Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 1/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

amazing shit right here. gets rid of acne, clogged pores, annoying bumps on your face that don't go away no matter what, etc. i use it as a toner (1/2 water and 1/2 acv), and put it on a cotton round to apply on my face after cleansing. god bless acv.

on 1/7/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Apple Cider Vinegar has been a crucial step to my skin routine for the past 4 years. It was a major game changer when I was still struggling with my acne.

It helps to reduce and treat breakouts, has anti-bacterial properties, has a naturally occurring Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) to help to naturally exfoliate the skin which hence give it some anti-aging property.

How I use it: Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

In a air-tight glass jar, mix one teaspoon/tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to 3 teaspoon/tablespoon of room temperature green tea or distilled water.

This is the starting concentration I would recommend to any who are just starting on Apple Cider Vinegar. Chill toner in the refrigerator to minimise any irritation and for a greater pore minimising effect when applied to the skin. The maximum concentration I have tried and will recommend is 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar : 2 tablespoon green tea /distilled water.

Tone using a cotton pad after cleansing, preferably at night. It does smell a bit, hence I wouldn't recommend using it in the day. If the smell gets too much, dilute mixture further.

Note: Using green tea may be great for its anti-oxidising effects, but do note that the 'shelf-life' of your toner will dramatically shorten due to the natural oxidation process that green tea undergoes. I opt for distilled water on lazy days.

How It Works

-Antibacterial properties

The acetic acid component in Apple Cider Vinegar have proved to be anti-bacterial. This is great for those who are prone to breakouts as many cases of acne can be attributed to P. acnes bacteria. I talked about how P.acnes bacteria causes acne in my post Clear Skin: The Cause of Breakouts.

Exfoliation

Apple Cider Vinegar contains naturally derived Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA) mainly in the form of malic acid which is a chemical exfoliant. It gently slough away dead skin cells on the skin's surface while stimulating cell turnover. The AHA component have been proven to be effective in treating acne, which is what I attribute my success with Apple Cider Vinegar to.

pH balance:

Some sources have noted that Apple Cider Vinegar have the ability to restore the skin's natural pH at 4.5-5.5. They mentioned that our skin may become more alkaline with the regular use of facial cleansers, which may make it more susceptible to acne breakouts.

Another concern that I did not talk about in my posts on Salicylic acid and AHA products is the pH level. The concern is that the products might not be acidic enough for it to genuinely be effective. This has never been a major concern of mine because of my regular use of my Apple Cider Vinegar toner underneath those products.

To read on about more benefits of ACV and side effects read on at :

on 12/14/2014 12:47:00 AM

Apple cider vinegar is great! I have used it on my skin before both diluted and undiluted. If you are going to use it on your skin, I'd recommend diluted as it made my face quite red and irritated using it undiluted! I thought it worked as well as any other toner I've used, and plus it's all natural! I don't use it on my skin any more because I don't see toner as necessary for my skin, but after reading these rave reviews, I'm tempted to give it another try.
I now only drink it, and I love it! Most people are put off by the smell and taste, but I have no issues with either! I think it just smells slightly of vinegar. Granted I wouldn't want to use it as a perfume or anything, but I don't find it THAT bad haha. I also kinda like the taste. I expected it to be much worse. Since I've been drinking it most mornings, I've started to enjoy it even more. It's almost refreshing to me! My whole family thinks I'm nuts and all say it stinks like dirty feet and tastes about the same, so I guess I'm in the minority haha. Perhaps my body craves it because it's alkalizing? I will continue drinking it because I like it and it's meant to be very good for you. I also think it helps keep breakouts at bay (not entirely, but skin looks clearer). World of caution though, drink it though a straw! It is highly acidic for your teeth! Wash your mouth out with water after you drink it too if you can, but never brush your teeth or you may cause the enamel to wear away. I've heard some people shot it undiluted. I would NOT recommend this. I have tried having just a teaspoon straight and boy did it BURN! I drink about 1-2 tablespoons in a cup of warm water usually. It's good stuff :)

on 12/8/2014 7:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has THE WORSE SMELL ever. I can't stand it -it gives me headaches. For that reason, I can't use it as a toner and even when I tried my face seemed pretty dull (which is not usual ever since I started OCM). I do however have two great uses for ACV and that's why I'll continue to repurchase.

1) It's a great spot treatment for blemishes, even cystic acne. I dip a qtip in some ACV and use it to spot treat blemishes for about 2-3 minutes a night. I don't feel anything at first, but on the 2nd or 3rd day I'll feel it sting (don't leave it on too long or it will frost then burn your skin!). That's when I know that the blemish will be all but gone the next morning.

2) I use ACV with the Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay for a very powerful mask. My skin was very clear when I had the time to use this mask 2-3x a week.

on 12/6/2014 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Dilute this (1/3 Vinegar) with distilled or boiled water, put some drops of Essential Oils if you like to, or mix Aloe Vera, Glycerin in it. Play with it as you like, or just mix it in your usual toner. It's definitely the best Toner on earth for oily/acne prone skin.

on 12/4/2014 9:17:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral

I diluted 1 part ACV to 2 parts water and use it twice a day; morning and before night sleep. First, I was skeptical, I've tried so many products to get rid of my acney-proney (hahah is it even a word?) face but it didn't get any better. I was so hopeless and finally tried to get used to it until one day I read about this natural recipe somewhere on the net. I read so many positive reviews so I decided to give it a try. Then I started hunting down the main ingredient (I use Bragg ACV) which is so damn difficult to find in my country. But thanks God I found it although it's quite pricey.

I've been using this toner for just two days, yes, TWO DAYS, yet my skin shows so much improvement. It heals my here-and-there pimples, they're calmer now; my acne scars that have been there on my face for oh-so-long are also fading. It's more than I expected.

For now I'll just give it 4 stars and I'll give an update a month from now.

on 12/3/2014 1:27:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

This is a review for Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar as a toner! As far as effects of regular internal consumption, I've yet to properly experiment and will begin to do so after 2 to 4 weeks of ingestion. I also love this product as a salad dressing and generalized multi-use product.

With that said, there's no way I will put this on my facial skin again. I have sensitive skin that's unfortunately weathered a multitude of AHAs and BHAs. I've also utilized Retin-A with limited side effects. Unfortunately, despite my tolerance, after using this on my skin for 2 days I experienced a global breakout (under-skin pimples, not whiteheads) and woke up to red and uneven (resembled effects of contact dermatitis) skin. I was surprised as I'd never had a reaction like this before. (To note, after accidentally spilling some and it seeping into a small cut on my finger, I was blinded by momentary pain. That CANNOT be a good sign for a product that I put on my facial skin.)

I mixed this 1:2 with distilled water.

on 11/23/2014 9:16:00 AM

I use both Bragg's and Eden Organics.

The list of things to do with ACV is nearly endless.

I mix a couple of tablespoons with a quart of water first thing in the morning, and I'm hydrated and alkalized.

Beauty tip number one. Hydration and alkalazation = glow and clarity, or a good start. If you can handle it, throw some MSM powder in with it, and watch your nails and hair grow like weeds. Be forewarned, ACV & MSM powder is NOT a mix for the fainthearted.

It's pretty nasty, but you can get used to it with practice.

ACV has become my new toner of choice. Beauty tip number two. Leaves my skin clear and glowing and lightened, with time. Full of natural lactic acid, probably not for those with extremely sensitive skin, which isn't me.

I keep a jar of H20 & ACV mixed in the fridge, and use it for the most amazing, simple toner imaginable. I have some Arconia pads here that are going unused, because I prefer the ACV.

How's that? Make sure to start with a low water - vinegar ratio and work up as your skin can tolerate it.

If you love the lightening effects, throw some in the tub after a good vigorous body brush, and, overtime, see renewed clarity and softness and clearness to your skin. Lightens darkness, and restores skin to it's more natural state.

Again, not for those with sensitive skin or if "other areas" are easily irritated; and experiment working up to the amount you can tolerate.

Organic ACV is inexpensive, a beauty workhorse, and a quick google can give you all kinds of ideas for incorporating into your beauty regimen, internally and externally.

This review written by someone who's been buying products almost all of her life, and is willing to spend good money for vanity.

No need.

on 11/21/2014 2:14:00 AM

This is going to be a long review. I'm 25 and have had the best skin ever....until about a year ago. Then 6 months ago my skin went absolutely CRAZY. Cystic acne everywhere, I'm also darker skinned so each new cyst meant a new scar. It was absolute agony. I went from using no foundation on a regular day (tinted mostriuzer for nights out, dates etc.) to having disgusting skin that required layers of medium coverage foundation. Not to mention then using a concealer then a powder. It was pure agony, I woke up everyday absolutely miserable. I never wanted to go to work, or out with friends anymore. I struggled to make eye contact with people because I had a feeling they were staring at my massive red lumps that no makeup in the world could hide. I went and saw my derm right away and she gave me Retin-A. I really struggled with back acne when I was younger and had used retin a before to help control it and fade scaring, it worked wonders. So I tried RetinA and it went great for about 6 weeks until my acne got even more angry and came back 2x worse. Back to the derm I went. This time tactuo and tazorac prescription creams, again used both creams one in the morning (tactuo - benzoyl peroxide) and then tazorac at night. My face turned into a disgusting peeling diaster. I was at a wedding and I remember going to the bathroom and there were sheets of my skin literally hanging off my face. It was DISGUSTING. My derm said there was an adjusting period so I stuck it out. But it never seemed to do anything. The tactuo was making my skin so rough and dull and the tazorac made my face look as greasy as a slice of pizza. I was so frustrated and ready to go on accutane until I read the terrifying side effects. I live in one of the driest cities in Canada. To have to deal with cracking lips, dry eyes when those are already things that come with the climate...no thanks! So here I am 16 weeks on this terrible creams that aren't working, and I'm ready to just give up all hope. I ended up searching the Internet and somehow came across a beauty bloggers video on how ACV cured all her acne problems. I watched her video, and not even 5 minutes after I was in my car driving to the nearest natural foods store. I was desperate. I first started with a 1:1 water to ACV ratio for my face toner. Hands down, worst idea ever. My face burned so much, I was crying. I diluted it down to 3:1 water to ACV and it's perfect. I still feel the tingly feeling after wiping my face. I also started ingesting it in the morning and the evenings. 2 tablespoons with about 400 ml of water. It didn't cure my problems overnight. While it got rid of the dullness of my skin, I purged like CRAZY. It only last about a week, but holy cow. I was getting large large painful cysts everywhere. Except they were a bit different this time, Id wake up in the morning with a cyst, and then by midafternoon they had turned yellow and I could pop them (terrible, I know.) By the next morning they were completely gone. This happened with about 40 spots over the span of 1 week. Needless to say, I only went to school about 2/5 days, and didn't leave my house otherwise. By the second week of my ACV regime, it was a drastic improvement. I honestly couldn't believe it. My skin was bright, the weird little white bumps were gone, and my scars were slowly fading. The purging stage was done! My shiny skin from a year ago was slowly coming back!

The second benefit was that the ACV was also amazing for my digestion. Ive had a lot of troubles with bloating, gas and overall bowel health recently. But the ACV solved them all! All this time my family doctor told me it was a dairy sensitivity, then a wheat sensitivity.

Where after doing a bit of research on my own it seems it was just low stomach acid. I've been following a strict no dairy, no wheat, no caffeine diet both for my skin and digestion this past year, and I feel like it was essentially for nothing!

I'm not big on "miracle" cures. But it's crazy to think after a year of strong creams and diets to help heal my skin. A $8 bottle of vinegar could solve it all. I seriously urge everyone to at least give this a try. Give it two weeks to work it's magic. I know people also say it tastes bad, it smells bad. It's honestly not that bad, if you are able to take a shot of vodka...you can drink this. It just tastes like a funky lemonade. But the benefits are soo worth it! While my skin might not be completely healed and ready to go au natural. It's still made a HUGE difference in two weeks. They say a lot of acne and hair loss issues come down to gut health. And I completely belive it. If you are taking care of your skin on the outside, but yet you still have acne. It's clearly an issue on the inside. Do some Google searches on low stomach acid, and see if you have some of the other side effects, besides digestion issues and acne.

So just in case my daily "routine" is as follows:

AM
Drink ACV + Water
I brush my teeth after, I heard the vinegar can erode the enamel on your teeth, so don't take pure ACV shots! Always dilute with water!

Wash my face with Cetaphil + Clarisonic
ACV Toner
100% Natural Tea Tree Oil all over my face I find this prevents breakouts and really helps to fade my scaring
Cetaphil Mostrizuer w/ SPF 30. The ACV makes your skin super sensitive to sun. So a good sunscreen is a must!
1000 IUDs of Vitamin A (just in pill form)
10000 IUDs of Vitamin D (drops that you put on a spoon and eat)

PM
Drink ACV + Water
Wash with Clearsil + Clarisonic
ACV Toner
Tea Tree Oil
Cetaphil Mostrizuer

Acne was really taking over my life. But ACV somehow changed my life. I know it's not for everyone. But you should honestly give it a try. 2 weeks is all you need!

on 11/17/2014 5:43:00 AM

If you can get past the smell (it dissipates after a while), it is the most effective pore minimizer. I've been trying different products to reduce the appearance of enlarged pores on my cheeks, but none has been this effective. I started using it neat in the beginning, but after reading reviews here decided to dilute it 1:1 with distilled water, it's still very effective. It didn't irritate my super-sensitive rosacea skin even when applied neat, I'm diluting it purely because I don't want to take any chances. I also dab a bit of a high-altitude French lavender oil neat on my red spots (acne, rosacea), it stings a bit, but the redness subsides within minutes. I would recommend lavender oil to everyone who has rosacea, it seems to have cured my condition. Now, back to the ACV, I buy a Bio version from a local shop, not Braggs, and I can't tell whether it has the "mother", but it is mirky dark amber color and it works better than the supermarket ones, which have stronger smell and lighter color. I've also started drinking 2 tbs mixed with water once a day (whenever I remember), hope it will boost the effectiveness for clearing out my skin. So far, after 2 weeks, I can say that my pores look minimal (barely visible) and I hope it will last.

Video Reviews & Tutorials