Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar

Price: $

Price: $

Apple Cider Vinegar

on 5/12/2015 11:34:00 AM

It is a good multi-purpose product.You can use it as a cleaner,Toner (watered down),hair rinse and more. 10/10

on 5/9/2015 10:57:00 AM

I have a so-so opinion about this. I don't bother diluting it, so yeah it burns and causes some temporary redness. But that fades in about an hour or so, and I don't break out or get a rash or anything. I feel like it's probably helping somehow, but it mostly seems like this product is neutral; it doesn't help nor hinder.
If I used it consistently I'd probably see some decent results. I don't knock this stuff by any means, but it hasn't really wowed me, either.

on 4/27/2015 7:00:00 AM

This is one of those amazing, perpetually-underrated multi-purpose products every home should have.
I've taken it internally with water, I've used it as a final rinse to get rid of shampoo/product buildup and even used it to clean my mirrors (it cuts through the dirt and grime easily)!
I haven't tried it on my face yet, will do once I get a new bottle. :)

on 4/20/2015 10:08:00 PM

This makes me so sad! I think it was a perfect example of there not being a 'One Size Fits All' when it comes to skincare. :( I'm sensitive/combination/acne-prone, and my skin just did not like this at all for some reason. I first tried mixing three parts water, one part ACV just to see if I tolerated it well & in turn got painful cyst-like bumps a few days later. After quitting altogether for some months I decided I'd try drinking it instead, since I'd heard that worked better/equally as well for some people. Again, a few days later I had a suuuper painful breakout. Really upset that this did not work for me, but I'm happy it's worked well for others!

on 3/7/2015 12:20:00 PM

Everyone else says pretty much what I want to say, but just to add to the raves about the multiple benefits of ACV in your body inside and outside:

DRINK IT. 3 ounces a day, don't dilute, just chug it down and chase it with a sip of water.

Dilute in a glass bottle and splash face with it then rinse splash with cold water to reset the ph of the skin after a cleanse or mask or what have you.

use that same diluted rinse, more of it of course, on hair after shampooing. Rinse well, and do that once every two or three shampoos to keep residue down and get nice bounce and shine. Don't over do it. Not every wash.

Put in on a cotton pad over an inflamed bruise or even dose it on heavily on a sore spot, like an over-trained hip joint or knee (a trick from my nurse client who swears it lowers inflammation when applied as a compress.)

wipe down cutting boards with it to disinfect

And finally, drink it (yeah I said that at the beginning) but really: get the big bottle for 20 bucks and put some into a smaller bottle in fridge and rest can be room temp no worries there, and shake it up to get that mother bacteria all dissolved (it settles like sediment, that is good stuff, have no fear, if it's not present then that is not good acv!)
DRINK it. Do your research. Thousands of years of internal use and records and research into this ACV for over all health and it is so cheap compared to supplements that are so iffy and sketchy.
Your skin nails hair digestion immune system....ALL will benefit!
enjoy!

on 3/5/2015 12:36:00 AM

I have been waiting a long time to write this review, and it's possible I have already written a review for this product! But I have finally figured out how to use it with flawless results :)

In the past, I tried it topically as a toner - but I didn't dilute it (stupid) and was bummed out that it broke me out more. I tried mixing it with green tea as well but for some reason it just never really did much for me. I then tried taking it internally, diluting a tablespoon or so in a glass of water. I remember my skin clearing up - but for some reason I couldn't get over the taste and stopped after a week. Fast forward a few years, still breaking out at the age of 25, tried everything under the sun and becoming pretty hopeless. I remembered that I did get results drinking it, and decided to try it again.

The first couple weeks were rough, I definitely purged and suffered through a few big breakouts. But let me tell you, once you get through it, you will be so glad you stuck with it!! Even though it sucks, the purge is beneficial; since ACV detoxifies the body and blood, the built up toxins inside of us have to escape somehow; i.e through our skin (and/or waste...and I did experience this effect of detox, too). I have been taking ACV internally for just over 3 weeks now, and my skin has NEVER been better. The last week I have also started trying applying it topically again, this time mixing it 1:3 with filtered water. Again, much better results this time around so i'm a happy camper!!
I like to mix the ACV with hot water and honey - I drink it first thing in the morning, and right before I go to bed. I initially started with 2 tbs per cup, so 4 tbs per day - I have now cut down to just 2 tbs per day with no side effects or breakouts. It's definitely not a cure all - I still get small breakouts here and there, but NOTHING compared to what I used to. I literally haven't seen my skin this well behaved since before puberty!
Give it a try, and if you don't like it and are still breaking out...well, maybe try again :)

Update: It's been around 2-3 months since I started drinking this, and about 1 month since I started using it topically, and my skin has literally never been better!! I rarely break out now, and all of those pesky small under the skin whiteheads have slowly disappeared over time. My skin is more even, smooth, and (almost) flawless (still dealing with scars). I have also successfully cut down to only drinking 1tbs per day!! Another trick I learned is first thing in the morning, I mix it with Trader Joes orange/mango juice, and you can barely taste it :) love love love this product, HG for sure.

on 3/1/2015 9:01:00 PM

I started using this as a toner when I got pregnant. I began to develop these weird cystic-like bumps all over my cheeks and neck. This ACV was the only thing that kept them at bay. Ever since then, I've used this as a spot treatment, or as a toner if my skin is breaking out in multiple places. I personally don't dilute it, but it doesn't bother my skin. Yes, the smell is terrible but it goes away and it's worth it to me to have clear skin. If your skin is sensitive, I highly recommend you dilute this. I also take a shot of this every day and chug water afterward. It helps with digestion and helps keep the flora in your intestines at a healthy level. I will never be without my ACV!

on 2/2/2015 10:29:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I have been using a 1:1 solution of ACV and water to combat the dry skin I get on the sides of my nostrils. I use the mixture twice per day and the redness and flakiness has been greatly reduced. I am so happy with how my skin looks now!

on 1/11/2015 4:44:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

amazing shit right here. gets rid of acne, clogged pores, annoying bumps on your face that don't go away no matter what, etc. i use it as a toner (1/2 water and 1/2 acv), and put it on a cotton round to apply on my face after cleansing. god bless acv.

on 1/7/2015 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Apple Cider Vinegar has been a crucial step to my skin routine for the past 4 years. It was a major game changer when I was still struggling with my acne.

It helps to reduce and treat breakouts, has anti-bacterial properties, has a naturally occurring Alpha-Hydroxy Acid (AHA) to help to naturally exfoliate the skin which hence give it some anti-aging property.

How I use it: Apple Cider Vinegar Toner

In a air-tight glass jar, mix one teaspoon/tablespoon of Apple Cider Vinegar to 3 teaspoon/tablespoon of room temperature green tea or distilled water.

This is the starting concentration I would recommend to any who are just starting on Apple Cider Vinegar. Chill toner in the refrigerator to minimise any irritation and for a greater pore minimising effect when applied to the skin. The maximum concentration I have tried and will recommend is 1 tablespoon Apple Cider Vinegar : 2 tablespoon green tea /distilled water.

Tone using a cotton pad after cleansing, preferably at night. It does smell a bit, hence I wouldn't recommend using it in the day. If the smell gets too much, dilute mixture further.

Note: Using green tea may be great for its anti-oxidising effects, but do note that the 'shelf-life' of your toner will dramatically shorten due to the natural oxidation process that green tea undergoes. I opt for distilled water on lazy days.

How It Works

-Antibacterial properties

The acetic acid component in Apple Cider Vinegar have proved to be anti-bacterial. This is great for those who are prone to breakouts as many cases of acne can be attributed to P. acnes bacteria. I talked about how P.acnes bacteria causes acne in my post Clear Skin: The Cause of Breakouts.

Exfoliation

Apple Cider Vinegar contains naturally derived Alpha-Hydroxy Acids (AHA) mainly in the form of malic acid which is a chemical exfoliant. It gently slough away dead skin cells on the skin's surface while stimulating cell turnover. The AHA component have been proven to be effective in treating acne, which is what I attribute my success with Apple Cider Vinegar to.

pH balance:

Some sources have noted that Apple Cider Vinegar have the ability to restore the skin's natural pH at 4.5-5.5. They mentioned that our skin may become more alkaline with the regular use of facial cleansers, which may make it more susceptible to acne breakouts.

Another concern that I did not talk about in my posts on Salicylic acid and AHA products is the pH level. The concern is that the products might not be acidic enough for it to genuinely be effective. This has never been a major concern of mine because of my regular use of my Apple Cider Vinegar toner underneath those products.

To read on about more benefits of ACV and side effects read on at :

Video Reviews & Tutorials