LUSH Catastrophe Cosmetic

3.9

(Calamine Powder is Zinc Oxide 'with a dash of Iron Oxide'-LUSH website) Ingredients: Calamine Powder, Talc, Irish Moss Gel (Chondrus crispus), Fresh Blueberries (Vaccinium myrtillus), Glycerine, Almond Oil (Prunus dulcis), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Oil (Anthemis nobilis), Sweet Orange Oil (Citrus Aurantium dulcis), *Limonene, Perfume, Colour 18050 * Occurs naturally in Essential Oils

on 2/23/2015 10:24:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I'll have two parts to this review. How I initially felt when I used it for the first time and then when I finish the entire tub.

Part 1: I used this mask last night and have to say I am quite pleased with it. I've been really disappointed with Lush masks in the past, but this was awesome! It's a really thick mask that is a little hard to spread onto the face. I left it on for about 10 minutes and didn't let it dry completely, then washed it off. It left my skin feeling smooth and toned. I think this helped detoxify my skin too. The only complaint I have is that it left my skin super dry. To the point where it was flaky. Also, it did burn my skin, however I have super sensitive skin where almost every product I use does and there was no real reaction other than some redness, so I'm mostly okay with this. I give this a 4 star upon first reaction and will come back when I finish the jar.

Part 2: I finished the jar and I love this mask even more. My skin seems to have gotten used to it so there is less drying. It still burns, but I'm okay with that. It just leaves your face so bright and fresh, helping reduce pores and decongest the skin. I don't have any real problems on my face and my skin is dry so I can't comment on it's acne/discoloration/oil fighting abilities, but I have faith. I do have to say that the smell is extremely strong, to the point I'll smell it on the towels I patted my face dry with. But all in all it's one of my top masks and I bump my rating up to a 5.

on 2/22/2015 1:49:00 PM

I've used this two times, and will finish up the tub. However, this mask has made the redness on my cheeks worse and ive had pimples pop up. My skin: combo, soft, semi sensitive. But whenever my skin does get irritated, the pimples or cheek redness will go away within a day or two. My face bounces back pretty quickly. Anyone else experience issues w/this mask? Its my first one btw, used a MoM sample on my nose which went fine.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

My second favorite Lush mask!

Catastrophe Cosmetic is a creamy blue mask with a faint calamine-blueberry scent. It hardens similar to a clay mask and it does not exfoliate.

For days where I just want to be gentle on my skin I will use this mask. The results are beautiful. My skin comes out soft and radiant, with smaller pores and a matte finish. This mask can be described as gentle and very calming to the skin. The calamine removes any redness which I get on my cheeks. It's A okay in my book!

If you're looking for a mask that brightens and scrubs your face go with Brazened honey.

on 2/3/2015 5:59:00 PM

Traditional clay mask. Store in refrigerator.

on 1/14/2015 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Deep Dark, Not Sure

I tried this mask for the first time last night and I love the way it made my skin feel and look. My face was and still is very soft and my pores had the appearance of being smaller (I can't say for sure they are smaller, but it looks like they were definitely tighter). I am hesitant to try new things on my face because I have sensitive skin, but this particular mask did not cause me any adverse effects at all. My skin seemed to have a more radiant appearance after all was said and done, also.

There was a film on my face after I rinsed the mask off that was kind of stubborn to remove, but I just used a bit of my normal face cleanser (yes to carrots) and the rest came right off.

When I woke up this morning, my skin was still extremely smooth and looked more bright than it normally does in the morning. I will definitely keep using this to see how much my skin improves.

on 1/11/2015 9:29:00 PM

This stuff didn't work for me AT All. I have acneprone skin and it broke me out. I also wasnt a fan of the consistancy and it left a very unpleasant residue on my skin. I tend to love Lush prouducts and with most I can't complain, but this facemask was not working for me at all.

on 12/19/2014 9:29:00 AM

Very nice cleansing face mask! Calms down while it purifies. Afterwards my skin looks very soft and even. Im positively surprised! Will definitely buy again!

on 11/22/2014 10:48:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is the fifth LUSH mask that I've tried so far, and I have to say I was a little disappointed. Right after using it my skin was softer, but not as soft as others (such as cupcake) had made it, and I found the softness wore off very quickly. It reduced redness in my face but after awhike my skin became dry and flaky instead. Sometimes after I washed it off there would be a white residue left on my skin that was very difficult to remove. It also flakes while drying, which can make a bit of a mess on your clothing, a problem that I haven't had with other LUSH face masks. I did really love the smell of it though, much better than the other ones I've tried. The traditional LUSH packing is great, love that it's recycled and simple.

I have always been a fan of the LUSH's Cupcake and only decided to get this one when my local store was out of stock with the chocolate mask. I have to say I was extremely satisfied with the purchase. Like other LUSH products it smells wonderful and leaves your face feeling fresh and supple after washing. The texture or consistency of the mask is definitely different from Cupcake's. Catastrophe is much more watery while the other was more solid in my opinion and wouldn't melt as easily if left out of the fridge for a couple of minutes.

It does dry quite flaky though but I have seen improvements since I first got it. It is really handy during breakouts! Although it can be quite pricey for me (since I'm a college student), so I probably wouldn't be purchasing it on a regular basis.

on 9/13/2014 9:04:00 PM

From the description and reviews I expected to be wowed by this, but I wasn't. It does feel somewhat calming and is very mattifying, which I do like. The first time I used it though the area between my eyebrows was actually left dry to the point of flaky - surprising as I use lots of oil control products and never have that issue. A bit of moisturiser fixed it up so no biggie, just not what I expected. I can't say my face looked amazing or anything after using it, although the smell is quite pleasant so I will use up the rest.

Popular Masks