April 18, 2014 | 1930 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this... it is so silky and smooth. I use a sponge and basiclly use it just to even out skin tone...I have Very Light, and it matches me perfectly (NW20). I have been dry lately, so I have to be careful that Im moisterized before hand, because it will show the flakies, but its really not awful. I could see it being pretty bad if you were really dry. But I love!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. I'm pleasantly surprised by shiseido. It seems like they are going downhill with their foundations recently.
I use a primer=borgese, let it dry and then apply this. This has a perfect finish immediately afterwards...O20 is my perfect match for NC 25.
It seems to do better if I use a little loose powder on top.
I have to blot after a few hours, but i have to do that with every foundation.
Just doesn't last the entire day. Probably better for dry skin, but will be okay until i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm on my second Shiseido Stick foundation in O60 and I'm a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. This is my closest color match for any DS or Dept store brand, so I am loyal, but the staying power of only 4-6 hours and tendency to transfer are downsides. The packaging is great, I dab straight from the tube and blend with Beautyblender.Then I take time to set the makeup because if I don't powder, this will end up everything, from my hands to my cellphone. Also, it's quite emollient, so I get shiny within 3 hours on my t-zone (I am combo skin), and powder throughout day. These are minor things IMO, though, for the color match, the lightweightness, and the medium-full coverage this makeup gives. It's a really great product if you have normal / dry / combo skin and find your color match and don't mind touching up here and there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation providing medium coverage and suitable for those with combination skin. It lasts all day and can double up as a concealer. I just blend it out with my fingers after applying some quick strokes on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.... I'm done in under 20 seconds! The finish is really natural too. I usually like to do a super light dusting of MUFE microfinish powder on top, although the finish is really nice already without it. I received many compliments when wearing this foundation. Also, it is not drying and never looks cakey.

The packaging is great for vacation when you don't want to pack a concealer, liquid foundation, and brushes for each.... this does both jobs and the finish is great even by blending with fingers. It's also ideal for long flights when you want to limit the amount of beauty items in your purse but need to look decent!

I did my own makeup for my wedding and chose to use this foundation (under Laura Mercier translucent powder) over my many others for its natural finish and staying power. The combination left me oil free for at least 10 hours on a super busy and a little stressful wedding day! I got lots of compliments for how natural it looked, and it turned out really nicely in photographs too.

Hightly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Vain1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I love it for its obvious portability, the quality of the packaging and best of all - the product is amazing. This is a non-oily stick foundation that glides effortlessly! Blending is a dream, and I need only use my fingers to get flawless even coverage. The coverage is medium to full - without looking fake or cakey. The finish is a soft matte, with every so slight luminosity - very natural and healthy looking finish. My skins tends to be oily - but I don't find this product exacerbates the problem and I do think it has reasonable staying power. At the end of the day, I still have foundation on my face and it doesn't appear to be faded, which is a good sign. I have been suffering breakouts and wanted something to cover active breakouts as well as the discolouration - this does a great job at that, w/o causing breakouts. This is a very gentle foundation. Really, really loving it. Also, although I'm a light-medium to medium skinned girl, I found the O60 shade to work perfectly, which I think speaks to the effortlessly blendability of the product as I could've also gone for the O40 (lighter shade).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a great foundation! I find the coverage is good without looking cakey. I find it easy to use, just apply and blend with fingers. For an even better finish, using a sponge gives a nice flawless finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by evillittleme

I bought this product several years ago as a change from my regular Shiseido foundation. Compared to other Shiseido products on the market (i.e. Hydro-Liquid Compact), I was not a fan of this one.

I found the product was actually tough to get on my skin and I had to keep rubbing the stick over and over the same spot to get it on me.

I did not like the feeling of it either. The colour was off for my skin tone (far too orange), so it did not give me even coverage.

After multiple failed attempts to use the product successfully, I never bothered to use the rest of the stick and it has been sitting in my makeup drawer ever since.

Considering the price is somewhat exhorbitant to begin with, I wouldn't bother.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/15/2011 7:22:00 PM More reviews by starrynight8

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I usually don't like to use cream/stick foundations because I find that it slides off my oily skin quicker than liquid or mineral foundation. I was, however, pleasantly surprised by this foundation; it doesn't slide off my face the second after apply it, like most other foundations do. It goes on fairly dry/matte, so I would recommend moisturizing first, as it will accentuate dry spots. I have oily skin, so this isn't an issue for me. (It funny, 'cause on their website, they say that this foundation is geared towards normal to dry skin... maybe it's good for all skin types?)

What IS an issue for me is the appearance of my skin. I have TERRIBLE skin. I have manymanymany active breakouts as well as scarring and pigmentation (sadly, no treatment so far is working. :( ) I found that this provides great coverage for my blemishes, while not looking cakey at all. I would say this gives medium-full coverage, but I wouldn't suggest layering it multiple times. (Because, as with any other foundation, many layers will look cakey.)
In case if any of you were wondering, this doesn't break me out either, but my acne isn't a result of what goes on my face.( it's more of a result of hormones, as I am a teen.) My skin isn't all that sensitive, so if you do have sensitive skin, I do suggest you read through the ingredients and pick out ingredients that may or may not work for you.

The only problem I seem to have with this foundation is the fact that there is very little product for the amount of money that I paid. You only get 10 grams for $42 - I don't exactly consider this a steal. If, however, you do, by all means, go buy this foundation, because it is one of the best foundations I have ever put on my face. I do feel that this is too pricey for me, so I don't think I'll be buying again. I'll try to find another one that I like just as much, but not as expensive. If there is no other alternative, I'll repurchase, but as of now, I won't buy it again.

Color reference: I have the shade B20 and I'm about NC20-25 in MAC.

I hope this review helps! :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2011 5:01:00 PM More reviews by Wood_stock

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

at the moment my favourite foundation, it looks very natural and the ingredients are excelent!

rated 3 of 5 on 3/1/2011 6:07:00 PM More reviews by CaroSaid

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this after reading recommendations here on this site. I prefer high-quality make-up that is quick and easy to use. I liked what I saw in the store, but I think we all realize that store lighting is usually not the best place to judge this type of stuff. I'm pale and I20 leaned towards too yellow. I00 made me look ashy and ghoulish. All in all, there was no match. What's worse is that this particular line seemed to highlight even the tiniest bit of flaking or dryness anywhere on my face. My belief is that this make-up is more suited for oily types and not the combination to dry skin that I possess. Lastly, though it seemed to go on matte, after a few hours I would find my skin looking slightly shiny. Though it may be quick and easy to use, at the end of the day, it's a beautiful and natural-looking finish that you're after with foundation. This, unfortunately, did not deliver that for me.