April 18, 2014 | 1962 users online

Hair - The Body Shop - Grape seed glossing serum

rated 5 of 5 on 8/12/2013 10:47:00 PM More reviews by Zenling

I've been using this since 2006, definitely one of the BEST Body Shop products and very well worth buying. I apply to my hair while it's still damp after a wash, and works well even after blow-drying.

Another great thing I learnt from a friend who mistakenly thought this was moisturising oil for the FACE---it can be used on the skin as well!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 11:02:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

This is a great product to use on wet or dry hair. I generally use it to smooth fly-aways on dry hair. It smells great, lasts a very long time (mine lasted about a year with regular use), and works great when I'm on the go in the mornings whether I leave my hair up or down. Only complaint is the pump only reaches about 75% of the way down (as do a LOT of products out there), forcing you to waste about a month's worth of product!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2013 2:09:00 AM More reviews by rosateh

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

It has been years since the last time I bought anything from the body shop. I bought it without reading any reviews and I was pleasantly surprised how amazing this product is. It make my hair shinier and darker and my head feels lighter now. For the past 3years I have been suffering from massive hair fair. Just a touch on my hairs will cause several hairs to fall. I have tried numerous type of shampoos,extra virgin olive oil, coconut oil, hair tonic, honey, lemon, etc but to no avail. However, for the past one week I just added several drops of eucalptus oil to my shampoo and omitted using hair conditioner and I just let air dry my hair and then add some of the grape seed glossing serum. Surprising, this works for me and my hair fall is back to normal.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/7/2012 10:27:00 AM More reviews by doe_eyed_kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Hm... So I read in magazine saying that friction from tossing n turning in bed may cause your hair to become weak n break.

Back to topic, I bought this serum cuz it smelt like grape candy, I use it on blow dried hair before bed and the next morning my hair is easy to brush. When I apply this in the morning, it smoothens out any knots and looks shiny. Ok, I doubt hany hair product can make ur hair look as good as a model in a hair commercial, they have lighting n Photoshop for that ;) So, when knots are smoothened, your hair defiantly looks more shiny no? There is one con though, it is kinda hard to wash off, but other than that, a very good product.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2012 12:51:00 PM More reviews by yummizu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I finally bought it! It retails for 14$ in Canada and I find it is decent price for such a great product. It beats most of the high end serums I've tried before. The smell is very nice it makes me want to reapply this every time I go into my bathroom. However, what is most important - I love how it makes my long hair look so soft, healthy and shiny and it also defines my layers. I'm so happy with this product. Definitely will be repurchasing and recommend to my friends!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2012 2:34:00 PM More reviews by dawnsiow

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My hair is fine and curly. If I don't use the right product it turns into a hot frizzy mess. This transforms frizzy into soft, pretty beach waves. It doesn't leave my hair greasy, and smells quite good. Packaging is functional and it isn't too expensive. Will definitely repurchase :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2012 6:18:00 AM More reviews by pchotai

How much do I like this product? The answer is, a lot.

This wasn't my first impression though. The previous serum that I was using for my hair required me to use 3-4 pumps to get my hair coated. Being used to it, I took the same amount of this. BAD IDEA! My hair looked oily like it hadn't been washed in ages. I hated this right then.

Then, the second time I washed my hair, I was looking at it and thinking whether I should use it or not. I did, just that I used less than I did before. My hair was never this soft and glossy before! I daresay I'll never so much as glance at my old gloss again

rated 5 of 5 on 5/20/2012 4:22:00 AM More reviews by aksharad

This is the only serum I've ever used.. And I'm sure I won't be using any other since this stuff is everything my hair would ever ask for! Just 2 little pumps on damp hair and that's it - gorgeously silky and well behaved hair in a jiffy! Plus it smells absolutely divine and one bottle lasts for a decent time making it a reasonably priced product. Seriously, what else can you ask for?

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/11/2012 8:54:00 PM More reviews by smexypoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried a lot of hair serums...but this is amazing. I like it more than all the higher end stuff I've tried. I almost didn't buy it because I tried it on my hand and it felt really greasy but the reviews here made me go back and try it...It left my hair sooo soft but not in the too soft that you can't do anything with it way, the nice, no frizz, thick shiny soft way. It is a day later and my hair isn't a knotty mess like it normally is. <3333

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2012 8:07:00 PM More reviews by SkullGlitter

I needed something to add shine to my dry hair without just coating it in stiff goo. This I bought at a shop in an airport as a test product. The packaging says "Helps prevent moisture loss and split ends" which sounded useful for my color-treated and dry hair. Now that I use the Conditioner Only method for washing my hair, my ends are the only bit that can dry out.

The feel of the product is a slippery gel with only a hint of stickiness. The telltale silicone slip and the slight waxiness of the oils work well to coat the hair. When it's in the hair, it soaks in and creates a slippery shaft that is shiny without being cartoony like some sprays I've tried. I use this after almost every shower, with or without conditioner depending on the environment, and I really like it. It's not a LOVE product as I can use a deep conditioner on the ends for the same or similar results without the amount of silicones.