July 31, 2014 | 1964 users online

Stick - Shiseido - The makeup Stick Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2012 1:12:00 PM More reviews by Rosie1644

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this foundation to throw in your purse and not worry about it making a mess. i have pretty good skin no breakouts, normal to combination (oily t-zone) and it stays on all day even on hot days. this is in my traveling bag. i am about NC25 and O20 is a perfect match.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/8/2012 3:40:00 AM More reviews by Dancer85

I love how this foundation goes on and stays on, particularly when set with a bit of powder. The colour selection is great for me. I have slightly yellow undertone to my skin and I find Shiseido foundations suit me well. This product has a beautiful satin finish that hasn't broken me out. I have normal skin but prone to breakouts. The only real downside of this product is if you love full coverage foundation this is not the product for you. However it's a lovely light-medium coverage foundation that bulids well. Love it.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2012 6:19:00 PM More reviews by JMB0802

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got the color corrector one. It's greenish yellow and takes all my redness away. I put foundation over it, but I could see just using this. I just blend it with my fingers. It has spf in it too.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/30/2012 9:11:00 PM More reviews by lanih2003

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I love this... it is so silky and smooth. I use a sponge and basiclly use it just to even out skin tone...I have Very Light, and it matches me perfectly (NW20). I have been dry lately, so I have to be careful that Im moisterized before hand, because it will show the flakies, but its really not awful. I could see it being pretty bad if you were really dry. But I love!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2012 5:57:00 PM More reviews by LoriLond

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Okay. I'm pleasantly surprised by shiseido. It seems like they are going downhill with their foundations recently.
I use a primer=borgese, let it dry and then apply this. This has a perfect finish immediately afterwards...O20 is my perfect match for NC 25.
It seems to do better if I use a little loose powder on top.
I have to blot after a few hours, but i have to do that with every foundation.
Just doesn't last the entire day. Probably better for dry skin, but will be okay until i find something better.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by xtinahb

I'm on my second Shiseido Stick foundation in O60 and I'm a NC30/C4 light tan Asian gal. This is my closest color match for any DS or Dept store brand, so I am loyal, but the staying power of only 4-6 hours and tendency to transfer are downsides. The packaging is great, I dab straight from the tube and blend with Beautyblender.Then I take time to set the makeup because if I don't powder, this will end up everything, from my hands to my cellphone. Also, it's quite emollient, so I get shiny within 3 hours on my t-zone (I am combo skin), and powder throughout day. These are minor things IMO, though, for the color match, the lightweightness, and the medium-full coverage this makeup gives. It's a really great product if you have normal / dry / combo skin and find your color match and don't mind touching up here and there.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2011 3:10:00 AM More reviews by 123456j

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

This is a great foundation providing medium coverage and suitable for those with combination skin. It lasts all day and can double up as a concealer. I just blend it out with my fingers after applying some quick strokes on my forehead, cheeks, nose, and chin.... I'm done in under 20 seconds! The finish is really natural too. I usually like to do a super light dusting of MUFE microfinish powder on top, although the finish is really nice already without it. I received many compliments when wearing this foundation. Also, it is not drying and never looks cakey.

The packaging is great for vacation when you don't want to pack a concealer, liquid foundation, and brushes for each.... this does both jobs and the finish is great even by blending with fingers. It's also ideal for long flights when you want to limit the amount of beauty items in your purse but need to look decent!

I did my own makeup for my wedding and chose to use this foundation (under Laura Mercier translucent powder) over my many others for its natural finish and staying power. The combination left me oil free for at least 10 hours on a super busy and a little stressful wedding day! I got lots of compliments for how natural it looked, and it turned out really nicely in photographs too.

Hightly recommended!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2011 8:11:00 AM More reviews by Vain1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised with this product. I love it for its obvious portability, the quality of the packaging and best of all - the product is amazing. This is a non-oily stick foundation that glides effortlessly! Blending is a dream, and I need only use my fingers to get flawless even coverage. The coverage is medium to full - without looking fake or cakey. The finish is a soft matte, with every so slight luminosity - very natural and healthy looking finish. My skins tends to be oily - but I don't find this product exacerbates the problem and I do think it has reasonable staying power. At the end of the day, I still have foundation on my face and it doesn't appear to be faded, which is a good sign. I have been suffering breakouts and wanted something to cover active breakouts as well as the discolouration - this does a great job at that, w/o causing breakouts. This is a very gentle foundation. Really, really loving it. Also, although I'm a light-medium to medium skinned girl, I found the O60 shade to work perfectly, which I think speaks to the effortlessly blendability of the product as I could've also gone for the O40 (lighter shade).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by dioraddict84

This is a great foundation! I find the coverage is good without looking cakey. I find it easy to use, just apply and blend with fingers. For an even better finish, using a sponge gives a nice flawless finish.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/4/2011 1:24:00 AM More reviews by evillittleme

I bought this product several years ago as a change from my regular Shiseido foundation. Compared to other Shiseido products on the market (i.e. Hydro-Liquid Compact), I was not a fan of this one.

I found the product was actually tough to get on my skin and I had to keep rubbing the stick over and over the same spot to get it on me.

I did not like the feeling of it either. The colour was off for my skin tone (far too orange), so it did not give me even coverage.

After multiple failed attempts to use the product successfully, I never bothered to use the rest of the stick and it has been sitting in my makeup drawer ever since.

Considering the price is somewhat exhorbitant to begin with, I wouldn't bother.