December 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/26/2014 7:43:00 AM More reviews by AMIGIRL

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this remover. I too get by with one cotton pad per eye. I also found a Target brand "Up & Up" and the Walmart brand "Equate" to be the exact some product for a couple dollars less. Why spend a lot for another product when you have these 3 doing an excellent job?

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2014 11:42:00 PM More reviews by chukulata

At first I didn't really like this because it says Oil-Free but it is really oily. I went and tried different eye makeup removers but none of them have been as great as this one. So I went back to this one and won't bother with any other ones from now on. This is great and takes seconds to remove everthing with no scratching / dragging off my eyelids. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/18/2014 7:20:00 PM More reviews by Econobabe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a really good product. I prefer the liquid eyemake up remover over towel type styles because you can control how much productt you're actually using. The price is ok for the amount of product you get, and I've never experienced any bad side effects from using this, it doesn't even remove my lashes. You want to be careful when removing eye makeup because it can cause the delicate skin around your eyes to crease which can create wrinkles, but with this product I feel I've got it under control. I will buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2014 6:13:00 PM More reviews by attarius

I love this makeup remover. It removes everything effectively, and leaves a silky finish. It has no prevalent smell, and never causes irritation even if it gets into my eye.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is amazing! better than Clarins, Lancome, Loreal and some other high end brands I have used

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Usually I prefer to use the tears of men to remove my makeup, but this does the job too.

At around $7 retail, this is not expensive per se, but repurchasing is frequent since you use it every day. I stock up when it's on sale and I have coupons. It is a really great makeup remover!

Usually I can get away with just using half a cotton round for each eye. With really dramatic makeup, or extreme winged eyeliner, it will take one cotton round per eye. This does leave behind a oily residue, so I just use this before I wash my face rather than after.

I would never repurchase this at full retail price, so thank the heavens for coupons, am I right ladies???

If you catch this on sale, it's worth a try. It's better than other makeup removers in my opinion, but it's also a tad more expensive. If you don't want to use coupons and don't want to have to look for sales, then just stick with another makeup remover, they're all basically just as good.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great eye makeup remover. If I saturate a cotton pad with enough product, I only have to use one for each eye. It takes off my eyeshadow and mascara with minimal scrubbing/rubbing, and doesn't irritate my eyes. It contains more product than typical removers, so depending on how much you use it, you don't run out of it as quickly. Overall, it's a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: The Equate version and the CVS version have the exact same formula, comparing the ingredient lists side to side and they're much cheaper
Everyone serious about makeup needs a good quality water- and smugde- proof makeup remover. I won't be using anything uselessly expensive or with less product. It is a screw-top, so it's not as convenient as ones that pump it out. I simply have an empty Japanese one and I refill it with this.
Like good makeup removers, it does require shaking. This tells me it has two types of removers to remove all types of makeup, the water dispersible and the oil dispersible.
Now, from what I'm reading, some people believe the non-regulated claims, like "oil-free" or "contact lens wearer safe". These aren't regulated, by anyone. Usually, oil-free can mean it has no OIL, but it could have slippy, oil-like substances(like silicone, which is what the base formula is), or it could have some oil but not FEEL LIKE OIL, or it could be neither and it really doesn't matter because the FDA or anyone doesn't regulate/care. Also, if you're any type of experienced contact lens wearer, you should know not to wash/clean your face until AFTER you have taken them off. Are you trying to damage your eyes/contacts? OF COURSE SILICONE WILL LEAVE A FILM ON CONTACTS AND IT SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR CONTACTS.
Now, I'm a prescription contact wearer, so my eyes are naturally more sensitive. Yes, when this really gets all up in my eyes(as it sometimes has to), it does mildy sting but it doesn't wildly irritate me, like actual inflammatory agents would.
I personally don't like cotton pads/swabs/squares for removing a full face of makeup as I feel they're kinda useless. I either use my bare hands or the Make Up Eraser.
I have oily skin, so I want to make sure it's off my skin at the end of the night, so I use this before cleanser, not because it'll clog pores, but because I don't need more moisture and it feels pretty unpleasant. It is easier to rinse this by itself rather than trying to rinse some hydrophobic oil-based removers by themselves, but a cleanser really gets this completely off easily and much quicker.
Whether I use the Make Up Eraser(faster) or my bare hands, this removes all types of makeup.
First I wet my face and very gently massage to loosen some makeup and dissolve the water dispersable makeup. Then, I put some remover on my hands or on the cloth and massage this through places with more stubborn makeup, like waterproof eye, face, or lip makeup. I massage until all the product loosens and then I rinse, massaging my skin the whole time. Then, to get rid of any residue, I wash my face with my facial cleanser and pat my face dry. Nothing comes off on the towelette I use and my skin is sufficiently prepped for skin care application. I haven't yet found a type of non-alcohol-based makeup that doesn't come off with this.
Anyway, reading the ingredients, it's a beautiful formula. If you haven't tried this, you should!
Anyway, I'm running out and I hear that CVS Oil Free or the Equate Oil-Free is the exact same formula, so I'll check that out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Green

This is just as good as Lancome bificil remover in my opinion. I sometimes have to go over my eyes more than once if I am wearing a lot of eyeliner that day, but it's not that big of a deal :) A good makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This worked great for completely removing all my eye make up. I do wash my face afterwards due the greasy feeling that is left behind.