Creative Nail Design Solar Oil

4.3

Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Oil, Fragrance (Parfum), Tocopheryl Acetate.

on 7/24/2014 11:01:00 PM

I love this oil, I don't love the price! All the ingredients are readily available (sweet almond, jojoba, rice bran and vit E oils) which you can mix for a tiny fraction of the price. I've done this with great success. Anyway it works very well to soften the cuticles and keep the nail plate flexible. My nails are too thin to grow without any help but I can imagine that for many this oil would be sufficient to keep your nails strong. A nail tech advised me to use this over polish, gel polish, hard gels and even acrylics. Apparently they are all slightly porous and oil helps keep them from drying out and cracking which prolongs your mani. It's the jojoba oil that is really important as its molecular structure is the smallest. Apparently with regular use this can even penetrate to the nail plate through your enhancement. I recommend it but won't repurchase - I'll keep making my own!

on 7/7/2014 11:06:00 PM

I have purchased 3 of the CND vinylux range now, and really love the formula! I had heard a lot about 'Solar Oil' and that it was great for your cuticles, so when I saw it during my latest OPI haul, I snapped it up.

I was surprised that it was so expensive: $15 for a 15ml bottle (size of their regular polishes). The box was beautiful, but I was surprised upon opening it, that the bottle, was exactly the same as CND's polishes, with brush and all.

When attempting to use this oil, I found the packaging to be very annoying, as the last thing you want is to be grappling with a little bottle of oil when your fingers are all slippy.

The oil itself has a pleasant subtle smell of sweet almond (which I love!) I wish the scent was slightly stronger and lasted longer however. The consistency of the oil was probably my fave thing, as it was not overly oily and soaked into my nail beds relatively quickly....

Saying that however, I did not feel that this oil actually nourished my nails enough, and would find myself putting additional cream on my nails throughout the day.

I have used this product every day for over a week now, and honestly.... I believe it is a waste of money :(

You can check out swatches for my CND purchases @hj_nails on Instagram.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool

Absolutely love this product. I do my own gel manicures and this finishes it just like in the nail salons. It's never been greasy or oily. Absorbs fast but still moisturizes my cuticles better than any other oil.

The Butter London representative at ULTA had me try their brand and I was NOT impressed. She claimed it was better than CNDs because it's made with coconut oil instead of almond oil -- her story was that the CND solar oil went bad in her car because it has a lower boiling point. So maybe don't leave it in your car during hot summer days? Hasn't been a problem for me.

I've bought this product as a gift too. Will probably buy more just so I have a backup. It's my go to cuticle oil!(:

For my purse though, I really like The Body Shop's 'Almond Nail and Cuticle Oil'. It's got a turn-click dispensing stick, so you don't have to worry about it getting all over. AND it makes my nails/cuticles feel wonderful! One of my colleagues suggested I try it (we nurses really beat up our hands!) and I make sure to ALWAYS have it in my work bag.

on 3/30/2014 6:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

so far I've used this 2-3 times a week. It does seem to moisturize my cuticles fairly enough. also it does dry a little faster than some of the other cheaper oils I've used. smells mainly of almond.

on 1/25/2014 1:53:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This stuff has saved my nails! I try to aim for applying it 2x/day but only end up remembering 1x/day to every other day average. This stuff drys nail polish fast too like the expensive opi accelerating drops or sprays but I get a teeny bottle of this for $2! Just add a drop at base of nails by cuticle and let it run along the side about 5min after painting your nails. I also have noticed that I never get hangnails anymore so its even got long term benefits. My nails used to peel back at the tips, crack at the sides and my cuticle would look ragged. I religiously use thick oil based lotions so this one has all of those oils that all the other brands are bragging about as their main ingredients but I've been researching it and some don't work with out the others since their too small to actually penetrate the nail plate and this product has all of them in one! They deserve to brag about it but don't since its been around for so long. I cant live without it and it works no matter how irregularly I use it. Results were seen after maybe about a week of using it. I dont have to clip cuticle ever again either. It definately helps with all the trauma of all the chemicals in nail polish remover etc from affecting your nails. My whole familys nails are thin i guess its genetics and this stuff beats it!

on 1/2/2014 10:17:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

this smells so good that i had to taste it. not bad.

on 12/15/2013 12:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

When I first got gel nails done, the woman suggested I get Solar oil and use it religiously. I have problems with overgrown and dry cuticles also-solar oil has taken all of that away. I use this everyday, several times a day. This stuff really works. I find it cost effective to go online and buy the big 2 oz size. Go out and get this!

on 11/26/2013 9:53:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I love this product. It keeps my cuticles moisturized and smooth. It smells amazing and the smell actually makes me want to use it more.

Yes, I do think it is a little overpriced and that there is nothing really 'special' to it - it is just a few different oils mixed together and I could probably whip it up myself at home. Would I want the hassle of mixing it up at home? No way.

on 10/26/2013 2:45:00 PM

I got my first manicure in 1990, and that stylist put Solar Oil on my nails to dry my polish quicker. I had never heard of it before and was amazed at how well it worked, so I bought a bottle. I have never been without it in 23 years. I have recently started applying it nightly as a cuticle conditioning oil, but I have always used it as a nail polish dryer every time I paint my nails. Love the smell, consistency, and especially the way it dries my polish in minutes. Will continue to purchase oner and over.

on 9/20/2013 6:25:00 PM

Definitely a HG product for me! I love cuticle oils and have many different brands, scents, etc. And this one is by far my favorite!! It sinks in fast, very moisturizing, and smells great! The price is in the middle for me. Supply stores have it for a reasonable price, while it's kinda pricey at Ulta. Bottom line- great product and definitely repurchasing!

Popular Treatments