November 21, 2014 | 1774 users online

Fragrances - Philosophy - Tea Party "Sugar"

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 10:48:00 AM More reviews by bigemom

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I received this as a GWP with a recent online Philosophy order. It initially smells very Pledge-like, very lemony and reminds me of most of my cleaning supplies. But then it mellows down and just smells sweet with a hint of lemon. On first sniff I didn't like this one but after about 20 minutes it becomes a very sweet fresh scent. I do like this one after all.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2006 12:57:00 AM More reviews by Neptune22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Sugar? You call this sugar? I don't know about you, but when I hear the word sugar I picture a sweet smell like cake or cookies, even pixy sticks, NOT Pine-Sol. The reason I'm giving this a 2 and not a 1 is because, a.) It was free from Philosophy after purchase. b.) When I first sprayed it on my shirt I thought "MMMM, fresh lemons," which was nice, but it quickly turned to Pine-Sol. I'm just glad I didn't pay for it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2006 7:09:00 PM More reviews by JGardella

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I can't say that I'm a fan of this. It really doesn't smell sweet to me, instead, it smells like lemmons. I can possibly see this working during the summer, otherwise I don't think I could stand to wear it. I thought this would be more sugary but it's not at all.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2005 4:55:00 PM More reviews by jackieks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Oh, how I love this scent! It is similar to Fresh's Sugar spray, but sweeter and lovlier. I love to spray this on after showering with the Sweet Sugar shower gel and then slathering on the Sweet Sugar body cream. It's almost sinful! I get a lot of compliments on this, too. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/11/2005 3:35:00 PM More reviews by stilagrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

To me this smelled very similar to Fresh's Sugar Blossom perfume, which is one of my favorites. It's a slightly stronger version of it, at least to me, which means it doesn't fade as quickly. Of the three in the tea party set this was my favorite - not too sweet or perfumey at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/13/2004 5:16:00 AM More reviews by bablondie25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Way too sweet, not good at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/16/2004 9:32:00 PM More reviews by hiimnan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Smells really authentic, but would not wear alone, like you could Tea. Oh well, still super to have + mix!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2004 3:15:00 PM More reviews by honeystix

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I really like this scent. It is similar to Fresh's Sugar, but the Fresh version is a bit too astringent or something, and makes me sneeze. Also, the Philosophy version stays sweet, like lemon candy, whereas Fresh turns into straight lemons.
I think this is refreshing. It lasts long too.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/25/2004 1:23:00 AM More reviews by bunny207

This is part of a trio, which includes this, Tea, and Lemon. This is the only wearable one in my opinion. This smells like Fresh's Sugar fragrance, but isn't as long lasting or as pretty. These new fragrances are really disappointing and I can't see anyone willing to shell out $50 USD for these.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/24/2004 4:05:00 PM More reviews by GinnyC2002

Philosophy could have taken some clues from Demeter on this "sugar" scented spray. Smells like the lemon should, not like sugar. I think Demeter's Sugar Cane is a good sugar smell that I would use instead of this.