Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 9/10/2015 5:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

A little tube goes a long way and has great lasting power. A must-have if you're putting on eyeshadow and want it to last all day.

on 9/7/2015 4:58:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse

If you want your eyeshadow to stay on more than 8 hours and not crease you'll need this. This primer is a necessity. You don't need a lot, a little goes a long way.

I've tried all of the Urban Decay Primer Potions, and this one is simply the best. Nothing tops it. It's easy to apply and glides on like butter. It's sheer enough that it doesn't alter the color of your eyeshadows. The finish is slightly tacky, so shadows glide over this stuff so easily and stay on all day. It's just perfect.

I've had absolutely no creasing with this stuff. I can be outside when it's 105 degrees going for a jog and my eyeshadow will still look gorgeous when I get home, even if I'm covered in sweat. I didn't expect this at all to be honest. It definitely exceeded my expectations.

All in all, this primer does everything I want it to do, plus some. It's easy to use. It doesn't feel heavy or cakey. The price is a little steep, but it's so worth it. Definitely one of those products that lives up to the hype.

Honestly, all of Urban Decay's Primer Potions are good, but nothing beats the original.

on 9/1/2015 7:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this eyeshadow primer! My eyelids are very very oily and i've tried some different primers and none have worked. When I tried this I was so surprised that my eye makeup stayed on the whole day and looked really good even at the end of the day! So if you have oily lids you need to buy this NOW!

on 8/26/2015 2:13:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love using this primer before any of my eye shadow to help make the pigments stand out and live up to their full potential.

on 8/23/2015 10:05:00 PM

I received the sample size with a purchase at Sephora. I'm always a little hesitant to try something new becuase my skin is so sensative. But I gave it a chance idk if perhaps I'm might have used too much but when it dried it felt like glue, after a few minutes my eye started feeling very irrated it didn't turn out so great. I'd definitely get a sample if you are looking into buying it.

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I fell in love with this primer the first time I tried it! I ended up getting the trial size the first time around because it came with my palette and after using it a few days in a row I immediately went back to get the larger tube.

It really helps bring out the color of eye shadows.

on 8/21/2015 3:42:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

There's nothing too standout about this product- it does the job, it prevents creasing, keeps on eyeshadows, helps with the vibrancy of colour. Great product.

on 8/21/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

One word: Awesome!

After two travel sized tubes i got from sephora, i decided to get the full sized tube of this, since i love it so much. I love how it makes my top lid eyeliner stay on and not transfer to the top of my upper lid and how long my eyeshadow stays perfect. I noticed the difference of when i dont put primer on to when i do. When i dont, the shadow creases and fades, while this baby makes it stay on, not crease and makes the shadow colors pop. I tried a supposed dupe by ELF, which was 2 bucks, but it never made the cut, so this will never be truly duped. Its either this or nothing, and it is this.

on 8/15/2015 8:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I received this as an add on with the Ammo palette. I don't think I would actively seek it out personally. It just doesn't work that well for me. I have had exceptionally good luck with the Wet 'n Wild Fergie primer (I think it just works better for my eyelids and especially for my browbones). It does help the longevity on my eyeshadow, however my mascara does transfer to under my eyebrows by the end of the day, especially on days where it is humid.

Video Reviews & Tutorials