October 21, 2014 | 1923 users online

Masks - LUSH - Cupcake Mask

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2014 9:12:00 AM More reviews by emmab6756

I like to get this free when I take back all the empty pots of Big shampoo! I think it is well priced though even if purchased outright. I like the texture and certainly feel that it calms the redness in my skin and helps to combat breakouts in my congested areas. I agree with others that it stinks but I don't find it too much. It is a fake chocolaty mint smell so have a sniff in store before you buy...if you can smell it above all the other smells in the shop!!!

rated 2 of 5 on 2/17/2014 7:36:00 PM More reviews by c0nsequence

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

As a teenager, I was looking for something to calm down my skin for when I had breakouts and this face mask specifically designed for teenagers was calling for me. When I opened it, I wasn't greeted by Lush's yummy cosmetic smell but it was an off-putting, artificial chocolate smell which accompanied it! I tried it once or twice a week and to be honest if anything, it made my skin worse! My skin was noticeably drier and my breakouts were worse. Since it's made from fresh ingredients, it goes out of date fairly quickly and you are given quite a lot and so most of it goes to waste!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 11:25:00 PM More reviews by zee140

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

So this is my second mask I buy from lush and what encouraged me to buy it is all the great reviews about it so I just went to the shop and got it immediately but I regret not smelling it in the shop.. NO it doesn't smell like a cupcake and no it doesn't smell like sugar or anything.. It smells like mint and chocolate and it doesn't make a good combination. But the mask itself isn't bad it cleans pretty well and removes oils n stuff. Smell it before purchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/30/2013 4:38:00 AM More reviews by iamgracey

Both my friend and myself bought this product on the same day after looking at so many great reviews online. (We are huge Lushies!)

I really really wanted to like this product, as it promises less oily skin, calms the pimples and has a slight exfoliating effect. And who doesn't like chocolate?

I have combination skin, really oily on the forehead and chin whereas my cheeks are pretty dry. Herbalism and AoBS cleanser calmed my oily skin down (more on that on another review) so I thought this mask will maintain its condition.

Lush is really expensive in Singapore and I already knew I couldn't finish the product by a month, since this product can only be used once or twice a week. But who knew, I threw out the product after the second use, wasting my $26. :(

First Impression: It is supposed to smell like Chocolate but to be all honest, it really doesn't. The smell stays on while waiting for the mask to dry up. I was willing to put up with the smell if it's a miracle product.

Application: I actually wanted to just use this product for my forehead and chin, but the salesperson said that it is good for the whole face as the mud ingredient can moisturize the cheeks.

I put it all over my face, and after a good 2 or 3 minutes, the area below my nose felt super tightened and it hurt really badly. After washing it off it became red, but the redness did not go away.

My forehead became super dry, every single inch of oil seemed to be sucked up from my face. It was quite scary, I thought my face will tear up. (Being dramatic here.. hehe) Slapped on a lot of moisturizer after that and pray I wouldn't breakout.

The second time I used this was about a week after, this time I skipped my nose and cheeks area. Same thing happened, my forehead was super dry and I didn't like how my face felt.

There wasn't a third time because I sorta dreaded to use this mask, and before I knew it it had expired.

I asked my friend and she didn't like the cupcake mask either as it was too drying. Although we are just a few years passed our teens, I think this product is not suitable for us. Maybe it is for really oily or teenage skin.

A product I definitely will not repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/6/2013 12:44:00 PM More reviews by Milly17

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

this mask is really good for my skin, pampering yet gentle enough for me to use ( skin can be sensitive ) not overly fond of the chocolate scent but apart from that brilliant product very pampering and good results.! buy it over and over again.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by lambchop124

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Helps reduce oiliness and redness in my skin, and I think it helps with blemishes too. Beware though, don't leave it on for more than 15 minutes or it will suck every last drop of oil out of your skin and leave your skin dry like paper (first time my skin has ever felt like that!) also a tiny bit exfoliate-y, which I like.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2013 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Dimanta

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am mostly using my favorites Love Lettuce and BB Seaweed masks, however I decided to get something new for my 6th free mask. I never tried Cupcake - so that was my choice (even though I do not have oily skin type... This mask is for oily, acne-prone skin type). I took it anyways because I'm using my Rose cream (that is super rich and moisturizing) afterwards.
Have to say - the scent is so so.. somehow like old chocolate cupcake, haha.
Leave it on for 5-10 min, rinse it off, my skin feels kind of clean and dry, little chocolate stinky. I can not say anything bad about this mask but not the mask I would purchase in future.
EDIT: Best results with any mask:
1) Exfoliate gently first, even baking soda, salt or extra fine sugar will do (mixed with your cleanser). 2) Then steam your face over hot water or green tea for 2 minutes.
Another great tip for pores (The BEST, does wonders to MY SKIN) - use fresh pineapple juice every other day - enzymes just gets rid of dead skin and clears out the pores like MAGIC!
Also - use egg whites to tighten your pores afterwards. No more breakouts.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 10/19/2013 6:58:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I was going to write my review of Cupcake awhile ago, but got too busy and forgot and I am glad I did! Because if I would have written it a couple weeks ago, I would have had to come back and edit it, because my feelings have changed about this mask that much!

I will start off by saying that I bought this only because I was in a LUSH store, they were out of Love Lettuce and I wanted to give something new a try anyway. It was a toss up between Catastrophe Cosmetic and Cupcake, and I went with the latter based on the outstanding reviews that I had read on it. If I'm being honest, I am not a fan of the smell... It doesn't smell like mint chocolate, or cupcakes, or cocoa or anything I would want to eat... I find it to smell rather disgusting. But for ten to fifteen minutes, I can deal with it.

About two weeks ago when I first used it, I hated it. I have combination skin (an oily forehead, nose, and chin and dry spots on my cheeks and around my nose) and I felt like this dried my skin out WAAAAYYYY to much. I am not even kidding. I could feel how tight my face was once I washed it off. So since I was already disappointed in the mask, the fact that there was basically not beans or anything scrubby in it and it was SO messy, just infuriated me further. So I decided to just call that 6.95 USD a loss and move on with my life.

Well, then my period happened. And I got the worst hormonal acne that I have ever had in my life. I am not exaggerating when I say that either. Usually I get a couple pimples on my chin and that's about as bad as it gets. Well not this time. For the first time in my life, I got pimples on my cheeks. And not just a couple either. I seriously had a ton on both cheeks. It was embarrassing. Well anyway, I tried everything in my arsenal and nothing was making them disappear. Well that was until I used this mask. The first time that I used it at night, I woke up in the morning and my pimples weren't as red and I had no new breakouts. It was amazing. So I chanced it and used it the next night. This time, I washed my face, used Full of Grace, and then applied Cupcake just to help the mask do it's job better and to prevent my face from dying out so much. I am not even kidding when I say that my pimples are almost completely healed and this mask is the only thing that I changed and has helped them!

So I would definitely purchase if I am ever having another skin care crisis like this one, because this mask has been a lifesaver.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/29/2013 5:23:00 PM More reviews by smashlers

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I decided to try the Cupcake mask since I have oily blemish prone skin and I have tried the Mask of Magnaminty and the Brazened Honey masks and I absolutely love them both.
The Cupcake mask is supposed to be for oily, spotty skin to help reduce oil. It hardly has any exfoliating properties in it, and after leaving it on my face and washing it off (trying to scrub it off) I didn't feel like it was doing anything. I didn't notice a reduction in oil afterwards like I usually do with the other two masks that exfoliate really well.

I tried a few LUSH cleansers and they were just irritating my skin on the days I used them. The days I used the masks were fine. I started using the Magnaminty mask almost everyday, and my skin has become less oily, and I have hardly any breakouts on my face. I went and bought the Brazened Honey mask (and Cupcake) so I can switch the 3 of them around each day instead of the LUSH cleansers. I figured I will use what works! So now once a day I use a LUSH fresh mask and wash it off in the shower. It has done wonders for my skin, but I won't repurchase the Cupcake mask because it doesn't have any exfoliating properties like I had hoped and just doesn't seem to do anything for my skin. I have to use a scrubbie to try and get some exfoliating action with it!

But if you are like me and are getting great results on days when you use a LUSH mask, I would maybe suggest try using it more often than they tell you to! Use it as a cleanser, or as your mask, it can't hurt! My skin has gotten unbelievably better.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/26/2013 More reviews by Inayah

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my first mask from LUSH. It's a good mask if you have combination to oily skin. It helps with oil control and really makes the skin feel clean. It smells like chocolate mint. The mask is a little difficult to spread on my face and can leave lumps. It feels nice on the skin and has a cooling effect. It gets pretty messy when I'm washing it off but my skin looks better after I use it. As for it helping with acne, I don't notice it helping. I get pimples sometimes but when I use this mask when my face is breaking out it doesn't do anything to my acne. It's still a good mask though.