December 17, 2014 | 1776 users online

Liquid - Dior - Teint Dior Eclat Satin Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2010 2:54:00 AM More reviews by corgi75

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Hmm...such an incredible foundation but such a disgusting intolerable smell!

I spent Months trying nearly every high-end foundation available - NARS, Chanel, YSL, Bobbi Brown, Stila, Estee Lauder, Lancome, Shu Uemura, Guerlain, GA...the whole lot. In the end I decided Shu Uemura's Face Architect topped the lot and this one came second, but Only because of the stench.

Eclat Satin is like satin on your skin - glowy and expensive looking, it glides on with minimal fuss with a good foundation brush and primer underneath, requires very little attention to around eyes/nose/mouth and wears and removes beautifully. There's really nothing at all wrong with it and its finish is just exceptional as a light-medium coverage product when set with good quality powder. But I just could not cope with the smell: at first I thought the smell died off after a while but no, it remains and you can smell it on yourself all day.

I'm a NW20 with some redness and combo/dehydrated skin. Colour #200 was a perfect match for me.

I've given it a 4/5 because really it deserves to get high praise, but the 1 point off is due to the odour.

Get it if you've got a good stomach!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/27/2009 11:46:00 PM More reviews by vmotis

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Many people here have complained about the perfume aspect of this foundation. I have to say that the scent is one of my favorite things about it. It's light, yet rich. The scent can be strong at first, but it fades with wear. I wouldn't think it would be off-putting enough not to wear this.

The product is designed for people who have drier skin, so I wouldn't recommend it if you already have problems with oil. My skin is combination/dry, and I sometimes have problems with the oiliness of this product myself.

The consistency is smooth and creamy. You really only need a small pump to cover your entire face - it goes a long way. I use a foundation brush and just sweep it across my skin. It takes a little while to set into the skin, so you have plenty of time to blend.

Overall, the coverage is wonderful. It doesn't cake into the skin. It still looks good by the end of the day. And you really only need to sweep on some loose powder or use a compact to keep the satin-shine from overpowering your face.

The only thing I dislike about this product is that it's a little heavier than what I'm used to. I can really feel it sit on my skin. That's only a personal preference, however. I'd definitely recommend this product if you're looking for that dewy, smooth look. It works wonders!

EDIT ////

I would not buy this product again. I feel too made-up with it on due to how heavy and rich the liquid is. I've found that even after wearing it and buffing setting powder into my face, it will still get oily to the point where I need to blot or powder too many times throughout the day. I feel like a cake-face with it on. My face just feels like it has this thick layer of slime over it. It rubs off easily, too - leaving marks on my phone, my clothes, my hands.

I've looked in the mirror thinking it will look good, only to feel that my whole face looks like it has been broken out with sweat.

The lightest color is too dark for my skin. It leaves an orangey tint to my face that is very noticeable. May be good to use as a contour foundation under the cheek-bones, but then again, it would look like two dark oil streaks on your face.

I really wanted to like this product. I've tried everything to make it feel right. But I'm disappointed every time. Will not buy this again. Will not recommend it to anyone. I'm very disappointed with Dior in general.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2009 7:22:00 PM More reviews by macismycrack627

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I wish I had looked this up on MUA before purchasing it. I was traveling, and ended up at the Dior counter in the mall. Of course, I am always looking for a foundation better than my current one. The lady at the counter was really helpful, and tried several different foundations on me.
I'm not sure why I didn't notice the smell of this one, though. I guess because I was in a dept. store - but it smells terrible to me! When I got home and put it on, the perfume-y smell was so strong! I really liked the coverage of the foundation, and the color is a perfect match... but I just can't get over the smell. Also, after wearing it for two days in a row - I broke out with a cluster of whiteheads. Gonna have to figure out the easiest way to return this now, since I don't have a Dior counter near me!
Will not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/9/2009 7:53:00 AM More reviews by Succubus1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this foundation! It gives me no problems: It doesn't turn orange like Diorskin Nude, it stays throughout the day, it is non-drying, and it doesn't sink into pores or fine lines. I haven't broken out from it, either. I wear it over moisturizer because I have dry skin and it feels so nice and smooth, not sticky. It doesn't transfer easily, either, so I don't have issues when I touch my face and then, say, touch a piece of paper and there's a beige fingerprint. The color (020) is quite good for me, very neutral and even on the warm side, which is a nice surprise since Dior foundations have been a bit orange/peach on me. Holy Grail!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/26/2009 6:04:00 PM More reviews by forgetfuljones

This review is for the diorskin eclat satin foundation, which I believe is the new version. I haven't tried the older version, but I really like this new foundation! It's not HG (mine is diorskin sculpt), but this is a close second. This gives medium to heavy coverage, and a little goes a long way. One pump gives me even, flawless skin. I have very dry skin year round, and this feels very comfortable . It gives me just enough moisturization without making me look greasy, and it lasts for most of the day. I have 200, which is a medium/light peachy beige. I'm not crazy about the scent, but I can handle it. It's kind of on the granny/powdery side, and it is kind of strong, which most CD foundations are. I have to admit the price for this is outrageous. I believe it's around $45, but I practically stole this on Ebay for $8 plus shipping. I don't know if I would ever pay full price for this or any foundation for that matter, but I would definitely grab another bottle at that price. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2009 3:41:00 PM More reviews by bvbvvbvvv

i do not know why there are so many bad reviews about this foundation. i like it lot. i am acne-prone skin and this didnt do anything bad about it. the bump design is great, really convenient and clean, and the color is better for me than MAC foundation. My mom have been using this foundation for several years and she loves it, she is normal to dry skin.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2009 12:15:00 AM More reviews by chloechan88

Actually I had never bought this foundation and I just used my mom's. I guess this is more for dry skin since it works really well on my mom's face but looks like a mask on my face(my mom is dry-skin type and I'm combination-oily). And it is probably the most expensive foundation I have ever used! $45 for 30ml!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/15/2008 7:57:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Eclat Satin is Dior's moisturizing foundation. It gives the skin a soft glow, a good coverage and is light in texture,. It's ideal for normal/combination skins. I liked it overall, but this has to be the most fragranced foundation I've ever tried (I've tried a lot!). It was really off putting...I just wanted to take it OFF! I was surprised, because fragrance doesn't bother me generally. This is powerful stuff though!! If it weren't for that I'd rate it higher, and actually want to buy it.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/14/2008 12:03:00 PM More reviews by Loumul

I can't say that this is the best foundation ever but it's almost there! The girl who sold it to me in the shop said it would be light in texture and leave a glow with fairly good coverage. It does "exactly what it says on the tin". I let my moisturizer absorb in to my skin for as long as I can before application and I also apply it with a foundation brush and give a light covering of translucent loose powder over it. My skin has a lovely glow and the more I put on the longer it lasts - so less for during the day! I found that a little of this cream goes a long way so be careful not to use too much when applying. This is so perfumed, it's actually over powering and I don't like the smell at all! It does fade after a while though. I think this would suit normal to dry skin - not oily at all. The one thing I have noticed is people have said to me that I have looked better lately and hey, who doesn't like a compliment! Positive remarks like that are great and endorses my decision to buy. I would say it's is pricey but I think I will get good mileage out of the bottle!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/4/2008 11:10:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

Very good foundation for drier skins most.Has great packaging with a pump,that happens to like a lot,has satin,glow finish,medium to full coverage,and this is quite a surprise usually the foundations for dry skins with satin finish offers very low sheer coverage.Blends very easily and wears comfortable all day,doesn't set into fine lines.Has quite good staying power.The scent is quite strong and for me unpleasant too.The shades are great too,quite neutral.It's an emollient moisturizing foundation for dry skins so if you have oily skin think twice before you buy this one