September 3, 2014 | 1041 users online

Makeup Brushes - MAC - #187 Duo Fiber Face Brush (Stippling, Skunk Brush)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/19/2013 12:07:00 AM More reviews by lisa0710

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This brush is every thing I hoped for and more! Applies my liquid foundation (Studio sculpt) or tinted moisturiser if I want a little bit less coverage, both with a flawless finish. I had been looking for a brush for so long that didn't leave my makeup looking blotchy and uneven on my already uneven skin tone and I've definitely found it!!

rated 4 of 5 on 12/12/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by deesoso

I have been wanting to buy this brush for awhile. I bought the mac pro long wear foundaton at the same time. I quite like it distributes the foundation in pixelated spots. I was surprised at how light it actualy is. The price is quite high but I decided to go for it because I was going to be using it as my daily foundation price. I really don't regret the purchase. I was freaking out expecting shedding but I haven't seen any yet. Then again I have only used it about 2 times.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/7/2013 8:57:00 AM More reviews by sanae09

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I personally like this brush. I have never really used any other stippling brushes so my review is not based on a comparison. I use this to apply my tinted moisturizer / BB cream, liquid/ powder/ cream foundation, and to blend concealer/ blush/ highlighter/ bronzer. It def gives the smooth finish despite many flaws of mine;) No flawless but happy enough!

Only one complaint would be, like many others have noted, SHEDDING… especially right after I wash the brush (for a good 2 days to a week). It is kind of embarrassing to have short thick black fibers all over my face..

I believe I was lucky enough to find this brush at an outlet (the CCS) years ago, so it was cheaper.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/27/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is an ok stippling brush. I mainly use it to apply a finishing powder since it's the softest brush I own. It is good for foundation application, though I feel I get a more flawless look using a sponge. I do like it, but it's too expensive for what it does.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/4/2013 11:54:00 AM More reviews by Cherishedadvice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Ok....my previous review was for using the 187 brush with my MUFE matte velvet foundation which is a liquid. I recently switched back to Bare Minerals matte and tried this brush. It's still sheds but its minor the more I use it. This brush works PERFECT with my mineral foundation, hence it is a mineral foundation brush. It stipples and buffs it in wonderfully. I stick with my previous review for this brush when using liquid foundation, but with mineral foundation it's a dream!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2013 12:05:00 AM More reviews by StephKatz1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

After using what I thought was a decent blush brush (MAC 129) and what I heard was the best bronzer brush (NARS) this blows both away, while doing those two jobs with one tool. Both those brushes seem crude in comparison -

the 187 it like painting watercolour on your face, I can't think of a better way to describe - it distributes powder products beautifully. It blends with ease and colours seem to melt in and become part of your skin, as opposed to sitting on top of your skin. I also appreciate it's versatility. My only gripe is the price: $50 CND plus tax, which is alot of money. I wish I bought this brush in the first place though, which cost less than the other two combined. If I were to start building a brush collection from scratch, this would be the first one I picked up.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/31/2013 11:40:00 AM More reviews by Teetska

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this brush is OK. but honestly I would expect more out of a 40 dollar (USD) MAC brush. the only reason I say that is because I've been using it for over a month now, and cleaning it once a week with Sephora's anti bacterial brush shampoo and it STILL SHEDS.. I use it with Macs face and body foundation which is water based so this is perfect to buff with because it takes a lot of buffing and blending for this foundation to look right.. but I find this brush not the greatest if I don't have time to sit there and buff my face for 10 minutes.. it can leave you looking a bit streaky.. over all, a good brush. but I would be open to purchasing another brand if something were to happen to it..

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2013 9:09:00 PM More reviews by CamiWillians

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product is great but the price is the reason I won't buy again!

It's an amazing brush and it seems to be made for otherwise unwearable blushes and MSF's (MAC's mineralized skin finishes), but honestly, I find myself reaching for my Kohl's Flirt! feather dust-her more often. It's similar to the 187 except a bit smaller and obviously less dense, and it only costs $7, so I feel a little more comfortable using it with my powder foundation. The 187 is a hot brush, but it sheds a lot during washes and it cost me too much to break.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2013 7:41:00 PM More reviews by AuroraSom

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I personally really like this brush, I personally think that people just don't really use it correctly. I was watching enkoremakeup on YouTube and he was talking about how to use it. You just stipple your foundation on not stipple then buff in. He said if you use the stipple then buff in technique then just use the 129 brush or something. I use this to stipple on my foundation and it definitely takes more time as you really have to make sure that your stippled it on all over and that there aren't any dots on your face when your done. I have actually had that happen to me and it sucked. This brush basically presses the foundation onto the skin and it can give that airbrush look because you're not rubbing your foundation in which eliminates that dewyness

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by IloveShuUemura

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first Stippling brush. Before this, I used to use the lightbulb sponge from Shu Uemura to apply foundation. But a sponge absorbs too much products and I find it kinda wasteful so I decided to buy a brush to apply it. Imma big fan of Shu Uemura and initially wanted to purchase their foundation brush but one small foundation brush cost almost 90 SGD. So I went out online and watch makeup tutorials and discovered that many ppl used stippling brush to apply their liquid foundation. Many recommended Sigma and M.A.C but I thought to myself that I am not going to spend anything more than 30 SGD for a freaking makeup brush. So I went to the Watsons which is a Drugstore in Singapore to purchase a cheaper brush. But when I used it on my face, it starts to shred on every part of my face and I had to waste time to get rid of those hairs that is apparently sticking onto my face due to the liquid foundation. Hence,I decided that maybe I should invest in a good brush. Well, there is no Sigma available in Singapore so I went ahead to purchase it from M.A.C and guess what? I'm in love with it right now. It gave a beautiful finish and it felt so soft on my skin. It will shred one or two strand but it's okay. I love the feeling of this brush on my face. Although it is about 84 SGD but it can last for many years so it's kinda worth the money. I will definitely recommend this to my friends.