December 18, 2014 | 899 users online

Shampoo - LUSH - Seanik

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2014 2:35:00 AM More reviews by sunblockobsession

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love the smell, love the bar formulation, love the color. Cleans really well, as I would have expected from an SLS product.

I reserve this for getting coconut oil out of my hair, though. If I used it more frequently than that I think my scalp would dry out.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2014 9:06:00 PM More reviews by Spfeif82

This shampoo changed my life. It sounds dramatic, I know, but it is amazing. First, it lathers so well it is shocking. Second, it smells amazing. Third, it rinses out of my hair quickly and cleanly and fourth my hair is soft and manageable. Plus, this stuff lasts forever. I was stuck in a spiral of trying one mediocre shampoo after another. Finally, someone recommended this to me and I have been singing its praises ever since. I couldn't believe it myself. I didn't want to deal with the hassle of a shampoo bar, but I'm so glad I tried it.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/3/2014 8:32:00 PM More reviews by lushadams

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm giving this a 3 because I feel its a really great product, but just not for my hair. My hair can be fairly frizzy and volumous anyway (as I have curly hair) and this shampoo bar just left me with soft but VERY fluffy hair. I love that it's solid because it saves on packaging and also means it doesn't need preservatives but I think a different shampoo bar would be better for me. If you have straight or wavy hair and feel like you want a bit of volume or sexy beach waves this will probably work pretty great for you, curly haired girls beware though :/ my hair just can't handle it!

p.s the smell is AMAZING like a fresh ocean breeze or something, hence why I was so attracted to it to begin with

rated 4 of 5 on 2/3/2014 2:47:00 AM More reviews by bfish14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was attracted to this based on looks - its color is vibrant and the peekaboo seaweed sparked my interest (I have a mermaid obsession! lol). I think it smells refreshing and reminds me of a day at the beach. I have fine, thin, oily hair and this kept the oil at bay and helped to add volume. My only gripe is the seaweed - the chunks can get stuck in your hair which can be annoying so be sure to rinse extra well. Also, be very cautious to not get this in your eyes. Some of this trickled into my eye one time and on a pain scale of 1 to 10 - I'd give it a 9. It stung so badly that I couldn't even open it to flush it out. I thought for sure I'd end up wearing an eye patch for a few days after that incident! It hurts SO much worse than any other shampoo I've ever gotten in my eyes.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/5/2014 12:40:00 PM More reviews by abazapa13

I really wanted to like this shampoo. It was a good price and lasts for a long time and is convenient for travel but the main ingredient is sodium lauryl sulfate and after 2 weeks of using and loving the shampoo, my scalp started to get very dry and itchy and started flaking really bad. At first I thought it was the season change and dryer air that made my scalp so dry but I experiment with my other sulfate free shampoo and my scalp went back to normal. I tried the shampoo bar again and my scalp was incredibly dry and flaky again. Im willing to try the shampoo again if the main ingredient isn't such a harsh sulfate.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/13/2013 8:14:00 PM More reviews by camlynare

I was really eager to try this after reading so many great reviews on it but sadly, i was disappointed. This shampoo is incredibly drying even on my oily scalp. It gave some volume to my hair but not much. It does have a nice fresh scent to it though!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Zelmora

I find shampoo bars an awesome idea however, after using this for almost 4 months (still have some left!) I think i need to get another type of bar from Lush. Mind you this does what it's supposed to do - it has sea salt in it to give your hair volume and is probably good for oily hair, but it's pretty drying and that doesn't help if you have the occasional itchy scalp and such. Other than that it's a very nice product, lathers up well, has a nice smell, lasts for ages, it's a nice shampoo to use if you have dreads too cause it has no conditioning agent whatsoever in it. It's always nice to support Lush, with their eco-friendly packaging, natural ingredients and the fact that they don't test on animals, too!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2013 12:16:00 AM More reviews by Jexka

I'm a huge fan of LUSH's solid shampoos, and this one is no exception! I have fine, bleached hair that is oily at the roots and more dry towards the ends. It's so hard for me to find shampoos that control my oil for an entire day without making my ends look like straw. Luckily, Seanik does just that! After using this, my hair feels super clean but not stripped in any way, and with a little conditioner at my ends my hair feels soft, bouncy, and most importantly not at all greasy!
I used to be really skeptical of shampoo bars, but they work just as well as liquid shampoo. I just wet my hair, wet the bar, swipe it down the length of my hair about 6 times (I have longer hair, if yours is short you can use less), lather, and rinse. This stuff lathers up so well and it rinses out clean. I hate when shampoos leave residue in your hair, so thankfully Seanik doesn't. The smell is great -- it smells really fresh and clean and a little salty, it really reminds me of the ocean. The smell really doesn't linger in your hair, which can be good or bad, depending on what you want. I personally wish the smell did linger, but oh well. I was worried that the little bits of seaweed would tangle up in my hair, but I never had an issue. A bar of this will last me about 3 months of everyday use, and considering this is only a little over $10, I think that's an awesome value. Just make sure to store it in a soap dish away from the stream of the shower, otherwise it will get kind of gooey if it never dries fully.
If you have oily hair, check this out! You may become a shampoo bar convert like me. :) (Also try Jumping Juniper and New! if you have oily hair...those work super well too!)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2013 6:04:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

I really wanted to love this shampoo. It smells so fresh and clean, lathered great, and left no build up, BUT...it was super drying and dulled my hair to the point of no shine. My usually silky feeling hair feels a bit more brittle since using this stuff. It also loses its circular shape and turns into a congealed ball of gel with seaweed bits in it. I'm not sure if that's normal or if I just got a bad one, but I was unfortunately not impressed with this stuff. I'm open to trying other Lush shampoos, but I sadly won't be repurchasing this stuff again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2013 11:08:00 PM More reviews by absolia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great basic shampoo to keep on hand. I use it whenever I feel product build-up and in my last shampoo before re-dyeing my hair [since it has salt and will pull the dye out, beware!]. It lathers soo easily and richly. It keeps my hair looking good for a lot longer than most shampoos.