December 22, 2014 | 1494 users online

Styling Products - Frederic Fekkai - sheer hold hairspray

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 12:03:00 PM More reviews by berna

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

A biiiig yeees! Let me start by saying that I never use hair sprays because I do not like the hard effect and feeling on my hair. But this one is an exeption. Coincidentally I used this one which was a part of a sample set. My frizzy-fine hair has regained its beautiful waves.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2010 1:02:00 PM More reviews by leslieal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Not a bad spray, but definitely NOT a dupe for the Elnett, which is at a similar price point. Elnett can be brushed through and has a softer hold than the FF. FF leaves your hair with the trademark hairspray crispness and reminds me of Bumble and Bumble holding spray.

The closest thing to the Elnett that I have found is Paul Mitchell's clean spray, but that does have a fragrance (not bad, but...) that can stay with you and clash with your perfume. Performance wise, however, it is nice.

PS: Elnett does come in a fragrance free version, and that is what I am comparing it to.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by ml176

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is absolutely worth every penny. It smells wonderful, and it holds my curls WITHOUT being sticky. It is amazing. I never imagined I would spend so much on hairspray, but this hairspray has changed my mind. I don't use it every day, only when I curl my hair with hot rollers. It holds my hair all day. Even when I constantly run my fingers through it, it just turns into a soft wave (rather than falling flat) and keeps it looking great all day.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2010 3:48:00 PM More reviews by deba44

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried so many hairsprays & this one outperforms them all! Great hold that is not heavy or stiff, pleasant smell, great delivery from the bottle--spray never clogs unlike others I've tried. No buildup on hair. It's expensive though, the only negative.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/15/2010 11:34:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

OMG how have I not reviewed this yet as I hold this spray as dear to me as my bf lol! I have never been a hairspray person because I like to style my hair to perfection yet have it look natural so that people think I just wake up with hair looking that good lol. Whether I use this is a finish after straightening my hair for sleek eprfection, flyaways, when curling or just for my bangs to hold swept to the side it is flawless. I have yet to ever use a hairspray (and dam me I keep searching and trying so many to not have to pay the $35 a pop for this but litreally no other hairspray works the same or ever will), and I have tried sooo many, that works like Fekkai. It is in a league of it's own as is spray in such an amazing fine mist, gives you hold and volume right away, yet magically feels an d looks like you have no product in your hair. So no wet greasy hard hemlet or absolutely no hold after spraying half the bottle like other fine misting "moveable" sprays. Even though this does have some alcohol in it like every hairspray has to to go on dry to be quite honest it's ingredients are quality that no other hairsprays have including avacodo oil/other moisturiizing which is why my hair is soft and shiny and can be brushed out and looks like I jsut showered which is insane considering how well it holds. It shines for me especially when I use a curling iron to curl my hair on nites out. I use this as a heat protector first then after to finish off. My hair looks celebrity status all nite yet completely natural and through humidity, dancing, and god knows what looks exactly the same mayabe up to 8 hours alter and even when I wake up the next day. You could litreally spray the whole can on your hair (which you don't need to as one spray holds like a dream) and your hair still won't be dirty or weighed down or built up. That kind of hold while still being soft, natural, and not at all looking like I even put any product in my hair the next day speaks on it own. But why oh why does the best hairspray on earth have to be $35 a bottle!!! What's new lol. I have tried to find a cheaper substitute for years and not one comes close. Try it, your wallet will hate you but you will be in love! :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 4:54:00 PM More reviews by MsAzNqTpRiNcEsS

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

i LOOOOVE this spray...gives my hair volume...sprays a fine mist...smells lovely.....hold lasts most of the day....this and NC plump n thick r my faves atm!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 12:17:00 AM More reviews by dollbird

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I LOVE this hairspray! I have thick bangs which are prone to fly-aways and this is the only product that can tame it easily without breaking me out on my forehead. It provides good hold without turning my hair into concrete. Excellent product.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2009 4:06:00 PM More reviews by SarahKatie

This is meh. It is an alright hair spray. Certainly not bad, but not worth the price. It keeps hair in place without crunchiness, but so do high end drugstore brands. The pro to this product is the smell, it is one of the more pleasant hair spray scents out there. The con is the packaging, first off it is aerosol, which is horrible for the environment (I never buy aerosol cans, I got this as a freebie during my stint as a BBW employee). The other problem is the nozzle, which is always getting clogged. As I said, I didn't pay for this, but if I had payed $20+ for hairspray, I would expect to not have to run it under hot water and pick out dried product every time I wanted to use it. Avoid this.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/15/2009 4:01:00 PM More reviews by themadhattress

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I'm not one to use hairspray, but sometimes you need some hold for those special occasions. I love the light hold of this hairspray. There's nothing worse than stiff-looking hair! However, I find the scent very strong and unbearable. I end up having to use the littlest amount possible to avoid smelling like I got stuck in the 80's. But then again what hairspray smells nice?

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2009 8:53:00 PM More reviews by candacej

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes, this hairspray has a nice even mist, and I like that I didn't have any crunchy pieces in my hair. But the hold is awful! I styled my hair, sprayed this in and then an hour later, it's like there's nothing in my hair. My hair is even staticky and stuck to my head, with little fly-away hairs all over the place. So I used some more hairspray. Again, though, a short time later, it's like there's nothing there. I'm going to have to try something stronger (but not crunchy!). I also didn't really like the scent of this ...