, I use it on date nights or just anytime I need a confidence boost! It leaves my skin soft and leaves a faint scent. When I want it to be stronger I use it as a shampoo, I was told by the lush associates it is great for hair and they were right! It leaves it soft and shiny and smelling great! I don't know about using it as shampoo everyday but for occasional use it's great! wish it was a little cheaper, but I wish everything was cheaper!

I tried this in a Lush store with their salt scrub, and it seamed wonderful so I bought a bottle. Yukk - I cannot stand the smell in the shower, there is an odd moth ball scent that is sickening. I've tried to use it on several occasions, but each time I end up having to do everything I can to wash away the smell from me and the shower. Two stars only because of the ingredients, it lathers well and feels nice. Waste of my money...

on 11/11/2012 7:16:00 PM

The scent seems to be pretty divisive but I love it. It is very similar to Lush's lust perfume. Mildly moisturizing, nothing life altering. I really only use it for the scent.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I love the way this smells and it helps with relieving my migraines. I would use this in the shower or bath and relax for a half hour. The whole bathroom was scented. It is a bit runny and doesn't lather very much. I don't think I would use this as a daily soap, being the smell is a bit much as well as the price. I would use it when I have migraines. I do like the smell, jasmine and honey. It smells very pretty but doesn't linger much on the skin. It was mild on my skin and didn't irritate it (sensitive, dry skin).

on 10/25/2012 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

The stench of this product is disgusting. This is not how Jasmine/Honey smells by any means perhaps rotten Jasmine flowers but not real ones. It smells like stale mothballs or something that I just can't put my finger on.. I guess the foamyness of the lather is good but I didn't find it extra moisturizing than anything I could get at the drug store. I received it as a sample and I can still smell it on my loofah three weeks later after a one time use. I'm going to have to throw this loofah out.

Popular Gels/Soaps