Mary Kay Velocity Facial Cleanser

3.7

Water TEA-Lauryl Sulfate, Glycerin, Propylene Glycol, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Methyl Cocoyl Taurate, Dimethicone, Comfrey Extract, Dog Rose Hips Extract, Camellia Oleifera Extract, Coneflower Extract, Willow Bark Extract, Sandalwood Extract, Meadowsweet Extract, Chaparral Extract, Golden Seal Root Extract, Cinnamon Extract, Lauramine Oxide, Triethanolamine, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, PEG-150 Distearate, C12-15 Akyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea, VelocityTM Fragrance, PPG-26-Buteth-26, Polyethylene, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylene Glycol, Propylparaben, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, PEG-40 Hydrogenated Castor Oil

on 7/30/2012 12:14:00 PM

Only thing I will use on my face and I have VERY angry sensitive fair skin. Was introduced by a friend who sold MK and was hesitant..had intermittent acne and almost every cleanser made my skin red/irritated. Proactiv made my skin lose all elasticity completely and I only had mild (maybe 1-2 whiteheads a month).

I have been using thisfor 3 years now. It is not marketed specifically as an acne wash, but it kept my acne at bay (if you have clear skin it will keep it clear, it will not spot treat pimples). Provides just enough of everything (cleansing, toning, exfoliating) for me and my skin reacts well to it, esp. when used with the moisturizer. A bottle last a while for me, so I am willing to shell the $ for it.

Only cleanser/moisturizer I have ever repurchased (4 or 5 times). Love. Love. If they ever pulled it off the market I would cry.

on 7/3/2012 12:50:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Other

It's a good cleanser. It's also a slow worker, but it does work. I'm not sure if I'd buy it again, but for now I put yes. I love the velocity moisturizer too <3

on 4/30/2012 12:03:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm

I was using Avon Anew, but wanted to try something different for my small breakouts i have around my pierod time and i heard that proactive can stain your wash rags and bedding and clothes. But the smell of this Velocity is crazy! It smells like freaking urine or something! This cleanser would be perfect if it was fragrance free. On the other hand i like how you only have to use a tiny amount because it spreads really well, but i dont know if i can get past the dreadful, horrid smell.

on 3/29/2012 6:27:00 PM

I absolutely love this product. It smells amazing too!

So many great ingredients are packed into this cleanser. I have combination skin that tends to flare up often. I wanted a cleanser that could tackle acne but not dry my skin out. I tried lots of different cleansers but they were either too drying or didn't work.

Salicylic Acid in a cleanser is too harsh for my skin and that's all I seemed to find in acne cleansers. This is Salicylic Acid free! :)

This one tightens my skin up by just the right amount. No dryness and I feel super clean afterwards. I can't comment much on it's effects on acne but it seems to help.

on 1/7/2012 3:01:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have been struggling with cystic acne for nearly 15 years and have tried LOTS of products. I used Proactiv for several years but was never completely satisfied and very harsh and drying, which you'd think would be a good thing for my super oily skin but not so; and not to mention it stained all my clothes and towels - what was it doing to my skin?! Then my sister introduced me to Mary Kay. She got me in touch with her consultant, and after a lengthy discussion, she recommended I try Velocity. I've been using it for nearly a year now and my acne has improved so much! I still get the odd breakout here and there, but NOTHING like i used to have to deal with. And it has really helped with my oily skin as well. I am so glad i switched and will not use anything else. I really enjoy the fresh scent as well.

The price is very reasonable and it lasts me about 4 months, which is a really long time for me. I like the squeeze bottle, but a couple of times i didn't close the cap quite tight enough and the cleanser leaked out all over my counter, so now i have to make sure its closed tightly to avoid the mess and wasting this great product. I would recommend this product to teenagers who are just starting to break out; i wish i'd had this product as a teen - it would've saved me a lot of embarrassment; glad i have the opportunity to finally have decent skin.

on 12/20/2011 12:45:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I finally found a cleanser that worked for me! I love this product, I am 19 and for awhile I have been having really terrible skin, but ever since i started using this product it is the only thing that has been working for me lately! I've tried many drugstore cleansers but this is the best! I also use the moisturizer too. This leaves my face fresh, smooth, and clear! definitely recommend!xoxo

on 11/30/2011 8:47:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I was very reluctant to buy this product because I have used many acne cleansers that haven't worked for me (Clearasil Acne + Scarring, Neutrogena Pink Grapefruit, Neutrogena Bar and the Acne Free System) and the ingredients list for Mary Kay's Velocity Cleanser didn't list the Salicylic acid or Benozyl Peroxide I was used to. I was sure that using this product would end with a massive breakout, but I thought I'd try something new anyway. I have been using this cleanser + the toner and velocity moisturizer for three weeks now and I haven't had even one pimple since. This is a HUGE deal, because I usually wake up with one new pimple everyday. This product did dry me out (though it might have been the toner?), so I use it once a day at night and use Aveeno Positively Ageless in the morning. My face feels great and my skin is so smooth (I wish my acne scars would go away though). I highly recommend this product.

on 11/28/2011 11:57:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure

So i have been using this cleanser for about 4 months now and i really do like it. it cleared up my horrible acne, reduced my scarring and it does a nice job of cleaning my skin. I would indeed recomend this cleanser to a friend because it work wonders I rated it a four because im not sure if it would work as great without the toner.

on 10/5/2011 6:34:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

An OK product.I like how it seems to have natural ingerdients,but there are tons of other cleanser that do to.didn't make a big difference to my skin which is why i'm not re-buying.its coool it has little beads in it though.

on 8/6/2011 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

One of my favorite face washes ever! It cleans really well but it doesn't strip all the moisture from my dry skin. 100% recommended :)