LUSH Fair Trade Foot Lotion

3.5

on 1/2/2013 8:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Wow, love this one. Surprisingly it helped me with a foot crack I had. It was a small tiny one on my heel, and quite persistent - I tried Uriage waxy stuff on it to no result. So, the pros:
- it works
- nice smell
- refreshes after sports
cons:
- colors bed sheets

on 9/23/2012 3:45:00 AM

This product has to be my favorite lush product and its a gift from god. I didn't try this for a 'lotion' effect(though it is alright at that)I bought it because its designed to help relax muscles.

This doesn't work amazing after your feet already hurt, but I apply it ever morning before work(Cashier and on my feet all the time) and it prevents 80% of the pain I got without it. I will continue to use it.

The only real con I have is that it can change consistency in heat and become a little runny after a while. Meaning if the tub is knocked over it can leak, but putting it in a spot where it won't fixes that.

Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure

I don't remember what this looked like when I first bought it, but it didn't take too long for this product to disintegrate into a very thin pinkish watery oily liquid in my hot climate. Plus, the jar is really not suitable for a product of this consistency, unless it was originally a buttery creamy texture. It was never cooling as far as I can remember and it's too runny to really moisturize. I'm not too picky about what I put on my feet so I'm still trying to get through it.

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

I have really really dry skin on my feet area and this product didn't seem to do much for it. It wasn't anything great for my feet so I started using as a moisturizer when my moisturizer got over just because I had spent money on it and couldn't let it go waste. Its really moisturizing for a normal moisturizer I swear I haven't had a more moisturized skin than what it gave me only if other Lush moisturizers were as good, so I would have bought it again as a normal moisturizer but a bubblegum smelling body lotion? Don't think so.

on 5/8/2012 10:48:00 AM

Nothing spectacular, I won't miss it when it's gone. It doesn't really moisturize that well.

on 4/5/2012 10:20:00 AM

I'm a big fan of Lush soaps. So a friend gifted me her tub of Fair Trade. Since then, its been sitting in my fridge and went well past its expiration date. My hands have been horribly dry lately from constant washing and the harsh soap in my office building. I happened to spot this little tubby in the very back of my fridge last night and decided well why not. I need something thick for my hands. I slathered some on my hands and feet. I'm not terribly crazy about the peppermint but its growing on me. My skin soaked this stuff up and then some. I slathered a second helping on after an hour. This morning there is a huge noticible difference in both my hands and my feet. They feel so soft....even for my ravaged and damaged cuticles. I have tried just about all the expensive and greasy hand creams. This is not greasy at all after it soaks in. I may have to stuff this one in my desk drawer to use as a daily hand cream. Love it love it love it and going to Lush for a fresh tub. I'm not crazy about the container, or the smell, but this stuff has saved my poor hands today.

on 2/12/2012 10:43:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt to find the best foot product to smooth my cracked heels and make my tired feet feel rejuvenated. I'm on my feet quite a bit, walking around campus every day and working long restaurant hours 5 days a week, so my feet aren't in the best shape. Fair Trade Foot Lotion really surprised me because it took care of many of my issues with my feet.
First of all, the lotion is a pretty pink color, which I appreciate since almost every other foot cream is white and boring. And I love the smell of this. It's very strong and minty, but there's a sweetness to it. I didn't think this lotion was going to smooth down my heels very well because this lotion is quite thin for a foot product. But every time I use this, there is a noticeable difference in the appearance of my heels. I still use a foot file a few times a week, so this isn't a miracle worker, but it really does help soften up your feet.
My favorite thing about this lotion is how it tingles after applying it. It's not a strong or uncomfortable tingle, but it really relaxes your feet and makes them feel so much better after long days of standing. For this reason alone I would recommend this foot lotion to anyone that walks or runs often or that has a job that requires them to be on their feet for long hours.
The only thing I dislike about Fair Trade is that it is quite greasy. This isn't a foot cream you can rub on, throw on some shoes and run out the door with. I only wear this with socks or before bed. Otherwise, you'll be slipping and sliding around all day!
One more thing I have to mention is the expiration date. My tub came with a 1 year expiration date, but I didn't finish it all up before then. It has now been almost a year past the expiration date (shows you how much I forget to pamper my feet!), but this product really hasn't changed at all. The smell and consistency are exactly the same, and this product still works at repairing my feet. The only real change I've noticed is that I don't get as much of the tingle effect that I used to. I know some Lush products become awful once the expiration date passes, but I just wanted to let people know that this one is totally fine to continue using.
Overall, this is a really nice foot lotion at a decent price. I definitely recommend this to anyone whose feet need a pick-me-up at the end of the day.

on 2/5/2012 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This was .... okay. not especially moisturising, but the worst part is the smell! i didnt realise it would be so strong, even if it wasnt for the smell i wouldnt buy it again, nothing special. Its not very creamy, quite liquidy which I don't like either.

on 2/1/2012 12:46:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Fair Trade Foot Lotion is a foot lotion by Lush which is bright pink and contains peppermint and spearmint. The scent isn't a strong in-your-face mint (like toothpaste, for example) but smells more like chewing gum. It contains arnica which gets rid of pain, bruising and swelling. After applying, it makes your feet feel cool and absorbs quickly, so your feet don't feel too greasy. It makes my feet feel soft, refreshed and has helped with my dry heels. It also helps to prevent foot odour. It is a nice product and if your feet need a bit of pampering, then you should get it. :)

on 4/17/2011 9:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This to me is just a regular lotion and I could have just used my normal body lotion and for a quater if the price! Hate the peppermint smell and at almost 10 a tub it's so not worth it! Can find better stuff out there, can't wait to finish this stuff up!