December 18, 2014 | 1568 users online

Treatments - Sally Hansen - Instant Cuticle Remover

rated 1 of 5 on 5/27/2014 10:31:00 PM More reviews by DarkSideChic87

Should have listened to recommendations for Blue Cross cuticle remover. This stuff really doesn't do what it's supposed to do for me. Applied it for probably about 30 seconds before pushing back my cuticles and washing my hands (directions on the bottle say 15 seconds). It lifted my cuticles from my nail, but the cuticles are still there and look really ragged. I feel like the only way to clean it up would be to trim my cuticles, but I don't want to do that (hence buying this product). I may give it another shot and leave it on even longer than the package directions, but if that doesn't work I'm going to have to try something else.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 2:49:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

First time ever trying this and I am so impressed. I have a bad bad habit of cutting my cuticles since I was in my teens and now am 39. I know we aren't supposed to do this anymore but I didn't like the way they looked just pushed back some.

I started looking for an alternative and ran into this. It's just what I was looking for. It dissolves the cuticles without cutting anything and they give the look of a very trimmed manicure. It's so easy to use. I just applied it to the cuticles and waited 15 seconds and began pushing them back. After about a minute (no longer the bottle warns) I washed my hands. The excess skin was coming off! It left them smooth and very neat.

It didn't dry my hands out or sting. It is the best alternative to cutting them. I will never go without this stuff now.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2014 7:16:00 PM More reviews by blackrose007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this works well it does soften my rough gross cuticles lol i got this a few years back snd my bottle still half full probably because i never use it its nice to use when ur cuticles look ravaged

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2014 6:52:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did nothing for me. Will try Blue Cross Cuticle Remover next.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/21/2014 4:22:00 PM More reviews by carinnemj

Miracle product for cleaning up my nails. I just squeeze some on at the base of my nails, push back cuticles with a wooden stick, and wash and dry my newly pretty hands. I have not experienced any skin sensitivity, but I only use this once every two weeks to be on the safe side.

I paid $6.99 for a 1 ounce plastic squeeze bottle at CVS, but it appears to be cheaper at Ulta.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 9:33:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

I thought I was the only one in the world that this didn't work for! Like the previous reviewer below, this doesn't remove my cuticles at all. I left this gel on for more than 15 seconds maybe a few minutes and all I got was sensitive skin after. I even tried to loosen the cuticle, push em back and then massaging but no, still stuck on. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong and why it works for almost everyone on here but me :(

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2014 8:37:00 PM More reviews by Susee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

This just didn't work for me. I've left it on my nails for up to 10 minutes (and it's supposed to do the job in 15 seconds!) and it softened my cuticle a bit, but nowhere near removed them. I gave it quite a few tries and actually did better removing cuticle after a shower with just a wet washcloth. Maybe I just had a bad bottle? Don't know--fail for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2014 6:42:00 PM More reviews by DoraZ

I've been using this for years, I use it maybe 2 or 3 times a week and it works really well to help keep my cuticles neat and trim looking. I've almost completely eliminated the need to trim my cuticles with a cuticle clipper and risk cutting my cuticles due to weekly use of this product!

The packaging says it "dissolves cuticles in 15 seconds" but I've found I need to keep it on a bit longer than that* for it to work really effectively, more like 30 seconds to a minute or so. I also make sure my cuticles are nice and soft before applying, plus I push back cuticles and scrape the cuticle bed and sides of my nails with a metal cuticle pusher while the product is on my nails, that also helps. I follow up with an apricot scrub and nail brush to eliminate any lingering cuticle excess and that's pretty much all I need. This is an HG product for me for sure!

*This product really is strong, follow the instructions and don't leave it on by itself for longer than a minute or two or it will dissolve your nails too!!!!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 12:23:00 PM More reviews by mellouise

A bottle of this has lasted 2 years so far. I still have lots left, and use it weekly. No offensive smell, sturdy packaging. It is stronger than the high street products available in the UK. It works really quickly. I have really thick cuticles and this is the only remover that has worked. I use it with a metal cuticle pusher.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/6/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by lisaxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I've tried a lot of cuticle products and this one is really nice. It's cheap and will last you a while because you only need a little bit. If I get busy and my nails get neglected, this stuff is great for getting my cuticles back in shape fast. It is a little strong for my tastes so I only use it every other week.