November 26, 2014 | 989 users online

Masks - LUSH - Catastrophe Cosmetic

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2014 3:07:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've got to say that I really enjoyed this mask. I am definitely planning on buying another of these. So far I've tried a couple of them from Lush but I really like this one. The scent is great, it smells sweet and it lingers. It dries pretty quickly, and I haven't had too much trouble with it flaking off my face like some other reviewers noted. It doesn't leave my skin with the cleanest feeling BUT it feels amazing. Soft and hydrated, this mask is gentle and won't upset someone with sensitive skin. I have combination skin without acne, for reference.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/6/2014 5:26:00 AM More reviews by lynnlovesyou211

First of all. Let me give you some background information about my skin, I have teenage skin that's prone to breakouts. I went to the lush shop for the first time last weekend and asked the staff to help me choose a mask to calm my skin from the eczema on my cheeks and my normal breakouts. This product is amazing, I have used it 5 times already and my skin is looking less red and the eczema on my cheeks are going away! I really like the scent of this mask, it smells like blueberries and lavender! I wash it off and then follow up with my tea tree water and my moisturizer and my skin feels amazing! I recommend this to everyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by lregidor

Love this mask! Leaves my skin feeling soft and looking great. It doesn't dry me out. I have super sensitive skin and this does not irritate it.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/16/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by geiravor

It smells nice but doesn't do much for my skin. It was quite drying and left my skin powdery, and didn't help with breakouts. I much prefer cosmetic warrior to soothe my skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/22/2014 4:31:00 AM More reviews by Rosse86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I have only used this three times (and have one use left in the jar), but I already love it! I have very acne prone combination skin, and this calms my skin and reduces both redness and number/size of pimples. The mask is easy to use and doesn't smell much. It does leave an oily clay residue on the skin - I think from the calamine - but it can be washed off with a lathering cleanser. When I use the mask before bed, I have just left the residue on my skin with no negative effect.

The mask contains calamine powder (zinc carbonate+ferric oxide), talc (magnesium silicate), carrageenan (gel extract from Chondrus crispus/Irish moss), blueberries, glycerin, almond oil, rose absolut, blue chamomille oil and sweet orange oil.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/6/2014 3:08:00 AM More reviews by island21goddess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I really did not enjoy this mask. I just used it for the first time tonight. I usually use Mask of Magnaminty and BB Seaweed but I was in an adventurous mood today at LUSH. Anyways, I always wash my face first, then apply a face mask to clean skin. But after I tried to rinse this mask off I was left with a powdery residue all over my face that was really difficult to remove :( Since I had already washed my face and didn't want to over dry it out, I tried to use my toner to remove the residue... It took me 3 cotton rounds to feel satisfied. And I ended up feeling dry anyways ugh. When I wash my face at night I really prefer to feel CLEAN before applying my serums etc. This mask just wasn't for me. It does smell really nice though and didn't seem to break me out YET so that is why I gave it 2 lippies. Still feeling very.... *Meh*

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2014 2:48:00 AM More reviews by HanLuna

As i am writing this review,i am wearing this mask. I have about a week to finish the whole tub before the expiration date.So far,i have been using this about twice a week. Firstly,i love the scent which is really sweet and very relaxing. I experienced some tingling sensation as well similar to the MOM. After it dries,i usually wet my fingers in warm water and gently massage my face and then rinse off. My skin feels smooth but at the same time it feels kind of powdery.Not too sure if it does anything to combat blemishes but i won't be repurchasing this again.I still prefer the QH Grapefruit mask.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/5/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by TeHNyboR

LOVE this mask! Smells light and floral and really sucks out the redness. I use this whenever I break out and it instantly improves my complexion. I liked this better than Cosmetic Warrior, which I usually use when I break out. I only knocked a lippy off because it can be kind of messy when it dries. It tends to flake off into a very fine powder and can get everywhere. Makes clean up easy though, since I just paw at my face (I call it "face dandruff") and it all flakes off into the sink, then I wipe the rest off with a damp warm washcloth. But it's not that big of an issue to where I won't repurchase. Because I definitely will be repurchasing!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/23/2014 3:39:00 PM More reviews by PixxiDust

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a decent mask for the price. I have dry skin with rosacea redness and this did an okay job at calming the red patches for a while and making my skin smooth. While not a miracle worker, this is a lovely smelling, nice mask for the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/22/2014 12:36:00 AM More reviews by Gretalin

I don't think this mask is doing anything special to my skin. I've used it up tonight. The smell is amazing and the scent lingers. I have to say this mask dries out pretty fast. It becomes drier after 2 weeks and it won't feel as good. I didn't see a major difference after I use this for about 3 weeks, but my skin do feel nice and soft after each time I've used it. In general it is an ok mask but I won't repurchase it.