Dior Teint Dior Eclat Satin Foundation

3.7

on 7/12/2004 1:38:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

I just got a sample of this from my aunt who lives in France. I am not sure if u can get this particular Dior foundation in the U.S but, if so... Its definitely worth looking into. I tried the Soft Beige & medium Beige in the "beige" category & they both rock. This foundation was actually made for normal to dry skin but, I have oily skin & it held up beautifully all day. This is a full coverage makeup but, doesn't look fake which I like. Its moisturizing & gives a satin flawless finish. Hasn't broken me out yet, been testing for 3 days now. My HG foundation now is La Prairie Caviar but, if I wasn't wearing La Prairie.. I would wear this one. I have to price it here in the states, not sure how much it costs. I highly recommend this one ladies. Its very similar in coverage & look to the La Prairie Caviar one but, w/ out the pricey cost.

on 5/2/2012 2:35:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This is currently the foundation I am using and I really like it. It evens out my skin tone and makes my skin look refreshed and dewy. It applies evenly and easily, does not cake and looks very natural. The coverage is light to medium and does not make me look overly done up. I use a damp sponge when applying it to get light coverage for that perfect everyday glow and I love it!

As a side note, my mom who is in her late 40s also uses this foundation and I can always tell when she has it on because her skin looks younger and has a healthy smooth glow.

The only CON I can think of at this time is that it does have a fairly lasting fragrance. This wouldn’t really be an issue if I liked the smell but unfortunately I am not a big fan. Other than that, I can’t think of too many cons. It’s pricey but the bottle lasts me a very long time.

on 4/25/2012 1:15:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

Best foundation I've ever used. I keep coming back to it because it has good coverage - medium, but you can make it more like full coverage by layering it - and because it doesn't feel heavy on my skin. It has a very dewy finish, and my somewhat dry skin looks moist after I use it. I usually prefer unscented products, and I have noticed that it is strongly (although IMHO not unpleasantly) scented, but after it is on my skin for a short time the scent goes away, so I'm not sure why it bothers people so much...maybe I'm just not as sensitive to it. It works really well with my moisturizer. I've tried other foundations, but I don't know why I bothered because this one just works!

on 6/30/2011 12:43:00 PM

Eclat Satin is a light to medium, very creamy consistency, makeup. It's especially great around the eyes because it glides over fine lines. Sometimes I mix Christian Dior Sculpt Lifting foundation with it for extra coverage. There is the slightest variation of the same color with different types of Dior foundations. I use 202 Cameo in the Sculpt and 022 Cameo in Eclat which are the same color codes, but Sculpt has a slightly yellow hue. I mix Eclat 302 Rosy Beige with Eclat 202 and it matches my skin perfectly. I have combination skin. Yes, the odor of the Eclat is peculiar to say the least, however, I spray my favorite fragrance on my neck and pulse points and that takes care of the Dior smell. Overall, Eclat is a lovely makeup and I have purchased it again...Like another viewer said, buy it on ebay. It's way too expensive in the store and even more expensive on Strawberry Net.

on 4/28/2011 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool

I wanted to like this foundation. It feels really like and it doesn't look like I have foundation on but the problem I had w/it is that it was not long lasting. My mid-day it was pretty much gone. I even used primer and it was fading away. My skin is somewhat oily. The SA said this would not be the best foundation because my skin is somewhat oily but of course I didn't listen and was too curious....she was correct. Other than how long it lasts, it is a good foundation...the color match was perfect and it felt very natural. Really disappointed it did not work out for me :(

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I wish I had looked this up on MUA before purchasing it. I was traveling, and ended up at the Dior counter in the mall. Of course, I am always looking for a foundation better than my current one. The lady at the counter was really helpful, and tried several different foundations on me.
I'm not sure why I didn't notice the smell of this one, though. I guess because I was in a dept. store - but it smells terrible to me! When I got home and put it on, the perfume-y smell was so strong! I really liked the coverage of the foundation, and the color is a perfect match... but I just can't get over the smell. Also, after wearing it for two days in a row - I broke out with a cluster of whiteheads. Gonna have to figure out the easiest way to return this now, since I don't have a Dior counter near me!
Will not buy again.

on 8/21/2009 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

i do not know why there are so many bad reviews about this foundation. i like it lot. i am acne-prone skin and this didnt do anything bad about it. the bump design is great, really convenient and clean, and the color is better for me than MAC foundation. My mom have been using this foundation for several years and she loves it, she is normal to dry skin.

on 8/21/2009 12:15:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Actually I had never bought this foundation and I just used my mom's. I guess this is more for dry skin since it works really well on my mom's face but looks like a mask on my face(my mom is dry-skin type and I'm combination-oily). And it is probably the most expensive foundation I have ever used! $45 for 30ml!

on 4/22/2008 8:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This review is for the diorskin eclat satin. I wouldn't buy this foundation again.
Firstly the colours choices are BAD, either too rosy or too orange/yellow and I even have a yellow undertone in my skin.
I bought #300 which seemed to match in the shop, but once on at home eek! so orange on my NW20 skin.
Not keen on the smell either, it is very perfumed and puts me off.
I find it hard to blend too, it seems to set really quickly.
The foundation is way to moisturising for my skin and doesn't really stay put all that long, I have a few small burst blood vessels on my face which were easily covered by my last foundation but not with this one. I wouldn't buy this foundation again.
Not worth its expensive price tag.

on 1/20/2008 9:25:00 AM

I felt like such a fool when my sister's drug store foundation outperformed this in every way. It is way too peachy and does not absorb very well. I WANT MY MONEY BACK