September 21, 2014 | 2023 users online

Toners - Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

• Price: $

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by atomickittenlove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Made existing acne 10x worse
I was having a little flare up- nothing unmanageable and I decided, since I'd been going the natural route, to try ACV as a toner (up until then i'd been using witch hazel- which I found drying).

I did my research. I read so many good things about ACV helping with skin tone and acne reduction. I diluted it with water 50/50 and put the mix in a spray bottle. After four nights of spritzing my face with ACV, my acne got increasingly worse. My face was bright red and full of painful cystic acne - not what i would call a purge.

I'm guessing it was too acidic for my skin. I've been LIGHTLY washing my face with pure glycerine soap once a day -- which is more alkaline-- for the last five days- and everything is calming down!

take what you will from that.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/26/2014 1:12:00 PM More reviews by MAChostage

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am a complete believer in this simple, inexpensive product. It is everything our elders have been telling us for years that it is. A multi-purpose wonder. I was dealing with a skin condition/rash on one of my lower legs that's lasted for several years. I'd been to numerous dermatologists, took numerous oral medications, applied numerous topical preparations (prescription and otherwise). I was diagnosed with different types of both psoriasis and eczema. Nothing worked for me. I took a chance one day a couple of months ago and started applying straight apple cider vinegar to the area with a cotton ball. My leg is now completely smooth and normal, with the exception of a few hyperpigmented spots I got over the years from the condition. Those will lighten and go away on their own. When all else fails, or if you just want to avoid drugs for your skin woes, give this a try.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/26/2014 1:05:00 PM More reviews by janderson8989

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had high hopes...using ACV as a toner gave me a huge cyst right in the middle of my cheek. It's been weeks, and the red spot is still there :(

ACV does wonders for my digestion though...I drink a tsp with a glass of water every day.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/25/2014 2:16:00 PM More reviews by spiritara

Let me start off by saying that I have god-awful skin. I haven't met a person who has skin fairer than mine. I'm also extremely acne-prone. My skin has a tendency to flake/peel. My skin is ridiculously sensitive. And I have hormonal acne, which can range from little whiteheads to cystic pimples. Along with that, I have seborrheic dermatitis all over my nose.

Seborrheic dermatitis is very annoying and unattractive. For me, it consists of a vicious cycle of scaling, flaking, and then slowly all peeling off. It's impossible to cover with makeup for more than a few hours, whether it be with concealer, foundation, or anything else. Sometimes the peeling is so extreme that raw spots will be left on my nose. I've called into work because it gets so bad. It's obvious, and it's ugly. :(

Then I found this stuff. I read about its uses for acne. I started using it, 2 parts water and one part ACV, as a toner at night. The smell is gross but it's bearable because this stuff is a miracle worker. I've been using it for three weeks now.

My acne has started to calm down. My skin isn't nearly as red and nasty looking when I do have pimples. My nose... oh my god, it hasn't looked this good in a long time! My seborrheic dermatitis is still here, yes, but it's not nearly as bad. The ACV works wonders... I'm not sure how, but it does. I still have the whole scaling/peeling/flaking, but it's not nearly as bad or noticable. I've gone without makeup a couple of times. I haven't done that in years!

I'm going to start adding ACV into my diet as well. I will update after a few weeks:)

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2014 9:15:00 PM More reviews by BrittyBratty0

I've only been using it for a couple days but it seems to be a miracle. i drink 3 tablespoons a day undiluted and i use it at night as a toner diluted 50/50 with water. the smell is bad but not unbearable. I have cystic acne and clogged pores and it seems to be clearing everything up but like i said it's only been a couple days. I'll update after a week or two

rated 5 of 5 on 6/21/2014 6:21:00 PM More reviews by type_a_tiff

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use ACV for a lot of things: salad dressing, baking…

Oops! Forgot I was on Makeup Alley for a bit.

In all seriousness, I use ACV aesthetically and it has been amazing.

As a toner, it's been amazing. I only use it when I'm especially oily and on (hormonal) breakouts. My skin loves ACV and it calms down dramatically. It doesn't sting or burn at all, if you remember to dilute it with water. If you can get past the vinegar-y smell, I highly recommend it!

As a face treatment: I use this in conjunction with Indian Healing Clay (another highly rated product I picked up c/o Makeup Alley). Some people use water, but I prefer the consistency/efficacy/general essence of awesome ACV adds to the mix. While I don't use it very often, it helps to calm down any inflammation and drastically shrink spots. I use it a couple times a month, max, and as a spot treatment if I feel a spot coming on. Healing Clay + ACV = spots stopped in their tracks. I don't feel the pulsing effect most people do often, but it always seems to happen when I use ACV.

On hair: I do no 'poo the Baking Soda/ACV way. This is, by far, the best use of ACV for me. I use a DIY ACV conditioner – a diluted ACV/water mix – and it rocks my socks. I have the softest hair I've ever had and definitely the least unruly. I don't use it all that often. Maybe twice a week or whenever I want my hair to be silky and shiny. Bonus tip: This can also be applied to your scalp (diluted ACV+water) to help minor dandruff issues.

Sheer value: Beauty, as most of us very well know, can be crazy expensive. Picking up some ACV is not that expensive. Though Bragg's (which I use) is pricier than most. Still, with its utility, in and out of my kitchen, it's well worth its price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2014 8:40:00 PM More reviews by kyl77

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought the Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar to use as a toner to balance the pH of my skin. Basically, the acid mantle of healthy human skin is slightly acidic. From what I've read, a lot of soaps and cleansers are highly alkaline. When you use these alkaline products, it can take up to 3 1/2 hours for your skin to readjust. During this time your skin is open to harmful microorganisms that feed on an alkaline environment. Using a slightly acidic toner is suppose to solve this problem. A weak solution of ACV in water should be slightly acidic. So, I decided to give it a try. On my first try, I used a 50/50 solution. WOW! PAINT STRIPPER! This stung like nobody's business. Each time I tried a weaker solution using more and more water. Finally, I was using about a tablespoon of ACV in a large bowl of water. It still stung. I kept thinking that I was going through an adjustment period, and that my skin just had to build up a tolerance. Well, eventually my skin decided to rebel. Red and irritated, this stuff completely compromised my skin barrier (this was only over a few days time). I'm now using gentle cleansers, no toner, and Cerave PM to restore my skin. I've learned my lesson. IF IT STINGS, STOP USING IT! There's no such thing as an adjustment period in good skincare. Overall, this just didn't work for me, and I won't be repurchasing. However, I'll still use up my bottle of Bragg's ACV. I've discovered that it works great at removing soap scum from the sink and shower!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/19/2014 11:44:00 AM More reviews by jamilamr

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I started using ACV on my face about 4 months ago, and will never stop.

I've had acne since I was about 11 years old - it was terrible in my teens, never completely went away, and now I'm almost 30. It's hormonal, but I always seem to have at least a few small pimples and visible/clogged pores.

From the beginning, I used Bragg's as a toner undiluted. Immediately the first morning, my complexion was smoother, softer, and less splotchy. This past month, I've been doing nothing but splashing water on my face at night, then toning with ACV. No face wash. In the morning after toning, I apply jojoba oil and sunscreen. Today is the third day in a row I haven't worn any type of concealer - I haven't done that since I was in grade school.

I put so many harsh products and soaps on my face through my teens and most of my 20s, and it was itchy, flaky, greasy, pimply. It's amazing to do almost nothing to it, and use something as simple/cheap as this vinegar. My skin has never looked or felt better. Even if I get a small breakout, it goes away very very quickly after applying ACV.

Now I just need to figure out the best way to bring this with me travelling!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by Pianomuse23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Wow.

So, slightly different from everyone else, I take ACV internally. About 1 tsp in 8 oz cold water, twice a day.

The taste isn't at all bad if you add some lemon, and the results are phenomenal. If you have gut or hormone related acne, THIS will clear it up. Not only has my skin been clear for months, but it glows. It absolutely glows. No product can do what this has done. Such a simple fix!

Be sure to get Braggs.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2014 1:47:00 PM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Apple Cider Vinegar has a wide variety of uses from skin care to household cleaning to internal cleanses (Dilute or make veggie caps). Inexpensive and versatile.