Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion - Original

4.3

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 5/12/2015 1:46:00 AM

This is a great eyeshadow primer for my super oily lids. Did not cause irritation milia or clog the eyelids. The primer helps eyeshadow adhere better but does not intensify the color. The packaging is horrible the one that comes in a squeeze tube.The entire top of the plastic got soft and snapped off. The tube is soft waxy matte plastic not the harder plastic so after a while the tub becomes soft.

on 5/8/2015 7:59:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Cute packaging, and I've heard so many great things, but I haven't noticed a huge difference in longevity of my makeup when I use it. I tend to use light makeup, but I DIYd my makeup for my wedding (basically a 12 hour active day) using this primer, and it didn't seem any different than the everyday makeup I wear to work or whatever.

on 4/30/2015 11:36:00 PM

I love this primer potion. It's the first primer that really keeps my eyeshadow from creasing. Only thing I don't like is the price! But it IS worth it in my book.

on 4/30/2015 10:59:00 PM

I use this every day. It's not the best eyeshadow primer--it doesn't prevent the best non-creasing technology, however it really smoothes out my lids before eyeshadow application and I love it. I also have sin and eden but I tend to reach for the original the most. It's extremely easy to use and you only need a little bit so the squeeze tube bottles will last you a very long time.

on 4/29/2015 1:55:00 PM

This is by far the best eyelid primer that I have ever used (and I've tried them all!!). It keeps eyeshadow in place for 24+ hours (yes, I fell asleep with it on) and enhances the pigments in them. A tube lasts for ages as well, so it's very reasonably priced. Some people have commented that their shadow still creases after using this; you must let it dry properly before applying eyeshadow, but conversely, if you let it dry for too long eyeshadow becomes difficult to apply too. Once you get used to it, it's wonderful stuff! 😊

on 4/29/2015 5:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I have this is Eden and it covers my veins really well but, my eyeshadow still creases and my lids still get a bit oily with this on. I was excited to try this but I was just disappointed.

on 4/24/2015 2:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

In my personal experience i still get creases with this eyeshadow primer, i'm just not convinced any primers work.

on 4/23/2015 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I really love using this eye shadow primer. I have always seen positive reviews online but though it was kind of pricey but I decided to give it a try and it does makes my eye shadow stay for more than 8 hours. Even with my cheapest eye shadows. I have tried cheap eye shadow primers before and they don't work as well.

I will definitely buy it again if I ran out. I wonder if the face primer from Urban Decay is as good as this.

on 4/23/2015 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HG eyelid primer. There are a lot out there but buy the best-it lasts a long time and it's totally worth it.

on 4/20/2015 6:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I've tried a bunch of cheaper brands of eye primer, and my shadows kept creasing by the afternoon. I have very oily lids, and the cheaper brands just couldn't keep up.

I finally broke down and bought Urban Decay's Primer Potion and couldn't be happier. It's the one primer that worked for me. I can apply eyeshadows in the morning, and they are crease-free until I take off my makeup. It's really nice to be able to wear eyeshadows without constantly glancing in the mirror to make sure it's in place :)

It's not cheap, but it's worth it if you have really oily lids!

Video Reviews & Tutorials