July 28, 2014 | 2119 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am mostly using my favorites Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed masks, however I decided to get something new for my 6th free mask. I never tried Cupcake - so that was my choice (even though I do not have oily skin type... This mask is for oily, acne-prone skin type). I took it anyways because I'm using my Rose cream (that is super rich and moisturizing) afterwards.
Have to say - the scent is so so.. somehow like old chocolate cupcake, haha.
Leave it on for 5-10 min, rinse it off, my skin feels kind of clean and dry, little chocolate stinky. I can not say anything bad about this mask but not the mask I would purchase in future.
EDIT: Best results with any mask:
1) Exfoliate gently first, even baking soda, salt or extra fine sugar will do (mixed with your cleanser). 2) Then steam your face over hot water or green tea for 2 minutes.
Another great tip for pores (The BEST, does wonders to MY SKIN) - use fresh pineapple juice every other day - enzymes just gets rid of dead skin and clears out the pores like MAGIC!
Also - use egg whites to tighten your pores afterwards. No more breakouts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I was going to write my review of Cupcake awhile ago, but got too busy and forgot and I am glad I did! Because if I would have written it a couple weeks ago, I would have had to come back and edit it, because my feelings have changed about this mask that much!

I will start off by saying that I bought this only because I was in a LUSH store, they were out of Love Lettuce and I wanted to give something new a try anyway. It was a toss up between Catastrophe Cosmetic and Cupcake, and I went with the latter based on the outstanding reviews that I had read on it. If I'm being honest, I am not a fan of the smell... It doesn't smell like mint chocolate, or cupcakes, or cocoa or anything I would want to eat... I find it to smell rather disgusting. But for ten to fifteen minutes, I can deal with it.

About two weeks ago when I first used it, I hated it. I have combination skin (an oily forehead, nose, and chin and dry spots on my cheeks and around my nose) and I felt like this dried my skin out WAAAAYYYY to much. I am not even kidding. I could feel how tight my face was once I washed it off. So since I was already disappointed in the mask, the fact that there was basically not beans or anything scrubby in it and it was SO messy, just infuriated me further. So I decided to just call that 6.95 USD a loss and move on with my life.

Well, then my period happened. And I got the worst hormonal acne that I have ever had in my life. I am not exaggerating when I say that either. Usually I get a couple pimples on my chin and that's about as bad as it gets. Well not this time. For the first time in my life, I got pimples on my cheeks. And not just a couple either. I seriously had a ton on both cheeks. It was embarrassing. Well anyway, I tried everything in my arsenal and nothing was making them disappear. Well that was until I used this mask. The first time that I used it at night, I woke up in the morning and my pimples weren't as red and I had no new breakouts. It was amazing. So I chanced it and used it the next night. This time, I washed my face, used Full of Grace, and then applied Cupcake just to help the mask do it's job better and to prevent my face from dying out so much. I am not even kidding when I say that my pimples are almost completely healed and this mask is the only thing that I changed and has helped them!

So I would definitely purchase if I am ever having another skin care crisis like this one, because this mask has been a lifesaver.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try the Cupcake mask since I have oily blemish prone skin and I have tried the Mask of Magnaminty and the Brazened Honey masks and I absolutely love them both.
The Cupcake mask is supposed to be for oily, spotty skin to help reduce oil. It hardly has any exfoliating properties in it, and after leaving it on my face and washing it off (trying to scrub it off) I didn't feel like it was doing anything. I didn't notice a reduction in oil afterwards like I usually do with the other two masks that exfoliate really well.

I tried a few LUSH cleansers and they were just irritating my skin on the days I used them. The days I used the masks were fine. I started using the Magnaminty mask almost everyday, and my skin has become less oily, and I have hardly any breakouts on my face. I went and bought the Brazened Honey mask (and Cupcake) so I can switch the 3 of them around each day instead of the LUSH cleansers. I figured I will use what works! So now once a day I use a LUSH fresh mask and wash it off in the shower. It has done wonders for my skin, but I won't repurchase the Cupcake mask because it doesn't have any exfoliating properties like I had hoped and just doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I have to use a scrubbie to try and get some exfoliating action with it!

But if you are like me and are getting great results on days when you use a LUSH mask, I would maybe suggest try using it more often than they tell you to! Use it as a cleanser, or as your mask, it can't hurt! My skin has gotten unbelievably better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first mask from LUSH. It's a good mask if you have combination to oily skin. It helps with oil control and really makes the skin feel clean. It smells like chocolate mint. The mask is a little difficult to spread on my face and can leave lumps. It feels nice on the skin and has a cooling effect. It gets pretty messy when I'm washing it off but my skin looks better after I use it. As for it helping with acne, I don't notice it helping. I get pimples sometimes but when I use this mask when my face is breaking out it doesn't do anything to my acne. It's still a good mask though.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/12/2013 4:44:00 PM More reviews by gunc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

It's no miracle. Didn't prevent my oiliness much. Didn't prevent or cause any breakouts. Only, after using this i felt a little more fresh and clean than the times when I only use cleanser. It does smell amazing, but a little too solid so it is hard to put on.

I think it is overpriced for what it does, in my country at least.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/2/2013 5:14:00 PM More reviews by Bethpag11

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this product! Whenever I go into Lush I always come out with something and a remembered hearing a blogger raving about the fresh mask in Love lettuce. So I decided to give the masks a try. The people in lush are so lovely and come up to you instantly and help you in a non pushy manner. The best way to describe my skin would be oily with the occasion blemish if I don't combat the oils. The lady recommended cupcake which is good considering its the one I was gravitated to due to my love of chocolate. She said its good for teenage skin. Oily and spotty however not brilliant for acne prone skin as the cocoa can irritate it. I have tried it three times now and every time my skin looks brighter, matter and any blemishes appear less red and large. When washing the mask off I recommend using large circular motions and using it as a light scrub. I use it three times a week. I wouldn't recommend it if you have acne bi for combating oily skin, it's perfect.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 4:50:00 AM More reviews by xxicah

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

The shopkeeper recommended Love Lettuce or Cupcake, and I chose to buy the latter because the idea of chocolate and everything sweet appealed to me. This mask however was disappointing overall. It helped a little with the oil, merely taking the shine off my face. As for blemish healing wise, there was no effect. The smell is really strong and nauseating. It doesn't smell like chocolate, but a rather gagging rubbery stench. I guess I'm not the only one since my sister always complained about smelling it from across the house. I guess I'll try Love Lettuce next.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/30/2013 4:33:00 PM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Lush masks are most definatly my favorite masks to use, and Cupcake is simply delicious. This was actually the first one I had ever tried and that was seven years ago! Still love it even though my skin has changed since then. It smells incredible, of course. When rinsed off, my skin is left clean, smoothe, and bright. I usually massage it in circles when rinsing for a bit of exfoliation. Just a perfect pick me up mask when your skin feels a bit congested. I'd highly recommend.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by aed12

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this mask. It changed my skin. I have oily/combo skin and it sucks up the grease, evens out texture and colour and makes you generally glowy. I live for this mask.

Plus, it smells like you could eat it.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2013 9:04:00 PM More reviews by postmoderngirl

This is the first mask from LUSH I've tried, and I thought it'd be perfect for my skin type (combination-oily / blemished) but it really didn't do anything for me. I loved the smell of it, and it made me feel like I was at a spa. It felt nice on, but that was about it. I didn't notice any changes in blemishes or anything.. I actually prefer my clay masks from the drugstore. I might try another LUSH mask, but I wouldn't repurchase this one.