October 25, 2014 | 1064 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Satin - Arena

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 1:44:00 AM More reviews by Seficat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great and strangely overlooked neutral. This is a warm peach/apricot satin with just a hint of shimmer. To me this is a colour cross between Tissueweight and Pollinator. It goes on smoothly, blends well and is friendly with other warmtoned es. I mostly use this as a wash with brown el for a fast not too 'done' look.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2012 7:39:00 PM More reviews by slivola

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have recently decided to move towards more natural looking eyeshadows rather than very frosty or glittery shadows as I am now in my early 40s. I have fair yellow toned skin, brown eyes, red hair. I was wearing mac rubenesque paint pot on the lids, a touch of mac all that glitters in the center of the lid to brighten it up, and ricepaper as highlighter. I have replaced rubenesque with arena for a more natural apricot look on my lids. I apply it rather liberally. Then I add a touch of Mac Grain e/s in the center of the lid to brighten it up the way I used to with All that Glitters. I still use ricepaper to highlight and I add Mac forever green e/l for a natural daytime look.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2012 4:43:00 PM More reviews by tetley

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This shade nicely compliments my green eyes.
I have to be careful with peachy shades since i"m so fair however this doesn"t come off orangish at all but rather a light apricot.
Really nice.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2012 1:30:00 PM More reviews by cherylf

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I like this colour. I use it in the crease with the brown from my Belissima duo on top, or on my lid with Antiqued in the crease.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2012 6:25:00 PM More reviews by canadian

NC25/NW25ish. Arena is a pretty peachy-tan color. However I find it almost too natural looking on my lids even when I pack it on. It blends in. I would rather have an eyeshadow with a little more omph to it. I may try to use this as a highlighter. I would not repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/7/2011 12:37:00 AM More reviews by wildcat87

This eye shadow is the one constant I've had in my make-up bag since I started wearing make-up ten years ago in 8th grade. I'm Filipina, and I don't like wearing lots of eye makeup other than liner and mascara, even though I have an eyelid fold. I feel like eye make-up that looks beautiful on non-Asians sometimes looks really "heavy" on Asians...although I have been trying to keep an open mind lately and try new stuff. But for now I'd rather just keep it simple. Luckily, this eye shadow does the job. It's satiny, not shimmery/glittery, eyeshadow that complements my yellow-hued skin well. It looks like my skin, but better. As a reference, the last time I checked I was NC40, but I haven't bought MAC Studio Fix since high school (college and grad school means cutting back on expensive cosmetics). Although I'm still pretty tan naturally, I'd say my skin tone now is more similar to Mila Kunis or Vanessa Hudgens when they were on That 70s Show or in High School Musical, respectively (although I'm no where as gorgeous). My skin tone is more like a fair-medium with a yellow hue, but like them it doesn't look "off" when I am darker due to being outside. But whether I'm tan or not, this eye shadow looks great. Sometimes I put this as a highlighter, sometimes on my entire eyelid. Either way I've gotten many compliments on how my eye make-up looks really nice even when they can't tell what's different about it. It lasts a long time as well.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 12/5/2011 8:54:00 PM More reviews by kohleyes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Maybe its just my individual shadow, but this has no colour payoff, no pigmentation, doesn't go on the brush, doesn't show up. Not impressed, unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 5:06:00 PM More reviews by jenlulz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been using Arena for nearly 3 years, it is one of my favorites by far. It feels very nice and soft. Slightly shimmery which I love.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/25/2011 11:53:00 AM More reviews by Bucephala

This is one of MAC's underrated eyeshadows. One of the MUAs recommended it to me when I said I was looking for a orange eyeshadow to make my blue eyes pop. I absolutely love this colour! It's great for daytime looks with cork in the crease. I'm so glad that the MUA recommended it!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by coffeecupcake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I like this eyeshadow. It's a beige/peachy toned satin color. It gives a very clean look to the entire lid area, and because it's satin , it's not overly chalky looking. It blends quite easily too.
I took one lippie off for the sheerness of the product. You do have to pack in on, and without a good eye primer, it isn't going to last too long. For those having trouble with this too. I found packing it with a sponge tip applicator quite helpful. You guys should give that a try.

I may repurchase if I find nothing better.