Maybelline Expert Eyes - Vanilla

3.3

on 8/17/2010 11:57:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Not really sure why there's so many bad reviews on this... Maybe it's because it's listed as an eyeshadow. I bought this to use as a cheap version of a highlighter, just to try it out and it worked great. I haven't used it in the inner corners of my eyes like everyone else, but I do use it on my brow bone, on my dark circles under my eyes, and I put a little bit over my cheekbones and sides of my nose. It lasts as long as I wear my makeup, just don't use it as an eyeshadow and you'll be fine.

on 7/7/2010 6:17:00 AM

I was looking for a good tear duct shadow and this is what i came across at the drugstore cause i didnt wanna spend anymore of my money this month on mac products since i pretty much bought the entire to the beach collection and pre-ordered a digipops dazzle glass. So i took this home and put it on and it was exactly what i was looking for. Unfortunately the staying power is not all too great but for a drugstore product it's got a nice fine shimmer. I most likely wont buy it again cause i won't be able to go through this quickly cause lets be honest.. how fast can you go through a pan of eyeshadow using it only for your tear duct? yeah...

Next time I'm sticking to crystal avalanche by MAC, but this is a cute color. Definately for in the tear duct, which is a place I always put shimmery white shadow. It just doesn't have lasting power and color payoff like mac, but it is buildable. A great alternative to expensive shimmery whites. Cheap enough to be worth-while in a crunch.

on 7/22/2009 10:37:00 PM

This is a very basic, shimmery white eye shadow. I only ever use it as a browbone highlighter and for the inner corners of my eyes. The lasting power isn't too great, but it's decent enough.

on 3/20/2009 7:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I use white shadow after primer as a base for my other shadows. i bought this one b/c its a pretty pure white. It does do an ok job IF you apply an eye primer before you put it on, otherwise it will be gone in an hour. With a primer, it doesnt cake and lasts all day.

on 2/5/2009 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

I got this shadow because i wanted a highlight...WHY did think just because Mac has a shade called "vanilla" this would be nice?

HA, i didnt wear this for a loooong time not even as a highlight..but found a youtube vid and the girl used a white shadow on the inner corners and the rest was a nice purple smoked out look. I have found use for it!!!!! alone...its NASTY

on 12/26/2008 4:46:00 PM

I took off one lippy because it's a bit crumbly when you apply it but other than that it's a great brow bone highlighter, great for a frosty winter look with some black liquid liner.
A trick to this shadow is to apply it wet, it makes the color much more intense.

on 1/27/2008 11:21:00 PM

Wow, i'm surprised by all the negative reviews. I love this eyeshadow! It was just what I wanted, a basic whitish color shadow with some shimmer. I'm very pale, and I see the white pretty clearly when I apply it.

I sometimes use it in conjunction with my blush (i'm not sure if its good or bad, but i've had no reaction to it) and it turns out very pretty.

I would recommend, and I would definitely repurchase.

on 8/2/2007 9:05:00 AM

This white was very sheer, and had to layer a lot to actually see that I was wearing a white shadow and not just shimmer. The product was kind of dried out when I bought it and very hard to lift off the pan. No thanks.

on 11/20/2006 6:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

This shimmery white is not a stark white so it is much more subtle. I like to lightly dust it under my eyes to make my eyes look perked up. Iím not crazy about the formula, the powder is a bit heavy and does not layer at all, so I will not buy again.