October 21, 2014 | 2072 users online

Eye Primer - Urban Decay - Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original (UDPP)

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 5:25:00 PM More reviews by Ritzaxo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using this eye primer for a few months now and as much as I try to like it or make it work, it just doesn't. I have oily eyelids and my eyeshadow will definitely crease if I don't wear any kind of primer/concealer. I have never actually bought this. I've tried it as a sample and got the travel size that came with the Naked palette. I have used this under many different eyeshadows from BH Cosmetics to MAC to UD itself and all have the same result - creasing. I go in to work at 8 so usually I do my makeup around 7ish and by the time its 10am it's already starting to crease. I neither hate it or love it. I'm glad I've never purchased it since it is a little pricey.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/23/2014 6:11:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high expectations for this. Everyone loves UDPP and its become a cult favorite. These really do enhance the color and texture of eyeshadows, but that's where the benefits stop.
First of all, these don't help wear all that much more than a slightly matte concealer.
I have very oily eyelids, no matter how long I let this set or how much I used or what I used it with, my eyelids creased horribly. Also, this didn't help control oil at all. I used it up through out the whole tube and still it hasn't wowed me. I would maybe recommend this people who are only slightly oily or slightly dry who don't have a lot of fine lines or wrinkles or hooded eyes to worry about.
Obviously, I seem to be the minority. I think Wet n Wild Fergie is better, as is Milani. Also, my Nyx HD concealer is really great too. Nars Smudgeproof is also well-worth the price and blows this out of the water.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2014 1:03:00 AM More reviews by DeeAcq

WOW WOW WOW! This product does not fail!
I had researched for a long time for an eye primer that would not disappoint and after having spent so many hours reading reviews I finally gave in to trying this one out.
I am so in love with this eye primer that I don't know if I could ever live without it.
It's not available here in Australia so it does take time to find it online through Ebay for America. This price is a bit more on the expensive side but so worth it.
I use this in colour original, and you only need a minimal amount and it will go a long way.
Although the tube seems tiny, it's going to last your forever, believe me!
I applied this firm thing in the morning around 9ish and by the time I get home it's till holding up my eyes shadow and eye liner without any flaws. This product is my absolute HG for eye primers!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 1:21:00 AM More reviews by Alexandrayorky

the BEST primer, been using for 5 years, no regrets and no alternatives. expensive but worth it

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 12:48:00 AM More reviews by Andi2010

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have this in the tube and am a fan. I have tried this primer with a huge range of eye shadows from various brands and find it pairs favourably with them all and does it's duty of keeping shadow looking true to colour all day.

I don't have dry eyelids so need the help of a primer to stop shadows creasing after a few hours wear. I have tried various eye primers, this performed a lot better on me than the Lorac, I like it more than the Nars but find it quite comparable to Too Faced Shadow Insurance and as good as Lime Crime eye primer which I love.

A little goes a very long way so you certainly get your money's worth.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/20/2014 5:34:00 PM More reviews by Silverfox7

I am not a fan of this. I know I am in the minority here, but it actually made my shadows crease. I tried putting it on just my lid as well as all the lid up to the brow. It is very slick when you put it on and when it "dries" it accentuates every imperfection.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/20/2014 12:18:00 PM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was given this as a gift, at first I didnt want to try it, I dont like to use many layers of things. And an eyelid primer seemed overkill... But I realized that my oily skin and allergic, watery eyes were ruining my eye makeup within the first 2 hours or less of application so I gave this a try. I dont use a primer on the rest of my face, but I do use this on my eyelids, and sometimes I use it on my entire eye area, eyebrows included, because I fill mine in with pencil.
It really works to hold the eyeshadow and liner in place, and it feels light and velvety.
I love the Urban Decay eyeshadow in "Sin" as an all over lid light rosy champagne color wash, and I recently saw this primer available in that color. Im tempted to try it, but I think I prefer to repurchase this plain version, and buy the Sin eyeshadow shade separately.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2014 11:15:00 AM More reviews by yjanney

I'm hooked. I resisted this because of the price for quite a while, but I'm so glad I tried it. I apply my face primer all over (including my eyelids), then follow up with a dot of this stuff rubbed into each lid. My eye makeup lasts as long as I need it to - up to 16 hours! This is incredible, considering my oily skin and constant eye-watering due to contacts and allergies. I would love to find something cheaper, but the fact that this lasts so long for me helps mitigate the pain of the price. Love the packaging, it's cute and very practical. The tube helps dispense just the right amount - I only ever need a tiny dot for each eye. This is NOT a white or clear product, it's tinted to match your skin tone so it really is undetectable. I want to try WNW Fergie's Take on the Day b/c it's so affordable and well-reviewed, but if that doesn't work I will be buying this again!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 10:28:00 PM More reviews by tmill

So far, this one is my favorite. I've tried other "flavors" of the UDPP, but I like this one the best. It has great staying power. My eyeshadow looks pretty much the same at the end of a 12-hour day as it did at the start--no creasing, no fading. Couldn't ask for much more than that.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by JoyConway