September 3, 2014 | 1613 users online

Pressed Powders - Christian Dior - Diorskin Pressed Powder

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2009 4:05:00 PM More reviews by Rholynn

I absolutely love this product!

I've noticed during the summer that liquid foundations tend to oil up on me early on during my work day, I end up having to blot twice during the day and by 4pm my MU is a mess. (I start my day at 530am)

So I figured I needed something lighter to wear for work, and I decided on powder foundation after reading a review for Milani. Their powder foundation was fine, it just didn't do a great job with coverage and keeping oil at bay (mind you, it did a better job than liquid foundation)

I've always wanted to try Dior's pressed powder foundation but was too cheap to spend the $40. But after some self-debate, I gave in and bought it. I am SO glad I did. I LOVE this powder. It's milled well, the scent isn't too strong (although if you don't like scented things this may not work for you), and it applies/blends so well. I use a flat top brush or a kabuki brush. I haven't used the sponge yet and I probably wont.

The powder lasts all day, and I only blot once through 4pm. This could very well be HG for me.

Important note: I use MAC prep+prime SPF 50 underneath it which is ALSO a god-send.

I love love love love love this pressed powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by salmak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product, comes on my face very nicely and matches my exact skintone, the price is a bit high and I feel like there isn't much in it because mine runs out fast, maybe because I use it with a brush not the sponge??? Anyways I am on my 5th one and for sure would go to my 6th.....

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/23/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OK the sponge that this compact comes with is absolutely awful, but the texture and consistency of the pressed powder itself is lovely. I have Chanel pressed powder which I do love, but wanted to try something new. This is a little lighter to me, a little less cakey and a bit more dewy. It is so soft to the touch. I use Lancome no. 7 brush to put it on (a flat round brush, very soft) and I like the look I can achieve. Not much coverage, but there is some, and around my nose it particularly looks very nice, a little powdery at first, but it settles really pretty and as I said, dewy. I am enjoying this as an alternative to Chanel, and I am using it every day now. In the summer, it may be different, but we'll see whenever summer roles around - right now, it's freezing and this works nicely. BTW, I detect no scent per se.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/10/2008 1:27:00 PM More reviews by chanel277

Although they told me that this is exactly the same with the loose version,Personally I found it quite inferior and I quite like the loose version of this product.The packaging is good but the powder puff is hideous.The shades are not perfect for me(too peachy).The texture is great so soft and smooth,it's an oil free powder and that was the biggest motive to purchase this powder,doesn't defeat shine or oil production well enough and I think that for a sheer,transparent powder has quite thick formula.Has natural matte-luminous finish.Unfortunately this product doesn't work that good for me the loose version looks much better on me.Also I found the scent quite strong and annoying

rated 1 of 5 on 8/4/2008 12:57:00 PM More reviews by blackowlive

I wanted to like this product because Diorskin is so alluring in the advertisements, but the actual product fell short of my expectations. My face got oily and look caked minutes after applying it. The color is too orangey pink. I found, oddly enough, that I looked better with no makeup on at all with fresh looking skin than I did wearing this powder. I couldn't wait to take it off!! Poor color match and the quality is lousy for the price.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/5/2008 6:20:00 AM More reviews by babykitten9

I LOVE this powder. It's so gorgeous and natural looking. The lightest shade is the perfect match for my very fair skin. I am really impressed with the quality of this finely milled powder! No breakouts either.
I took one point off of packaging quality because the powder puff that comes with the powder is crap.
I have been using it for a long time (after they discontinued my beloved Diorlight powder) and have been extremely happy with this product.
On the other hand the price is a killer! Unfortunately I had to stop using it for that reason - having a little child and tight budget are great cures for make-up junkies like myself ;-)
I will definitely buy it again when my boss decides it's time to double my salary :-)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/29/2008 3:46:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

This is one of the best pressed powder out there.
I have been using it since I was a teenager I guess - yes it has changed packaging many times ever since - but mind you, I keep it in my purse just for retouch during the day. I alternate btw this one and Chanel (also very good).
It is a superb powder, very finely milled, never looks chalky, does not whiten your skin tone or foundation shade (as it is transparent and has not pigment).
There are only two little con's:
1) the spongy duster destroys the second week - it just falls apart and you need to change it (i know it woud be better using a brush, but in you tiny m/u bag there is no room for such a thing) and
2) the powder - if by mistake you let the compact fall on the floor - easily breaks into pieces (maybe not pressed enough??) thing tht deos not happen with Chanel , for instance.
However, by all means an excellent pressed powder, for all skintypes.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2008 6:03:00 AM More reviews by frauschnitzel

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Until recently, I had been using MAC Studiofix on top of my foundation, and whilst it was very effective for sustainability and maximal coverage, it was starting to get too heavy and cakey for my temperamental skin, and tended to crack and crease (and in summer, charmingly streak all over the place). So I was looking for a powder that was lightly tinted but still quite sheer (not entirely translucent), that would set and mattify my foundation rather than build on it.
I chose the 601 Transparent Light, which is a good match for my neutral pale complexion, and doesn't turn it oompa-loompa orange like a lot of powders seem to freakishly do. It appears to be quite talcy, which I was worried would make me break out (my skin's very sensitive, and talc is evil), but so far so good.
The packaging is rather pretty - the compact looks delicate and quite luxurious with its dark blue and gold motif, and comes in a little velvet pouch. The texture of the powder itself is quite pleasant - it feels silky and fine, not grainy or abrasive like a lot of others I've tried, and doesn't seem inclined to clog up or get flaky. The finish is a polished, photogenic, professional-looking, matte but not pancakey one, and does a nice and fairly durable job of minimising my shiny patches.
If my skin was in a better state (it's going through a blotchy, spotty phase at the moment) and I was after a more natural, dewy effect, I'd be tempted to use this on its own and forgo foundation entirely.
I found the application puff pretty useless. It absorbs and retain too much product, and is far too small to do the job properly. It's acceptable for little touch-ups, but I prefer to initially apply the powder with a brush.
This product is also quite heavily fragranced (unsurprising with Dior, whose foundations I've found can often smell overpowering and almost sickly). It's not offensive, but a little too strong for my liking.
Overall, this isn't the best powder I've ever tried, but it's making my skin feel and look quite happy, so I'd probably buy it again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2008 3:24:00 AM More reviews by amethyst222

pro: oil-free, hides pores, perfect for touch up, nice packaging
makes your skin look nice
con: pricey, fades quickly

this is such a GREAT pressed powder!! i bought the transparent one. well, this doesn't have any coverage at all, and its really good for touch ups.
i think this fine powder hides all your pores, and makes your skin look very smooth and nice. your skin looks flawless yet natural. the powder tends to fade away somewhat quickly though(i have oily skin).
the packaging is very nice, too. the little puff that comes along looks kinda bad, but actually its good. feels very soft, applies powder evenly and well, and always remains the same no matter how many times you wash it.
i know its very pricey, but i dare say this powder is worth your money!!! i would repurchase it unless i find something cheaper with this great quality. i strongly recommand this product, but only if you dont care about spending $40 on a 10g powder. i tell you, this is great. check this out.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/17/2008 3:16:00 PM More reviews by ttss22

This is the powder I use all the time (No. 601). My skin is rather oily, so I use it throughout the day. I put it on as a finishing touch and it gives me this perfect polished look. It does not cake, it is extremely light and it does not clog my pores. The only problem is that it does not last that long.