November 23, 2014 | 2033 users online

Eye Makeup Remover - Neutrogena - Oil Free eye makeup remover

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by aidan83

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This is amazing! better than Clarins, Lancome, Loreal and some other high end brands I have used

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2014 2:13:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Usually I prefer to use the tears of men to remove my makeup, but this does the job too.

At around $7 retail, this is not expensive per se, but repurchasing is frequent since you use it every day. I stock up when it's on sale and I have coupons. It is a really great makeup remover!

Usually I can get away with just using half a cotton round for each eye. With really dramatic makeup, or extreme winged eyeliner, it will take one cotton round per eye. This does leave behind a oily residue, so I just use this before I wash my face rather than after.

I would never repurchase this at full retail price, so thank the heavens for coupons, am I right ladies???

If you catch this on sale, it's worth a try. It's better than other makeup removers in my opinion, but it's also a tad more expensive. If you don't want to use coupons and don't want to have to look for sales, then just stick with another makeup remover, they're all basically just as good.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/27/2014 7:49:00 AM More reviews by rs02

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is a great eye makeup remover. If I saturate a cotton pad with enough product, I only have to use one for each eye. It takes off my eyeshadow and mascara with minimal scrubbing/rubbing, and doesn't irritate my eyes. It contains more product than typical removers, so depending on how much you use it, you don't run out of it as quickly. Overall, it's a great product for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/24/2014 8:12:00 AM More reviews by acciohashi

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

UPDATE: The Equate version and the CVS version have the exact same formula, comparing the ingredient lists side to side and they're much cheaper
Everyone serious about makeup needs a good quality water- and smugde- proof makeup remover. . I won't be using anything uselessly expensive or with less product. It is a screw-top, so it's not as convenient as ones that pump it out. I simply have an empty Japanese one and I refill it with this.
Like good makeup removers, it does require shaking. This tells me it has two types of removers to remove all types of makeup.
Now, from what I'm reading, some people believe the non-regulated claims, like "oil-free" or "contact lens wearer safe". These aren't regulated, by anyone. Usually, oil-free can mean it has no OIL, but it could have slippy, oil-like substances(like silicone, which is what this is made of) or it could have some oil but not FEEL LIKE OIL, or it could be neither and it really doesn't matter because the FDA or anyone doesn't regulate/care. Also, if you're any type of experienced contact lens wearer, you should know not to wash/clean your face until AFTER you have taken them off. Are you trying to damage your eyes/contacts? OF COURSE SILICONE WILL LEAVE A FILM ON CONTACTS AND IT SHOULDN'T BE ANYWHERE NEAR YOUR CONTACTS.
Now, I'm a prescription contact wearer, so my eyes are naturally more sensitive. Yes, when this really gets all up in my eyes(as it sometimes has to), it does mildy sting but it doesn't wildly irritate me, like irritants would.
I personally don't like cotton pads/swabs/squares for removing a full face of makeup as I feel they're kinda useless. I either use my bare hands or the Make Up Eraser.
I have oily skin, so I want to make sure it's off my skin at the end of the night, so I use this before cleanser, not because it'll clog pores, but because I don't need more moisture and it feels pretty unpleasant. It is easier to rinse this rather than hydrophobic oils by itself, but a cleanser really gets this completely off easily and much quicker.
Whether I use the Make Up Eraser(faster) or my bare hands, this removes all types of makeup.
First I wet my face and very gently massage to loosen some makeup and dissolve the water dispersable makeup. Then, I put some remover on my hands or on the cloth and massage this through places with more stubborn makeup, like waterproof eye, face, or lip makeup. I massage until all the product loosens and then I rinse, massaging my skin the whole time. Then, to get rid of any residue, I wash my face with my facial cleanser and pat my face dry. Nothing comes off on the towelette I use and my skin is sufficiently prepped for skin care application. I haven't yet found a type of non-alcohol based makeup that doesn't come off with this.
Anyway, reading the ingredients, it's a beautiful formula. If you haven't tried this, you should!
Anyway, I'm running out and I hear that CVS Oil Free or the Equate Oil-Free is the exact same formula, so I'll check that out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/22/2014 7:44:00 PM More reviews by dinosaurseatghosts

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is just as good as Lancome bificil remover in my opinion. I sometimes have to go over my eyes more than once if I am wearing a lot of eyeliner that day, but it's not that big of a deal :) A good makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/22/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by Jennlw5

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This worked great for completely removing all my eye make up. I do wash my face afterwards due the greasy feeling that is left behind.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/22/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Blueberry1230

Only makeup remover I use other than baby oil. Is great but kinda expensive at +/- $7 at drugstore. Takes makeup off with ease using cotton ball. I wear contacts and if I use it with them in it kinda makes them blurry so I take them out first. Doesnt burn or take any rubbing to get off. i highly recommend but if not just use baby oil or coconut oil.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by MrsTefee

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been using this for a few months now and decided that I don't particularily like it. It removes eye makeup alright, but I find that I struggle more with it than I have with my other makeup remover. I usually use lancomes bi-facil, but I bought this to use for now in order to save some $$ as its much cheaper. But sometimes cheaper isn't always better, I can definitely tell that I have to try harder to remove eye makeup with this than I do with bi-facil. I think next time Im going to try a cheaper brand I will use Targets sonia kashuk remover instead because its more comparable to the lancome one.

Its ok for being inexpensive, but I prefer others.

Pros
-removes eye makeup
-moisturizing
-doesnt sting eyes
-inexpensive

cons
-I struggle more to remove makeup with this and thus lose eyelashes in the process
-causes blurryness in the eyes

Conclusion:
Its ok but I won't be buying again. Prefer Lancomes bi-facil or sonia kashuk eye makeup remover.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/21/2014 11:59:00 AM More reviews by robertson08

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is the BEST eye makeup remover I have ever used. This is my HG makeup remover. My eyes are very sensitive to any product I put on or near my eyes. This makeup remover works like magic but a lot of people forget that you do have to shake this product before you put it on your face to activate it. This makeup takes off any mascara easily and even waterproof mascara. When I use this product, I splash warm water on both of my eyes and make the mascara drip down (racoon look), after that I use the remover to wipe it all away. I feel that its better when it drips because its so easy to clean up with this remover. Instead of pulling at your eyelashes with the remover, just let it drip and wipe the mascara away.This product makes my life easier at the end of the day. The price of this product could better though because I go through these small bottles quickly.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/18/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by Possum44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Unfortunately this products irritates my eyes. I have very sensitive eyes, I can't get any kind of oil near my eyes or I get blurry vision, so I tried this as it's oil free and had great reviews. It does work well to remove makep but leaves a film behind that irriates my eyes and gives me the blurry vision.